Friday night lights

FCSpoe

yall might think i am crazy but in 1a football there is a place called greenback and i have played their once and it was a very intimidating place

skipy, who'd u play for, and when? I'm an old cherokee. You can't beat the atmosphere at Greenback! the trucks wrapped around the field and packed with screeming fans. The stands are not that big but there were people every where. I miss like you wouldn't believe. We played Cloudland 3rd round of the playoffs in 2002 my senior year, and I think there was something like 9,000 + in attendane. Thats pretty inpressive considering the population probaly doesnt' break 1000. The attendance is down this year but when greenback is playing a region game its packed, regardless.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dyersburg players are led onto the field by a 502 cubic inch V-8 motorcyle.....

a BOSS HOSS of course, the worlds #1 selling V-8 powered motorocyle made right here in dyersburg......

we play "born to be wild" to cue the team to come from the locker room and take the field.....after the music starts, the driver starts the bike in front of the locker room, which is about 60 yards from the stadium....

the crowd stands and clap/yell when they hear that 502 V-8 throttle up..........

the bike leads the team to the field....as they approach the end zone, the pa announcer says.."dyersburg fans, get your motor running cause its time for trojannnnnn footballlll".... and then the bike leads the team onto the field....

the motorcycle stops at midfield, reving that bad boy up to 6500RPM..... you can see a hint of flames shooting from the pipes.....it is so loud you cannot hear the crowd yelling.....

below is a picture of the monster....

for the web site, follow this link http://www.bosshoss.com

BHC3502_1.jpg

Edited by mg

I like the atmosphere at Loudon vs Lenior City 2002 was something I will never forget . A slight wind was blowing softly warm then with a sudden taste of winter. A full moon dominated the sky with a mystic red glow. Dark clouds chased each other around the sky. Pine trees released a ground hugging fog that crept across the gridiron. Redskins and Panthers took the field in silence, the whistle blew and all heck broke loose. It was the best game I have ever been to Not just the game but Mother Nature came calling and it was great