Dresden @ Humboldt

Digger 85

Im not saying there are no players who ever came through milan that exibited poor sportsmanship. Im just saying that overall milan is a very well respected program and MOST of the players play with class. I'd say that if one occasion of a player from milan talking trash publicly is all you can think of, that aint bad. One thing about it though, what trash milan does talk, they back up.

Most of the time, that night I refered to was a HUmboldt win.

Milan vs. Humboldt is week 6 and already garnering alot of attention. This rivalry has always been heated going all the way back to the Poteete vs. Tucker era. One thing that we can learn from history is that you can display class like these two coaches did and still do. On the field they were true opponents, off the field they were friends. I remember when The Milan Quarterback Club was raising money for the field house addition and Coach Poteete was the headliner at the "John Tucker Roast." The two gentlemen remain friends today and keep the game in perspective.

With the level of talent on these two teams, it seems that each is loaded and focused on making it to the playoffs. Let's take it one game at a time and see how it all plays out. As strong as Region 7-2A is, probably the strongest 2A in the state, each game is vitally important to where you end up in the playoffs. Conceivably, a team could wind up with 2 region losses and be home during the playoffs.

I know that Coach Morris and Coach Bland will keep each team focused on each game and be ready come week 6.

One interesting note is that when Coach Bland took over for Coach Tucker at Milan he hired a young assistant from Henry Co. by the name of Coach Jeff Morris.

GO DAWGS!

Milan - 49 USa

Well said !!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im goin 2 go with humboldt..matt hewett is out for the rest of the season with a torn acl..Humboldt wins 28-6

That's top-notch reporting Colt. Much as your response to a big game against Ohio State, you are a little overwhelmed by this post. Hewett is out for the season, but he plays for Dresden. Humboldt plays Peabody. I know the name of the post confused you though.