Dresden @ Humboldt

Digger 85

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Humboldt that good?

come on out and see yourself friday...at trenton...or ya can wait for a really good game at humboldt against milan in week 6...and to go along with the lexington thing above...we took out our starters at the end of the 3rd quarter...so the score would've been a whole lot higher and lexington would've never scored

Edited by frankieD12

come on out and see yourself friday...at trenton...or ya can wait for a really good game at humboldt against milan in week 6...and to go along with the lexington thing above...we took out our starters at the end of the 3rd quarter...so the score would've been a whole lot higher and lexington would've never scored

Thought about it but I kinda want to see USJ's first trip to Johnnie Hale.

Did you say Huntingdon and Milan will beat the Humboldt Vikings ARE YOU CRAZY did you just see Humboldt against Lexington, now how many other teams do you know can just shut them down nobody. I think it's time to let Tradition go Huntingdon and Milan. YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

You're that confident you'll beat both Milan and Huntingdon.

Did you say Huntingdon and Milan will beat the Humboldt Vikings ARE YOU CRAZY did you just see Humboldt against Lexington, now how many other teams do you know can just shut them down nobody. I think it's time to let Tradition go Huntingdon and Milan. YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I think you might be getting just a little ahead of yourself. I'll give you props yall played well against Lexington, but lets be realistic, if beating one decent team is all you have to brag about i'd wait till after week six to start my braging about the milan game. Milan started subing second string in during the first half last week against a team that went to murfreesburo last year. We were up by 4 tds before the second quarter. And no i wont give up a chance to watch milan crush USJ at Jonnie Hale friday in order to watch yall play trenton. our JV team could beat them so try not to get too excited if yall get lucky and win.

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

I think you might be getting just a little ahead of yourself. I'll give you props yall played well against Lexington, but lets be realistic, if beating one decent team is all you have to brag about i'd wait till after week six to start my braging about the milan game. Milan started subing second string in during the first half last week against a team that went to murfreesburo last year. We were up by 4 tds before the second quarter. And no i wont give up a chance to watch milan crush USJ at Jonnie Hale friday in order to watch yall play trenton. our JV team could beat them so try not to get too excited if yall get lucky and win.

...why are you trying to down humboldt? lexington went 10-0 last season and made it to the 3rd round in the playoffs...also we were up by 4 TD at half (missed 2 XP)...and WHO have yall played this year! wow...yall got blown out by crockett co. in yall's opener...we scrimmaged them before the season and we tied with them 2-2 on 5 series before the JV came in...then yall played GC and Union City who is a 1A team who also got killed earlier in the season by westview...and you said that we would get lucky to win? im just trying to prove to you that you haven't played any better teams than we have and the teams that we are playing this week (USJ and Trenton) are equal in everything except for one team throws a lot and the other runs...that's it...so there's no comparison right now

Edited by frankieD12

...why are you trying to down humboldt? lexington went 10-0 last season and made it to the 3rd round in the playoffs...also we were up by 4 TD at half (missed 2 XP)...and WHO have yall played this year! wow...yall got blown out by crockett co. in yall's opener...we scrimmaged them before the season and we tied with them 2-2 on 5 series before the JV came in...then yall played GC and Union City who is a 1A team who also got killed earlier in the season by westview...and after watching the a lil bit of USJ today i can see yall having a "nail biter" against them...so that will prolly be a better game to watch since it will be so close...im just priving to you that you haven't played any better teams than we have and the teams that we are playing this week (USJ and Trenton) are equal in everything except for one team throws a lot and the other runs...that's it...so there's no comparison right now

Im not nessicarly trying to put down humbolt. If i was it would be simply because i've played games against them personally, and they displayed the worst sportsmanship i've ever witnessed. Not major, penalty drawing stuff, just dirty play and a lot of trash talking. I do, however, give credit where credit is due. Yall have a good team this year and Donald is the real deal. I don't know if he runs better than C. Donald but its close. Yall played great against lexington and true they did have an undefeated regular season last year. I think it was their first one ever. To say "are you crazy?" however, over a comment about Milan and Huntington beating Humbolt in the region, might be just a little bit of an over exaggeration, we'll find out week six though. as for this week...

Humbolt by at least 3 tds.

as for week six, lets get thru four and five first. Yall play safe, and try to keep it clean.

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

Im not nessicarly trying to put down humbolt. If i was it would be simply because i've played games against them personally, and they displayed the worst sportsmanship i've ever witnessed. Not major, penalty drawing stuff, just dirty play and a lot of trash talking. I do, however, give credit where credit is due. Yall have a good team this year and Donald is the real deal. I don't know if he runs better than C. Donald but its close. Yall played great against lexington and true they did have an undefeated regular season last year. I think it was their first one ever. To say "are you crazy?" however, over a comment about Milan and Huntington beating Humbolt in the region, might be just a little bit of an over exaggeration, we'll find out week six though. as for this week...

as for week six, lets get thru four and five first. Yall play safe, and try to keep it clean.

lol...i really wasn't trying to say that it was going to be a breeze of getting through milan and huntingdon because both are great teams...just that it won't be a blowout by either team...and for yall against USJ is the same..Milan by at least 3 TD after the JV team comes in

MIlan is no stranger to trash talk and bad sportmanship, I remember a #1 from MIlan a few years back taunting Viking fans before the game .

Im not saying there are no players who ever came through milan that exibited poor sportsmanship. Im just saying that overall milan is a very well respected program and MOST of the players play with class. I'd say that if one occasion of a player from milan talking trash publicly is all you can think of, that aint bad. One thing about it though, what trash milan does talk, they back up.

Milan vs. Humboldt is week 6 and already garnering alot of attention. This rivalry has always been heated going all the way back to the Poteete vs. Tucker era. One thing that we can learn from history is that you can display class like these two coaches did and still do. On the field they were true opponents, off the field they were friends. I remember when The Milan Quarterback Club was raising money for the field house addition and Coach Poteete was the headliner at the "John Tucker Roast." The two gentlemen remain friends today and keep the game in perspective.

With the level of talent on these two teams, it seems that each is loaded and focused on making it to the playoffs. Let's take it one game at a time and see how it all plays out. As strong as Region 7-2A is, probably the strongest 2A in the state, each game is vitally important to where you end up in the playoffs. Conceivably, a team could wind up with 2 region losses and be home during the playoffs.

I know that Coach Morris and Coach Bland will keep each team focused on each game and be ready come week 6.

One interesting note is that when Coach Bland took over for Coach Tucker at Milan he hired a young assistant from Henry Co. by the name of Coach Jeff Morris.

GO DAWGS!

Milan - 49 USJ - 7