Knox Catholic at Sequoya

SliderSport

Some of these things have been really botherin me.

Since when do resources make a good football team?

Since when does a good coach have to be well paid?

SINCE WHEN DOES A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER HAVE TO WEAR GOOD EQUIPMENT?

The last one really tears me up. My sophmore year my helmet was so bad i would have a bruise accross my forehead and probably a minor concusion after every time i put it on. My junior year my shoulder pads split down the back. My senior year i was fortunate enough to have some better equipment, but it was still me playing inside of it. I've seen teammates bench press 400 lbs with some of the sorriest weight room equipment around. The pads dont make the football player, the football players makes the pads. If you have any respect for the game of football you would know that.

I agree with you to some extent, but if you put a player in subpar equipment you are opening youself up for a lawsuit. in these times people are just looking for a reason to sue you. it sounds like you probably got your brain scrambled a little with that subpar equipment if you feel that equipment does not matter. i understand that heart is a big part of the game but being safe is a little more important than you are realizing.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even want to go there about this game. Catholic is very good and Sequoyah is gross. Catholic will be laying plenty of crack blocks and Harrison Smith will run wild.

Chester just to show how stupid you are the game has already been played. Yes Catholic is good, but I do not agree that Sequoyah is gross. They are young and will be good. Just stay in your cornshed and quit commenting on pepole you don't even know.

I agree with you to some extent, but if you put a player in subpar equipment you are opening youself up for a lawsuit. in these times people are just looking for a reason to sue you. it sounds like you probably got your brain scrambled a little with that subpar equipment if you feel that equipment does not matter. i understand that heart is a big part of the game but being safe is a little more important than you are realizing.

That scrambled brain got me into college on an academic scholarship and that sub-par equipment got me into an allstar game this summer. Its like my coach said when those pads are on the smallest man can play like the biggest. A pair of Riddel's that lace up in the front and have two straps that go under your completely levels the playing field. Thats one of the first lessons i learned in football. And since when does safety have anything to do with how talented you are? The best players play with reckless abandon for their bodies. Every football player hurts, every football player wakes up the first mornin after two a days sayin to himself "What have i gotten myself into?" The good players put on a brace, wrap it with tape, or put some Flex-All on it and say, "Alright, round two." You can seperate a shoulder just as easy in new pads as you can in old ones.

Some of these things have been really botherin me.

Since when do resources make a good football team?

Since when does a good coach have to be well paid?

SINCE WHEN DOES A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER HAVE TO WEAR GOOD EQUIPMENT?

I'd have to agree here. I've seen Melrose play for a couple of years now with less and succeed.

Catholic would be great this year with or without the very best of everything. They're hungry, They're well prepared and they're talented. Not to mention very well coached.

I'd have to agree here. I've seen Melrose play for a couple of years now with less and succeed.

Catholic would be great this year with or without the very best of everything. They're hungry, They're well prepared and they're talented. Not to mention very well coached.

I am sure that Sequoyah gets only the best. But it's not just looking good on Friday night that's the problem. These kids are young but they also need lots of guidance. It's rough on these kids. But it's hard on the fans as well. Something needs to be done starting at the top. Give it time and hopefully thing will get better for you guy.

OK, this thread is getting annoying to me so I would like to clear up a few things seing as I WENT to Catholic for a little bit ;-p

#1 YES, Catholic has nice equipment because of something called tuition, it happens in ALL private schools so get over it!!!! I don't hear anyone complaining about Webb, it costs more to go there so does that mean their program is better?? Do they have better players??? Do they better coaches??????

#2 YES, Catholic has good coaches MAYBE because of the tuition factor. (If you don't understand what tuition is please see section 1) but the amount of money paid to the coaches does NOT dictate how good they are!!

$3 NO, the athletes there don't get "Grants" nor do they get "Financial Aid" unless they qualify for that, meaning their parents ARE Catholic and do not earn a certain amound of money, then they are ELIGIBLE for that aid, like ANY other kid.

#4 Why should they have to play in their own league like someone said earlier?? That makes no sense, or maybe it's because you can't even come close to beating their freshmen team, it's not so fun to lose huh?? But I guess you all are good at making excuses.... :lol: They barely have HALF the number of students 3A schools do if at that!!

The bottom line is accept the fact that they ARE in 3A!!!!!! Just because when they first came up to 3A and you thought they were gonna be a push over and they ended up owning you all doesn't give you the right to CRY about them because of money or any other bullcrap you can think of!! Instead of whinning, why don't you all try and make YOUR KIDS better athletes, did you ever think of that??

I am sure that Sequoyah gets only the best. But it's not just looking good on Friday night that's the problem. These kids are young but they also need lots of guidance. It's rough on these kids. But it's hard on the fans as well. Something needs to be done starting at the top. Give it time and hopefully thing will get better for you guy.

Diva I am not sure I understand what you are saying? You are right looking good is only a small part of the equation. What do you mean by something being done starting at the top? What do you mean by it being hard on the fams? They are not the ones who are out there working their tails off each day, and they are the ones up there questioning everything that the coaches do or say. When this happens the kids hear it and lose faith in the coaches and then the coaches lose the confidence of the players. The coaches work hard and deserve the respect of not having everything they do second guessed by people that are never around until game time. Most of the coaches spend more time with some of the players than there own parents do. I am just wandering what you are trying to say about the canges needing to be made starting at the top? Believe me the coaches have to deal with junk you would never even think about.

Diva I am not sure I understand what you are saying? You are right looking good is only a small part of the equation. What do you mean by something being done starting at the top? What do you mean by it being hard on the fams? They are not the ones who are out there working their tails off each day, and they are the ones up there questioning everything that the coaches do or say. When this happens the kids hear it and lose faith in the coaches and then the coaches lose the confidence of the players. The coaches work hard and deserve the respect of not having everything they do second guessed by people that are never around until game time. Most of the coaches spend more time with some of the players than there own parents do. I am just wandering what you are trying to say about the canges needing to be made starting at the top? Believe me the coaches have to deal with junk you would never even think about.

Let me break it down for you . Fan /parent have to hear these kids after practice. I have the up most faith in how hard it is to take all the time that you do away from your family. But its your choice.As a parent you never lose faith in your child whatever they do. Good or Bad. As for the comment about how hard it is on the fans. It is hard to see some of these teams lose and and not feel just as bad for them. As a fan of the game i will support my high school teams but i don't have to agree with how it is run.That is just how I feel. Now I have been very nice and repectful with my comment now lets see how you willl comment back . Because we are all adults can we respond like adults. On the comment second guessing by people that are not around until game time. I know the game I have been around it all my life. I dont have to second guess you.

Let me break it down for you . Fan /parent have to hear these kids after practice. I have the up most faith in how hard it is to take all the time that you do away from your family. But its your choice.As a parent you never lose faith in your child whatever they do. Good or Bad. As for the comment about how hard it is on the fans. It is hard to see some of these teams lose and and not feel just as bad for them. As a fan of the game i will support my high school teams but i don't have to agree with how it is run.That is just how I feel. Now I have been very nice and repectful with my comment now lets see how you willl comment back . Because we are all adults can we respond like adults. On the comment second guessing by people that are not around until game time. I know the game I have been around it all my life. I dont have to second guess you.

It is a coaches choice and most do not complain about it. If they di then they do not need to be coaching. You are correct you do not have to agree with how a team is run, but on the other side of that you do not need to push your views on the players and other people. What if coaches came to your job and pointed out everything that you do that they do not agree with. Would you like that or would you take it in stride and have your family sit there and listen to the coaches talk about you and the sorry job you are doing. Coaching is one of the most criticized careers in the world because everyone knows how to do it better. If every seat in the stadium had a headst and you had 25 seconds to take information and process it, call a play and get the play off could you do it? Think about htat before you criticize the coaches. Also if your kids are coming home after practice everyday nad complaining and you are listening to them and agreeing with them then what will you do 10 years from now when they have a job and come home complaining that the boss doesn't know what they are doing are you going to tell them that is life or tell them that they should just ignore the boss.

It is a coaches choice and most do not complain about it. If they di then they do not need to be coaching. You are correct you do not have to agree with how a team is run, but on the other side of that you do not need to push your views on the players and other people. What if coaches came to your job and pointed out everything that you do that they do not agree with. Would you like that or would you take it in stride and have your family sit there and listen to the coaches talk about you and the sorry job you are doing. Coaching is one of the most criticized careers in the world because everyone knows how to do it better. If every seat in the stadium had a headst and you had 25 seconds to take information and process it, call a play and get the play off could you do it? Think about htat before you criticize the coaches. Also if your kids are coming home after practice everyday nad complaining and you are listening to them and agreeing with them then what will you do 10 years from now when they have a job and come home complaining that the boss doesn't know what they are doing are you going to tell them that is life or tell them that they should just ignore the boss.

I give up. You are going to get the last word. The job is not easy but you do it because you like it. I believe that it is healthy to discuss things with your kids. I teach my children to be independent and a child knows when something is not right. I don't have that problem with my child coming home and telling me , but if they did I would listen. I hope that your child never comes home and tell you of something that they feel is important, I hope you listen. I am a great parent and I sure that you are too but don't ever think for one minute that ask that I want ask some ? If this world had more parents that cared about their kid we would not have so many lost kids. I was told if it wasnt for people like me the program would be better. I can say I never miss anything that goes on. My child know that THEY HAVE A PARENT LIKE NO OTHER.

HAVE A GREAT SEASON.

I give up. You are going to get the last word. The job is not easy but you do it because you like it. I believe that it is healthy to discuss things with your kids. I teach my children to be independent and a child knows when something is not right. I don't have that problem with my child coming home and telling me , but if they did I would listen. I hope that your child never comes home and tell you of something that they feel is important, I hope you listen. I am a great parent and I sure that you are too but don't ever think for one minute that ask that I want ask some ? If this world had more parents that cared about their kid we would not have so many lost kids. I was told if it wasnt for people like me the program would be better. I can say I never miss anything that goes on. My child know that THEY HAVE A PARENT LIKE NO OTHER.

HAVE A GREAT SEASON.

Hey you are right. I don't disagree with you on what you are saying about being a part of your childs life. All children need parents more like you, but you must also understand that they look up the coaches. I will never convince you to see what I am saying. I agree that you should ask questions, but do that go to that person and ask don't get on the vent and post that there needs to be some changes from higher up without talking to the people you are wanting to change and see how they feel about things. Most coaches are willing to talk to parents and discuss their children and any problems they may have. Most coaches though are not willing to compare kids and say why their child is playing less than someone else. You sound like a parent that should be involved in the process of making things better. Get involved and talk to your coach. I am sure he would be more than glad to talk to you, but you to must be willing to listen to what he says also.