Carter County Predictions, Week 1 (8-25-06)

What a week it will be in carter county, The Bulldogs travel to Mtn. City, The Besty Boys take on the Johnson City, hurley, va visits the creekers, H-V goes to Unicoi, and CLoudland travels to West Greene.

(Hampton @ Johnson County) Johnson Co. is in a rebuilding stage but I'm sure that coach Atwood will have the Mtn. city boys ready to face Class A power house. * Game of the week* Hampton.>>my pick>> Hampton 27 - Johnson County 14

(Science Hill @ Elizabethton) Elizabethton might be better than what people think..

>>My Pick>> Besty 35 - Hill 27

(Happy Valley @ Unicoi Co.) A battle between to rebuilding teams, this could be a good one>>My Pick>> H-V 32 - Unicoi 27

(Hurley, Va @ Unaka) the rangers looked impressive in the game agianst chucky doak. I look foor a big win here>> My Pick>> Unaka 48 - Hurley 7

(Cloudland @ West Greene) The Highlander travel to buffalo country and as much as I hate to say it, *Upset of the week* >> My Pick>>Landers 21 West Greene 27

Good luck to all carter county teams!!!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurley, VA @ Unaka- The Rangers run defense looked stout last week, and the past few years thats about all the Rebels do is run it. If they run the ball east to west like they normaly do, they'll be in trouble. Coach Ensor ought to have his crew ready this week... Unaka-47 Hurley, VA-6

Hampton @ Johnson County- The Longhorns are pretty green this season, but coach Atwood seems to have utalized his team speed by playing out of sets with more wide outs. From what I've heard on here from some of the Hampton faithful, the Bulldog's pass defense has been shaky from time to time in the preseason. This game is simple: If Hampton can stop the pass, the win. If they can't, They lose. I think whoever scores the last touchdown will win... Hampton-30 J.C.H.S.-28

Science Hill @ Elizabethton- Sciece Hill seemed to have a good defense against Central, but they had trouble getting the ball into the endzone. The Cyclones seemed to have trouble with penalties last week. Lets see if Coach Pless has worked on ther... And I still think Elizabethton has the wrong kid behind center... Science Hill-17 Elizabethton-10

Happy Valley @ Unicoi County- The Warriors are in for a LONG season this year... I can't say much else about them. Coach Cooper seems to have put new life into a program that hasn't won a game in almost 2 years, and it showed last week when they played tooth and nail against South Greene... Unicoi County-27 Happy Valley-21

Cloudland @ West Greene- The Highlanders had better be glad they got a team like this to play after the kind of game they had last week. But its no easy win. The Buffs have a young team, but its practicly the same as last year, so they DO have some varsity time under their belt. I bet they will play out of a shotgun set with double twins, so its easy to see that if the 'Landers have as much trouble with the pass as they did last week, they will lose. And I don't think there will be much defense in this game either.... Cloudland-44 West Greene-38

HAMPTON VS. JOHNSON COUNTY -- To be the man, you've gotta beat the man. Hampton couldn't cut the mustard a year ago. So until they beat the Longhorns, they're not the man! Whoo! JOHNSON COUNTY 24-12

UNAKA VS. HURLEY -- Another pipsqueak opponent for the Rangers. Coach Donald Ensor is gonna walk that aisle and style and profile while his pro-style offense racks up points like the Nature Boy wins World Titles! Whoo! UNAKA 77-2

SCIENCE HILL VS. ELIZABETHTON -- Tim Chambers brought up a good point today. Elizabethton wants to play all of the big dogs, but they're too scared to play a county school because they'd get their bells rung. I hope the Toppers beat them down like I beat down Dusty Rhodes. SCIENCE HILL 22-20

UNICOI VS. HAPPY VALLEY -- All the ladies in Erwin will be ready for Space Mountain after this one! UNICOI 33-12

CLOUDLAND VS. WEST GREENE -- Until the Highlanders get a coach that can call some plays, they're going to lose... lose... lose... WEST GREENE 50-to-Whoo!-0