Sunbright vs Greenback

knight2

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this was the first greenback game that I was able to attend in quite some time. I missed all of last year due to work. I finally got my schedule the way I want it. The night did not go the way that I expected it. All I have to say is that Greenback is having a rebuilding year right now, and we should see a lot of improvement here toward the end of the season. By next year they should be close to running on all cylinders again. They have a ton of potential, especially on the line. They have got 10 times the size that we had back in my day (2001-2002). They are really lacking in the speed department. The team has only got a handful of seniors, and with that kind of inexperience all the way around then when thay play teams like loudon and pitt. Then they just didn't have a prayer. For any players from greenback who read this I would like to add this; The season is not over yet, you guys lost 3 there are 7 more games in the regular season. That is plenty of time to make a try for the playoffs. From the way it sounded tonight midway might be down. Coalfield and oneida are probably both pretty solid, as well as Harriman. That doesn't mean that they can't be beat. The team that makes the least mistakes in a game is usually the team that is going to come out on top. So you guys should try to work on playing flawless football. Fumbles, interceptions, missed blocking assignments, arm tackling, and poor coverage in the deffensive back field can be fixed with practice and hard work. When you guys get out of school you should have only one thing on your mind, and that is preparing your body and mind for friday night. If you go out their and slack you are letting your coaches, your teammates, your community, and yourself down. In greenback we take football very seriously, and I'm ready to see greenback the way I left it. I know you can do it guys. I believe in you, your coaches belive in you, and so does the community. All you guys have to do is get it together, play like cherokees, and rock some heads! Go Cherokees.

-Pride-

Well, this was the first greenback game that I was able to attend in quite some time. I missed all of last year due to work. I finally got my schedule the way I want it. The night did not go the way that I expected it. All I have to say is that Greenback is having a rebuilding year right now, and we should see a lot of improvement here toward the end of the season. By next year they should be close to running on all cylinders again. They have a ton of potential, especially on the line. They have got 10 times the size that we had back in my day (2001-2002). They are really lacking in the speed department. The team has only got a handful of seniors, and with that kind of inexperience all the way around then when thay play teams like loudon and pitt. Then they just didn't have a prayer. For any players from greenback who read this I would like to add this; The season is not over yet, you guys lost 3 there are 7 more games in the regular season. That is plenty of time to make a try for the playoffs. From the way it sounded tonight midway might be down. Coalfield and oneida are probably both pretty solid, as well as Harriman. That doesn't mean that they can't be beat. The team that makes the least mistakes in a game is usually the team that is going to come out on top. So you guys should try to work on playing flawless football. Fumbles, interceptions, missed blocking assignments, arm tackling, and poor coverage in the deffensive back field can be fixed with practice and hard work. When you guys get out of school you should have only one thing on your mind, and that is preparing your body and mind for friday night. If you go out their and slack you are letting your coaches, your teammates, your community, and yourself down. In greenback we take football very seriously, and I'm ready to see greenback the way I left it. I know you can do it guys. I believe in you, your coaches belive in you, and so does the community. All you guys have to do is get it together, play like cherokees, and rock some heads! Go Cherokees.

-Pride-

These things come in cycles. Greenback seems to be a team made up almost entirely of freshmen and sophmores. Throw in the coaching changes in the last 2 years and some growing pains seem inevitable. I look for this team to begin to gel the next couple of games, if they can't make a run at the 1A playoffs then look for them to be spoilers. Some of their foes will look at the early season record and dismiss the Cherokees. When that happens they will be smacked down hard with GB venting the last few weeks frustration on them.

:thumb: One guy was not going to win the game for sunbright. Sunbright tried to get thompson the ball all night but when a kid has like 7 pass deflections its hard. it wasnt just because thompson was "sick". But this week Sunbright bounces back from the opening lose to take this one from greenback.(big game for Thompson)

You are right there, one guy will not win the game. But I can guarantee you that if he wasn't sick it would have been a totally different game as he is a huge part of Sunbright's offense as was displayed last night. When you have two relatively closely matched teams like it was in the WHH game, then it will most likely make the difference in win or lose.

A big difference in the Tigers of last year and the Tigers of this year was clear to me last night, now they are playing with confidence and heart. They are hitting harder and tackling a lot better too. The offensive line is improving with each game. They have the next three games to work out a few more kinks and then the real tests begin. I really feel they have the potential to step it up and challenge for the region championship. I also think that as other teams start to key in on Brandon, there will be other players step it up and become effective weapons, if not then a championship just may elude them.