Soddy-Daisy/ William Blount

The loss of Baskin will hurt us, but, it won't be enough to make any difference at all in this game.

WB's defense is VERY strong this year, and Soddy's offense, be it young or not, is not going to put up much of a fight.

The offense is getting things worked out, and Soddy should be another good warm-up for us. We'll score a pretty fair amount, and with our defense, this one won't be very close.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baskins may not miss this game b/c of the appeal. But i dont think that we should take this game lightly. I mean SC took us lightly and looked what happened to them. Im not sayin that that is how we will end up im just sayin if we think that we will walk all over them then it would be a close game. But if we come out like we did in the SC game then we will have another shutout. But we will just have to wait until friday.

WB doesn't need to underestimate Soddy. I do believe WB can handle them, but it will be a game, especially until we get our offense sorted out. Defense is killer, and I would put our kicking game up against anyone. The strong defense and excellent punt/kick-off game will keep Soddy on the ropes.

The secondary might be a little suspect, as it seemed that Sevier Co. could have passed more but for some strange reason didn't.

I'm not sure what Mo Baskin did to get ejected, and his loss for the Soddy game will hurt, but we've got some other players who should help make up the difference. Don't get me wrong, Mo is good, but it shouldn't be a game-breaker if the appeal is denied (which it almost certainly will).

I'm hoping for a good steady game where we can get our offense on track. That is our Achilles heel.

On the bright side ... WB has the week after Soddy to prepare for a gut-wrenching road trip at 3 of the toughest "away" schools on the schedule ... Ooltewah, Maryville, and Farragut.

tservies you are exactly right. WB has no room to overlook anybody as they found out this past Saturday. Very talented group but a lot of youth. They must remain focused on the task at hand, and right now that task is Soddy Daisy.

The ejection, according to the head referee at Clarksville NW was for throwing a punch. On the film you can see no punch being thrown and 2 officials standing right on top of the unpiling players. The player was on the bottom of the pile after having been gang tackled by several NW players. An official some 25 yards from the pile threw the flag as they unstacked the pile.

On the film in all fairness there is a period of some 4 or 5 seconds where you lose sight of the player. The next time you see him he is still on the sitting on the ground with his left arm behind him trying to get up. Difficult to see how a punch is thrown from that position. Nevertheless, it is very doubtful the appeal will be upheld because of the 4 to 5 seconds where you loss sight of the player.

This is a great kid and it is an unfortunate situation, but sometimes life is not fair and you have to pick yourself up, learn lessons, and move on.

WB should be fine Friday night. Inconsistant QB play worries me some.