CARTER VS CLAIBORNE CO.

qbsdad

WELL QBS DAD IS BACK SORRY FOR MY ABSENCE MY COMPUTER DIED.THE BIG GREEN IS 1-0 AFTER A LACKLUSTER OUTING AGAINST SOUTH-DOYLE.SO HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS ON 1ST REGION GAME AGAINST CLAIBORNE.CARTER BETTER TAKE CARE OF THE OFFENSE IN A HURRY.OUR PROBLEMS ON OFFENSE FRIDAY NITE SHOULD NOT HAVE COME AS A SURPRISE. CARTER PLAYED JUST AS THEY HAVE PRACTICED SINCE THE BEGINING OF PASSING LEAGUE IN JULY.THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL IS RIDICULOUS.THE DETAIL I SPEAK OF ARE THINGS AS SMALL AS GETTING IN THE HUDDLE (WHICH WE DONT DO)CARRYING OUT PLAY FAKES WHICH NEED TO BE DONE IF WE'RE TRYING TO RUN MISDIRECTION AND THE OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY IS HORRIBLE. MAYBE COACH GRANDSTAFF NEEDS TO REJOIN THIS GROUP.WHILE THIS TEAM DID LOSE A LOT TO GRADUATION THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TALENT HERE TO WIN REGION 1-3A IN 2006.SO THE BIG GREEN NEEDS TO MAKE SOME QUICK IMPROVEMENTS ON THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL AND MY OPINION IS TAKE CARE OF THE SMALL THINGS AND THE BIG THINGS WILL FOLLOW WE WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY THE WAY WE PRACTICE SO ITS SIMPLE PRACTICE BETTER.OH MY PICK FOR FRIDAY NITE IF CARTER STARTS TENDING TO DETAIL

CARTER 22

CLAIBORNE 7

IF NOT

CARTER 2

CLAIBORNE 0

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter 34

Claiborne 34

Claiborne's offense is clicking pretty good. A devoted running attack last week has hid the passing game which may be unveiled this week at the "Dog Pound".

Given Thomas Walker is a small team, the linebackers and secondary played fairly well and may give the 4A, oops 3A Hornets a run for their money.

qbs dad, that shot at the o line is unfair. Rudd and Bozeman were studs and, imo, mvps of the game. Going in, everybody had to know replacing the big uglies they lost last year would be the biggest challenge this year. All the skill positions are manned by guys plenty capable of replacing last year's losses. Give em credit for trying a lot of combinations and I bet there are some younger guys who get a shot this week. That group will have to improve for the season to be successful but let's wait more than one game to take shots like yours. In the meantime, go ahead and work on getting Grandstaff back; best idea I've heard in a long time.

qbs dad, that shot at the o line is unfair. Rudd and Bozeman were studs and, imo, mvps of the game. Going in, everybody had to know replacing the big uglies they lost last year would be the biggest challenge this year. All the skill positions are manned by guys plenty capable of replacing last year's losses. Give em credit for trying a lot of combinations and I bet there are some younger guys who get a shot this week. That group will have to improve for the season to be successful but let's wait more than one game to take shots like yours. In the meantime, go ahead and work on getting Grandstaff back; best idea I've heard in a long time.

Hmmmmm....thought a 14-0 win for the opener against a 4-A team was kind of impressive. Claiborne County beat up on an inferior team (48-0) and Carter took on a larger school. Anyway, unless I'm mistaken, none of that matters, because they start a brand new game each Friday. From what I read, Claiborne is better and it sounds as if Carter is worse. Is the line at Carter in such a bad way and are there really that many problems? Still think this one falls to Carter. Saw them last year against Seymour and was impressed. Just dont believe it can change that much in a year. Wasnt planning to see Carter this early...are they playing at home??

overall team speed is no match, but CC has plenty of experienced players back. CC has the big three back. Should be a good game. The previous weeks matchup experience should tell if either team can make adjustments. This game could be the back breaker for the region championship. Although it is early in the season, it could haunt one of these two teams for playoff positioning.

Carter by 7.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

Sir,

Not a hater. just stating the truth. How many 4A titles did Carter have prior to coming to 3A. How many kids does Carter have now compared to the annoucement of the new Hardin Valley mega school (aka pre 3A)? I have not ill will toward Carter, the coaches, players and most of the fans, but it is strange how they have this new found success after moving to 3A compared to 4A. I would much rather play the teams in 3A as playing the teams in 4A. and how long will it be before they move back to 4A?

So please a retraction would be nice because I am not a Hater.

Carter may win the game Friday night, but the my hope is that they will go away from it with respect for others who were here before them.

Regards....

What does Hardin Valley have to do with the price of tea in China????

Hardin Valley is 40 miles away in West Knoxville?

Carter's Enrollment has been between 850-960 for about 12 years now. Prior to playing in the 3A Carter (from 1999-2000)was in 3A (Region 2-3A and made the playoffs both years).

t is strange how they have this new found success after moving to 3A compared to 4A. I would much rather play the teams in 3A as playing the teams in 4A. and how long will it be before they move back to 4A?

Moved into a new classification by the governing body and you want to point your finger and whine...therefore you are a HATER.

Again I am not a Hater.... I am explaining what was told to me by TSSAA, KC BOE and KNS sources. I have nothing against the Hornets but am slowly gaining one.

It was a point that I was making that Carter's enrollment has suddenly fluctuated since redistricting began. What Region do they play in basketball. Listen yo can call me a hater all you want matter of fact you can tell me Friday night (I will be the one in a Adidas Bulldog Coaches shirt) I have worked in your community, even preached in your community so I do have friends and they have expressed similar concerns.

Carter may win and probably will tomorrow night. But I hope that on that long ride back to Straw Plains, they know they have played a game. Claiborne may not be Maryville, A-E or Fulton, but they play.

And personal attacks are not my forte` I have not made a single personal attacked, called anyone a title or name, I have much more respect for the game for that. So again I ask you retract your statement. Or you may say it to me personally tomorrow night.

"Why cant we be friends..." :thumb:

We can't be friends because you come into this thread and take your shots and then pull out the "I didn't do anything" whine.

What do you mean you're just stating the truth? The truth is Carter was assigned to 1-3A by the TSSAA based on its enrollment just like every other school in the state and is still just an average size 3A school..

Who wouldn't rather play 3A than 4A schools? Who gets the choice? Doesn't every school play at least all of its region games (the majority of its schedule) against schools in the same classification as they are?

What did any of your "sources" at TSSAA, KC BOE, or KNS tell you that requires an explanation? And, by the way, you didn't explain anything. Carter plays football, basketball and every other sport in the region to which they are assigned - again, who doesn't???

What concerns have your friends around Carter expressed relative to this?

No, you didn't call anybody names or make personal attacks. You insulted the entire Carter community by implying that something is going on that requires an explanation and is a cause for concern and that Carter doesn't respect its opponents I'm not real up to speed on the kid's jargon but sounds like a HATER to me.

Carter's not Maryville pr A-E or Fulton either but they play too - in the region they were assigned to.