CARTER VS CLAIBORNE CO.

qbsdad

Even when Carter was in 4A they played in AA in basketball, so that should be evidence enough that the enrollment has been near the 3A-4A cutoff for a while and we've been in AA in basketball since 1995.

I have worked in your community, even preached in your community

Where was Claiborne County when Carter played in Region 2-3A????

Again keep on being a Hater. Seems to me like the move to Tazewell was one of necessity.

Edited by splainshornets

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lived here forever. Claiborne was in District 2-AA for years til redistricting.

And as I said I will be there tonight, come tell me to my face please. As I said aint no HATER.

Its only a game and this is an open forum, if you mind is so simple that the best you can come up with is "hater" then so be it. I haven't throw any insults to you yet.

Maybe I didn't preach hard enough to you LOL. See you tonight drive slow I might meet you as you travel on the highways. Speed limit 45 in town

Come on RB, tell us what your sources told you that needs explaining and tell us what your friends are concerned about.

By the way, you don't sound like any preacher I've ever heard. Most preachers don't call folks simple minded and talk about the insults they haven't thrown YET (your words). And what does "drive slow I might meet you as you travel" mean? Guess it's just standard fare at the First Church of Hate.

You are right about one thing. It is just a game played by kids. QBs dad started a thread to discuss the game and it was just a friendly discussion so why did you start with the cheap shots?

I was told the following...

A few kids had left Rutledge to attend Carter (per local school official and central office adminstrator)

Kids had also left Jeff Co to attend Carter (Per graduated football player and current).

A close friend of mine (that works in the media in Knox County in print, television and radio) told me that kids in Knox County had been shifted westward to swell numbers at the west Knox HS's to give justification to building the one at Hardin Valley.

As for being a hater, I dont see any words that would show that. I went to the Carter FB website and seen a dramatic increase in the records over the past 10 years. Now I work in the Hawkins County area and know coach Woods does an outstanding job, but that type of dramatic turnaround in the least suspcious.

Carter was also in the old District AAA, which is different that the Georgia style 3A that the ever so full of wisdom TSSAA has.

I dont appreciate being called a HATER, if what I said is full of hate, then I am sorry. I look at the clues and came up with my opinion. Thats all.

This all started when I put a joke line in and anuther poster got mad. Go back and see. His response was Hater. As for the meet you on the road, it is a saturation weekend and all LE is out tonight, plus local fair going on, plus 1st of the month. I was meaning that carter folks may want to drive slow there is a new sheriff in town and tickets will be the norm tonight. As for the pokes at my religion well that was uncalled for and if you like we can discuss that further in another forum.

Bottom line...

splainshornets... the 4A oops 3A was a joke lighten up OK

red neckerson... I didn't question your religion please don't question mine.

And I have made no personal attacks, called no names, or challenged anyones religion. So get off my back I have opinions just like you do and I can express them and have express them with out making it personal.

If you wantto carry this further thats fine

I have no dog in this fight, but I had the same question years ago. Here is what I found out about the situation instead of badgering a community.

Prior to Carter Playing in 3A, the TSSAA cutoff was 961. Carter just so happen to have 961 at that time. It was the smallest 4A school in TN. It's roll changed when several students zoned for Carter High School decided to go to AE instead (AE just won the 3A championship). With the success of AE and Fulton many players and regular students leave Carter Middle school to attend Fulton High or AE High. The teams you should really be worried about are Seymour, Fulton, AC, Gibbs, and several others. Carter only has about 90 more kids. While Carter was playing teams that had 300-500 more kids in 4A, Claiborne Co. has just had the luxury to play teams in more of its population. Carter finally gets to. The shifting of students may happen in West Knoxville, but in East Knox County there are no kids to shift. In the early 90's Carter did go through a rough time when they closed Holston High School. They also zoned several inner-city areas and sent them 12 miles into the rural setting of Carter. That is what put them into the 4A classification. Carter has the biggest School zone in Knox County, but the least populated. I'm not sure that this is an argument that most understand. I had the same thoughts as you RB@FBC, but after doing some simple research and visiting the school and some games I found out the make-up and history.

You did come across as putting the Carter Community and team down, and I to would have had the same response to you had I not made a point to look into it a little deeper, before I made the comments you did.

In response to it coming from a Claiborne Co. faithful, Coach Liles was at Lenior City during the boom when it was actually a 4A school supplying the state with two seperate population status forms to keep it in 3A, just as AC did and still does. Lenior City and AC turn in the school as two seperated Schools one academic and one Vocational. They both share the same principal, and staff, but turn it in as different schools. Which puts them in the lower classification in sports. Until recently the academic school moved ahead of what the cutoff is for 4A.

Once again I have no dog in this fight, but wanted you to know what the research shows, and what I have found out after thinking how you do.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

RB, thanks for sharing the info.

I never questioned your religion. YOU brought it into the discussion and all I did was note the disconnect between what you would expect to hear from a preacher and what you were saying. Again, you bought it into the discussion, not me.

Your first two sources are simply wrong. There are no contributing transfers on Carter's roster and I don't know of any from last year or this year that even play. As for shifting kids westward, that hasn't impacted Carter as they can't shift kids from the far east end. If that's happening, it's miles and miles from Carter. Carter's attendance has grown and they're still 3A size. In fact, Carter has lost several good athletes that have been recruited to schools like to Catholic and Webb.

There's no doubt that Carter has benefited greatly from realignment but what's that got to do with this topic? Like every other school, they play in the region they were assigned to against other similarly sized schools, like Claiborne County. There's not a lot suspect about a team shifting from THE most competetive region in 3A where they were competetive to one of the weaker regions and winning regularly.

Again, I didn't poke at your religion and your "joke" just wasn't funny. Carter's guys work hard and deserve every win they get.

As for how long this goes on, that's up to you. I appreciate you sharing info and acknowledging that you were trying to make a joke. However, you can either accept the fact that your joke didn't go over or you can keep trying to defend it - your choice.

I was at the game last nite. From what I seen, the depth of Carter was the difference maker. Their sideline was filled with HS size players a big offset from the smaller Claiborne sideline.

Both defenses played well, carter was helped by way to many dropped passes by Claiborne.

Claibornes QB was everywhere and Carters RB was the same. From looking at the record and score from last year I would have to say that it may have been a moral victory for Claiborne. Carter looked good but not as good as I was expecting.

Now from reading the previous messages in this thread, I guess I will be called a hater LOL oh well I have been called worse. Aint you Leonard?