Noise Makers

YesIbowl31

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Portland their football field is Right beside a train track...so every once and a while the actual train will blow its whistle during the game....they have adopted that same horn and have one set up at the north end of the field it is VERY LOUD. I almost jumped out of my shoes once when they scored a TD. whoo whooo. =))

Yes and they bring a whistle with them on the road and blow it when they score.

personally, I have come to realize that most cheer sponsors/coaches don't really know anything about cheerleading, they only take the job because they get like 2% added to their pay.... what a joke... it is sad to have 36 cheerleaders on a cheer squad and 1 parent can get louder than all of them....... Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only incident i know of a noise maker being banned is during a marshall county game...but that is only because they were using a train whistle every time the teams lined down. actually it wasn't banned but MC was penalized 15 yds every time they used it

Train whistle???? LOL That had to sound loud!! Never head that one and I come from a school where we make noise...only on our homefield...never figured that one out....

Instead of all the fans trying to find out what they can "get away with" or how far they can bend the rules at games, they should try thinking of how they can best show sportsmanship and put the attention where it is supposed to be: the competition on the field. Fans like to dance all around the line that they can't cross without "technically" crossing it when they shouldn't even be getting near it out of respect for your opponent and their fans.

During the Alcoa Maryville game this year there was a big announcement about no drugs, drinks, or noisemakers of any kind aloud into Maryvilles stadium. so much for that. Every Alcoa fan that had a horn or noisemaker blew it after that was announced! I don't think it is a great rule if it's a rule or not. If it is it could be one of those things that take some of the atmosphere out of high school football.