best rivalry's in football?

dekalb#6

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivalries are not one sided and the series between Boyd and South Pitt is a one sided affair. In order to be a rivalry, each team must win some. S Pitt can't beat Boyd and they know it. They may hope to beat the Bucs, but deep down they have serious doubts. Anyway, like I said this game isn't a rivalry because So Pitt can't hold up their end of the deal.

Just shut them up again boys. They talk, talk, talk, but do not back up anything!

maryville and alcoa

Crockett and Milan its a huge game of hard hitting smash mouth football of two teams who hate each others guts

I think saying they hate each other is a little overboard. It's a good matchup, but both coaches are old tucker coached and they have a lot of respect for each other. They're also both great coaches. I've only heard them say good things about each other.

However, in recent years the biggest in West TN is definately Huntingdon/Milan.

hey guys i want 2 hear some of your fav. rivalry's in high school football

I think Loudon vs Lenior City ranks right at the top with some of the others. It is called Battle Of The Bridge.I know we have a lot of schools that fit this bill but for this area I have to stick to my guns. and further more week 3 should be the last time this game is played. LC went to 4A and Loudon dropped to 2A and they are wanting to stop the game and I am not certain of the reason ....many rumors have surfaced. I do know one thing for a fact. at a LC school board meeting that was televised Mr Johnson ( board member) ask what the largest money game for LC was. and Mr Miller ( LC school super) replied it was the Loudon vs LC game.. Mr Johnson asked why it was being stopped and Mr Miller replied that it is not worth the 10-12 thousand dollars to have rocks thrown at buses and fans. this was a very false statement that was made by a person( Mr Miller) who did not have a clue. so with this I will say it looks like one of the rivalrys will end....thats ok we bring in crowds to all games. LC will struggle for gate sales.

Edited by Fan2Fan

East Robertson and Jo Byrns would have to be one of the most heated rilvaries in high school football!!! But i would have to say in the last couple of years that we have started a big rilval with the Goodpasture Cougars! Being a player from East Robertson, its hard to pick if i had to win one or the other i don't know which one i would want to win! I mean if you lose to Jo Byrns then you see them the rest of the year around the county, at b-ball games and baseball games. But goodpasture is straight bragging rights in the region and possibly this game is for a region crown!

East Robertson vs. Jo Byrns

East Robertson vs. Goodpasture

i say USJ\JCS is a good one dont get me wrong it has lost some its flair but i think itll really pick up again next year when JCS moves up o 2A

Goodpasture vs. David Lipscomb.

This is the only rival for both teams.

I have watched these games over the years

and it doesn' manner if one team has a better record,

it always comes down to the 4th quarter play by each

team that night.