Friday night lights

FCSpoe

It's hard to beat oak ridge in my opinion. They have a railroad crossing light at the top of the stadium and lights and smoke when they come down. Then after they stretch, they all get in the endzone and walk toward the other teams end to some awesome song. Very intimidating. Plus you got about 10,000 people there!!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was up original? You are exactly right about portland it has great atmosphere. Of course being a jacket fan i love the creek bank. Although a few years ago we traveled to south pitt and played deep in the playoffs. It was cool every store in town had signs,black and orange all over the place. It was extemely cool.

Yep, traveled through South Pitt years ago during the football season. South Pitt banners were attached to every street light down the main drag. All the store windows had orange and black slogans on them. Very cool.

White House has one of the best atmospheres around. The stadium is great with the bowl like shape and the huge stands it is one of the largest in 3A. It gets loud as anything you have ever seen for HS football. Plus it is very intimidating. The sr. are 15-2 at home in their 3 years. We have a unbelievable home winning %. WH has a great tradition with a great community and coaches backing them. Come to a WH-Portland game at the house if you wanna see real football. Nearly 10,000 there. Go Blue Devils!!

White House has one of the best atmospheres around. The stadium is great with the bowl like shape and the huge stands it is one of the largest in 3A. It gets loud as anything you have ever seen for HS football. Plus it is very intimidating. The sr. are 15-2 at home in their 3 years. We have a unbelievable home winning %. WH has a great tradition with a great community and coaches backing them. Come to a WH-Portland game at the house if you wanna see real football. Nearly 10,000 there. Go Blue Devils!!

Of course I will agree with you. Over the years with the rivalries with Portland and Springfield, it was at capacity.Now with the rivalry getting stronger with Greenbrier I will still have to say its one of the best around and will only continue too.When you can get 7-10 thousand people to come out in freezing temps---Now thats Football :thumb:

My opinion is Riverdale is strong fanbase but even with that there are many people there that have other things they prefer to do on a Friday night. I have been very impressed everytime I have been to Greenbrier to watch a game there. It's a small town and small school, but it seems the whole town has a Friday night appointment to watch a high school team. Thats what I qualify as atmosphere.

Edited by SuperBowlDream

i had the privilidge to play a quarter final game in Coalfield several years ago. What i thought was cool about that place was you were driving out in the middle of nowhere it seemed and then all the sudden you see lights from the stadium. Those people up there really seem to like there football. We have never had the oppurtunity to play them since but maybe one day.