JCM vs. Germantown

Yanker

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now many years and miles removed from my alma mater...the limited info i've gathered from the local paper has Germantown about equal to last years squad...so i'm expecting another defensive battle..hopefully with the Devils pulling out another close win.

Thanks for responding my "Large and Sneakful" friend. I haven't seen my alma mater in the preseason but I do know that we should have a GREAT defense. The word is that we have very little offense at this point but it will pick up as we get into the meat of our region schedule. If Germantown is about like last year , then get ready for the taste of defeat since this year's game will be played at the legendary "ROCK"!!! The YANKER has spoken!!!

I remember last years game. There were a whole lot of players on both sides going down with cramps. But it was a very even matchup with a controversial, well lets say a very close call at the end of the game that decided the outcome. Hopefully JCM has improved what was a dismal offense in the jamboree two weeks ago. If not the defense had better be in mid-season form. I did see that G`town is rated in the top 10 in 5A so that would make a Cougar victory even that much more sweeter and would solidify their own spot in the 4A top 10.

I remember last years game. There were a whole lot of players on both sides going down with cramps. But it was a very even matchup with a controversial, well lets say a very close call at the end of the game that decided the outcome. Hopefully JCM has improved what was a dismal offense in the jamboree two weeks ago. If not the defense had better be in mid-season form. I did see that G`town is rated in the top 10 in 5A so that would make a Cougar victory even that much more sweeter and would solidify their own spot in the 4A top 10.

There should be no such controversy at the ROCK my VG friend. It will be a level playing field. Our offrense cannot be as bad as I keep hearing. Remember that the offense is slower to come around than the defense and the offense has been watching Borner lately and now the rest of them have to do something.

Here is what the Commercial Appeal wrote about Germantown when they did their capsule on Region 8-5A.

Germantown

With the ball: There isn't a more experienced quarterback in the region than third-year starter Scott Anglin (5-11, 185). Senior FB Paul Vance (6-1, 205) and TB Meeshaw Gooden (5-6, 165) will run behind a line working in four new starters.

Without the ball: An experienced Red Devil secondary, made up of seniors Greg Gatson (5-11, 160), Justin Wilson (6-2, 179) and Greg Hardy (5-11, 160), will back up a linebacking unit with three new starters. Senior DTs Keith Pollard (5-9, 235) and Glen Russell (6-0, 240) lead the line.

Forecast: With Anglin at the helm, G-town should remain atop the heap in arguably the toughest region in the state.

I'm really interested in this game because next week, my team, Whitehaven plays Germantown, which is the first region game for both teams. That is a really important game because I think region 8-5A is the most difficult in all of Tennessee, in every classification. I know others will differ in opinion ... but those who live in this srea will agree ... Germantown, Whitehaven, Houston, Collierville, Whitestation, and Woodale is murderers row. It's like the SEC, going undefeated is highly unlikely ... and if you do, you are so riddled with injuries after beating up on each other ... your team looks like the walking wounded! Kirby and Hamilton are the bottom two teams in this region, but actually ... Hamilton HAS atheltes ... they COULD be good as well. They have'nt been in the past 10-15 years ... but they are capable ... with the right coach they could be VERY formidable. So, the JCM - Germantown game will be telling.

Edited by kwc

Last year there was so much of the offense centered around Borner. Rightly so. This year our tactics have to change because we no longer have a QB with the talent Rickey had. Our QB can pass decently enough, but it took half the year last year before the receivers really started producing. They dropped 2 passes in the jamboree. They can`t wait that long this year if JCM wants to win.

Last year there was so much of the offense centered around Borner. Rightly so. This year our tactics have to change because we no longer have a QB with the talent Rickey had. Our QB can pass decently enough, but it took half the year last year before the receivers really started producing. They dropped 2 passes in the jamboree. They can`t wait that long this year if JCM wants to win.

Do you have a "gut" feeling about this game my "VG" friend? The YANKER's head is spinning over this one. I keep going back and forth. I have not seen us yet but here bad things about our offense.

This will be a great game, but I think that both teams are not up to their previously high potential. This one will be close and mostly defensive. G'town will pull out a victory due to greater discipline.

Germantown 17

JCM 6

Thanks for contributing to this thread my young Cephus.

Low scoring. Hard fought game. G'Town wins. Like to see Region Team 7 Team win but don't think it will happen.

Thanks for your input "Oh Winged One"!