Friday night lights

FCSpoe

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound to cocky for my FCS team, but i think the only way i would get to see it is if i went down to Whitwell on FCS's bye week. But that week is already booked to go see either gordonsville or trousdale play... mabey next year i will run down to Whitwell to see them play South Pitt. I hear that is usually a good rivally game.

A CERTAIN COACH MIKE DITKSA SAYS NOT A GOOD GAME TO WATCH

YOU WOULD HAVE MORE FUN WATCHING CSPAN THAN SOUTH PITT MURDERING WHITWELL YOUR IN AND YEAR OUT... I DONT BELIEVE WHITELL HAS WON IN MORE THAN 15 YEARS

SHHHH DO YOU HEAR THAT???????

THERE IS A HURRICANE COMING...........

Marion Co. Highschool with the train whistle. Right Bill?

Portland actually has train tracks right behind the visitors stands. When we played them up there my freshman year the whole train came through. It was about 15 degrees that night. It felt like 20 below with the wind coming off the train. Buuuuuurrrrrrrr. Coldest I've ever been in my life.

Austin East has to be one of the hardest places that band is awesome. A band like makes a good atmosphere for AE but bad for the opposing team.

Watched them play Livingston last year. They had just scored a TD and the band started playing the most awesome song I had ever heard at a high school game. Plus, on the following kickoff, the entire AE kickoff team started swaying back and forth to the beat of this song. All players were in rhythm and together. Never seen anything like it before. And this was on the ROAD. It must be amazing when they do it at home.

Portland actually has train tracks right behind the visitors stands. When we played them up there my freshman year the whole train came through. It was about 15 degrees that night. It felt like 20 below with the wind coming off the train. Buuuuuurrrrrrrr. Coldest I've ever been in my life.

Was up original? You are exactly right about portland it has great atmosphere. Of course being a jacket fan i love the creek bank. Although a few years ago we traveled to south pitt and played deep in the playoffs. It was cool every store in town had signs,black and orange all over the place. It was extemely cool.

The last 5 home games (including the playoffs) at Jo Byrns was AWESOME!!! The intensity grew every game leading to the semi's. Every week seemed to be straight from the movies. At half time of the Union City game I stood up in the bed of my truck, which was backed up to the south endzone, and saw players from East Robertson, Greenbrier, Springfield, Heritage, Cheatham Co., and Sycamore among everyone else. Everyone coming to see that Jo Byrns team in our house was priceless. I know it's only 1A, but you felt it none the less. I even made it on TV twice!!!

Edited by Shep

I got the privellege to drive down to South Pitt last year pirate mike, and i will have to say that the atmosphere in that town was amazing. Not to mention that the field itself was not to shabby. Seriously good atmosphere for football second only to Trousdale out of all the fields i have visited.