Carter County Predictions, Week 1 (8-25-06)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton vs. Johnson County--Hampton has to be on top of thier game right off the bat. Many questions are still out there with Hampton. Can thier line hold up, can the pass defense hold up. Johnson Co. will be doing some upsetting this year in their conference. Playing at Johnson Co. is always hard on visiting teams. my best educted guess. Hampton in a very tight one, 20-16.

Unaka vs. Hurley---Please get them off you schedule coach Ensor. Unaka is prime to shake thing up this year, but playing Hurley shouldn't be much more than practice. Unaka wins by however many they want to.

Science Hill vs. Elizabethton---Elizabethton could answer alot of questions on how their season is going to be this year come Friday night. But Science Hill ain;t no push over. Science Hill 35-14.

Unicoi vs. Happy Valley---Is it possible that both teams can lose this one. Unicoi is on the uprising again and Happy Valley graduated too many to be a factor this year. Judging by the performance of Happy Valley last week, Unicoi will have their first meaningful win in a very long time. Unicoi wins, 27-8.

Cloudland vs. West Greene---Cloudland got their butts handed to them on a silver platter, and could have been alot worse. But on the other hand, West Greene is use to the beatings and nothing will change. Cloudland gets one of thier few wins this year. Cloudland 35-15.

Hurley, no matter how good they are, or were, has beaten Unaka twice. Last season I think Hurley won by around thirty points. Three seasons ago was a devastating loss for the Rangers.

Unaka may soon be able to go toe-to-toe with Hampton, Cloudland, Happy Valley, etc., but we're one game into Coach Donald Ensor's first season. And though I hope they can do it, to expect the Rangers to start winning by forty-plus points is a little over the top.

Unaka defeated a potentially dangerous Chuckey Doak team handily, but the Rangers were plus-4 in turnovers. I think Unaka will have a very good season, and the future looks bright. But it's awfully early.

As for Elizabethton and their Quarterback, from what I've read and been told, they have one of the most talented and exciting players in our area. Coach Clark was very impressed.

Science Hill vs Big E, should be 2 good quarters of football but SH has 2 much for Betsy SH by 14

Cloudland vs West Greene I believe will be a close game with cloudland winning by only 6

Unaka vs Hurley I wouldnt call this a game, unaka needs to play some real teams, Unaka by 35 (but good moral booster for young team)

Happy Valley vs Unicoi, Erwins lost 11 or so straight I would say they will do some venting in this game Erwin 49 - HV 7

The Big game, Hampton vs Johnson County I believe the bull dogs will come together on both sides of the ball and show everyone there the real deal, Hampton 21 - Johnson county 0

So, "book," why do you have Unaka picked by forty? Aren't you expecting a little too much, a little too early?

Well, I don't think Hurley is as good as Chuckey Doak... The score for that game could've easily been 45-0, because Unaka had a droped pass in the endzone, and the CD touchdown probably could have been batted away had Medina put his hands up... The defense, as you know, had a player or two missing, so I honestly think they can keep Hurley to one touchdown. Because you have to remember, the Justice kid (#3) graduated. And I think the balence in the Ranger offense will keep Hurley guessing... I don't think they will ba able to cover the pass as good as Chuckey-Doak... And one of the reasons the score was that bad last year is because we thought we were going to go up there and have them beat by halftime, and I don't think that will happen this year because you know Coach Ensor will have them ready to play every snap.