Dobyns-Bennett vs Knox Bearden

ArtVandalay

This game is not even going to be close. DB wins and wins big. Even though I hate to see my Bulldogs go down we just can't match up to this greatly talented DB team. My prediction DB 52 Bearden 7. The only reason that I think we will even score is because the JV will be playing at the end of the game.

Go Bearden!

I think you guys ar trying your best to make DB over cofendent. The score won't be anything like that. It is usually a close score when Bearden don't have a good team. This year Bearden has a good team. You do the math.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it might be wise to add this entry into this thread to avert possible misunderstanding regard the DB band. A DB band member died after surgery Monday of this week. There is an article this morning on the front page of the Kingsport Times news about it. The band and band staff are pretty torn up about it and her family will receive friends Friday evening when the band or pep band would normally have gone to the Bearden game. Last I heard, the band director thought it was not appropriate for the band to go to Bearden so that band members could go to the funeral home if they wanted to out of respect to the family and to help put to rest their own feelings.

Last year at the Sevier County game and I think at the Karns game there were some negative comments about the band not being there ... mostly because those people did not fully understand what was going on with the band. Hopefully that will not happen this time.

I have never been to Bearden... Do you have a visitor's side or is all seating on onse side? What is the capacity of the stadium? I guess that DB will bring at least 1,000 fans, no band will hurt our numbers by 350 or so.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

No visitor side but seem to be about the side of Jefferson County, if not a lil bigger.

I thought it might be wise to add this entry into this thread to avert possible misunderstanding regard the DB band. A DB band member died after surgery Monday of this week. There is an article this morning on the front page of the Kingsport Times news about it. The band and band staff are pretty torn up about it and her family will receive friends Friday evening when the band or pep band would normally have gone to the Bearden game. Last I heard, the band director thought it was not appropriate for the band to go to Bearden so that band members could go to the funeral home if they wanted to out of respect to the family and to help put to rest their own feelings.

The Bearden community is very sorry to hear of the DB band member.

We always look forward to enjoying the DB halftime show presented by the band. You will be missed but we know it is very important to give your support to the family at this time.

for all who were asking go here for bearden stats:

http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys/teams/310/2006-2007/

torey works is raw, watch for him friday

Thats a good link to the offensive stats for Bearden.. thanks. Looks like they are going to spread it out and throw a bunch.. 46 attemps in 2 games by the starting QB. This link did not give anything on the defense.. no stats for the opposition other than 3 first downs? Is Torey Works a TB? If so, and he is raw, he will not produce any yardage against the Indians LB's.. Note: Dobyns-Bennett does have the best group of LB's in the state, any level.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

True but sometimes you dont have to get the yardage as long as you can make the opponet think you are going to run...if I run it 3 of 4 plays starting out whether I get yardage or not as long as it is moderate then PA or bomb it it works sometimes and from what all I have seen DB's secondary is sometimes suspect for gettin burned way down deep....just be watchign for it boys

Roll Tribe Roll

I doubt that Graham Clark and the rest of the Indians Coaching Staff will be or could be tricked into anything they don't expect. The West Game film will show all that the Bulldogs do, or will try to do.. it was a close game and the Bearden Coach HAD to win that game.. nothing could have been held back.

One thing... I spoke to Skunk.. #20 has been sick all week, strep throat... hoping he and some of the other Indians get well soon.

I expect that Bearden will have a huge crowd for this Region 1 5A Opener?

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!