Knox Catholic at Sequoya

SliderSport

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51-6. good win for catholic, but im pretty sure something came up earlier about runnin up the score. i understand smiths 3 touchdowns in the first half, but i know for sure that browder, pfleger, and hartmann, are all first team players. i dont find that to be too classy a move by catholic to embarrass a program like sequoyah.

Catholic could put 80 on Seqouyah. no contest. Smith gets no more than 10 touches and scores on 2-3 of those.

51-6. good win for catholic, but im pretty sure something came up earlier about runnin up the score. i understand smiths 3 touchdowns in the first half, but i know for sure that browder, pfleger, and hartmann, are all first team players. i dont find that to be too classy a move by catholic to embarrass a program like sequoyah.

I hate when teams run up the score and i hope that wasnt the case at this game ( i didnt get to see it).

catholic did put up 44 points in the first half, but i believe that you have to leave your first team in for at least a half. they need the work, and i do not think catholic was running up the score. they werent trying to embarrass sequoyah. after the game coach pemberton had positive things to say about sequoyah

catholic did put up 44 points in the first half, but i believe that you have to leave your first team in for at least a half. they need the work, and i do not think catholic was running up the score. they werent trying to embarrass sequoyah. after the game coach pemberton had positive things to say about sequoyah

The only thng I would question about hte running up the score was going with no huddle right before the half and Harrison Smith scoring the touchdown that made hthe 44th point. Catholic has an excellent team and was just a better team than Sequoyah. One thng I can say about Sequoyah is that they never quit. When you are down like that many teams will jst quit and it get worse even with the subs in. Sequoyah continued to fight and claw to keep it from getting worse than it was and the coaches and fans should be proud of that. I think Sequoyah has some good things to look forward to. By the way what kind of things did Coach Pemberton say about Sequoyah?

I just want to reply about running the score up. You can not tell a team to stop playing if they are winning. But you can put other people in like your underclassman to finish out the series. But to actually think that an opposing team is going to lay down is silly. Be reasonable,more than likely the would not have run it up as you say if all the negative talk about Catholic was not posted. Choose your words next time. Sequoyah has some great kids. They will bounce back very soon with time.

No one said they provided financial aid but since you brought it up I am sorry but I find it hard to believe that every kid their pays that big tutition each year. The money I was talking about was not to be degrading but I am talking about the resources your school is fortunate enough to have. Lets face it money talks in more ways than one. All I was saying was is that you are fortunate to be able to pay your coaches well enough to get some real good ones, to be able to afford the best stuff for your kids and so forth. Sorry you misundersood my comment. Just of curiosity how many of this years team has been there since grade school?

I know Smith has from what I have heard, but what about the rest?

Some of these things have been really botherin me.

Since when do resources make a good football team?

Since when does a good coach have to be well paid?

SINCE WHEN DOES A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER HAVE TO WEAR GOOD EQUIPMENT?

The last one really tears me up. My sophmore year my helmet was so bad i would have a bruise accross my forehead and probably a minor concusion after every time i put it on. My junior year my shoulder pads split down the back. My senior year i was fortunate enough to have some better equipment, but it was still me playing inside of it. I've seen teammates bench press 400 lbs with some of the sorriest weight room equipment around. The pads dont make the football player, the football players makes the pads. If you have any respect for the game of football you would know that.

Some of these things have been really botherin me.

Since when do resources make a good football team?

Since when does a good coach have to be well paid?

SINCE WHEN DOES A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER HAVE TO WEAR GOOD EQUIPMENT?

The last one really tears me up. My sophmore year my helmet was so bad i would have a bruise accross my forehead and probably a minor concusion after every time i put it on. My junior year my shoulder pads split down the back. My senior year i was fortunate enough to have some better equipment, but it was still me playing inside of it. I've seen teammates bench press 400 lbs with some of the sorriest weight room equipment around. The pads dont make the football player, the football players makes the pads. If you have any respect for the game of football you would know that.

Thanks for telling it like it is. It's not the uniform its what's inside that counts. In still pride in your yourself and most of all love the game. Dont learn it as you go.