Pigeon Forge vs. Rutledge

beefinthebox

Give PS a chance. He has been in the business as long as the football team. Both are new and learning. The football team is taking small steps trying to grow. It will take a while for them to be consistent. They are learning, but it takes time.

I know that you are a Gat-Pitt football fan. Coach Hammonds is a great coach and has a very well established program. He is a class act. I hope his team does well this year. He is deserving. I also hope that everyone remembers that PFHS is very young and consistency takes time.

Not to kick a dead horse while it's down, but you can't use the "young" excuse for ever. Example, their baseball team has played for the state title the last two years, the basketball team is always a region threat, and the girl's basketball team is good year in and year out. PF has a lot of seniors and this will be their last chance to leave their mark of Tiger Football. They have played HS football as long as any one else they play, like I said before...it's gut check time, not time to make excuses!!! B)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to kick a dead horse while it's down, but you can't use the "young" excuse for ever. Example, their baseball team has played for the state title the last two years, the basketball team is always a region threat, and the girl's basketball team is good year in and year out. PF has a lot of seniors and this will be their last chance to leave their mark of Tiger Football. They have played HS football as long as any one else they play, like I said before...it's gut check time, not time to make excuses!!! B)

I am not trying to make excuses about the team or their performance. I agree that it is gut check time for the team. I am saying that the school is young and the coach is new, etc. I don't see that the negative comments being made about PFHS as being constructive or helpful. It was just another opportunity to slash the program. Your comments, I don't believe were to cause damage.

I would not argue this with you, but I think that there is a difference in mens and womens bball and mens baseball in comparison to football. Much fewer players, logistics, money, etc. is required to make these sports successful than football. It is much easier to come up with eight athletes with the right frame of mind for bball, or 12 or 14 for mens baseball, than it is for 28 to 30 for football. Anytime that you are dealing with more people it is much harder to get everybody on the same page. The memories of the junk that I heard went on with the football team the past couple of seasons is still lingering this year.

Your right, PFHS has a group of senoirs that need to get it going. Forget the past and move on, but when dealing with kids most of the time it is easier said than done.

The knock on the Principal and saying that PFHS is a joke is not needed because it is untrue.

Not to kick a dead horse while it's down, but you can't use the "young" excuse for ever. Example, their baseball team has played for the state title the last two years, the basketball team is always a region threat, and the girl's basketball team is good year in and year out. PF has a lot of seniors and this will be their last chance to leave their mark of Tiger Football. They have played HS football as long as any one else they play, like I said before...it's gut check time, not time to make excuses!!! :thumb:

One of the more logical posts I've ever read! Beef, you're dead on brother. If you don't mind me using your take to add a lil somethin, Explain how can PF be so"Young" and have had so many coaching changes allready? Obviously the head guy isn't fooled by that excuse. He thinks PF should make it what, three games deep, or heck why not all the way to the "boro"! :P Was the former coach a football genius? Maybe not, but I guarantee you in a school with more support from the principal and community, his record would have looked much better. This young team you're talkin about, they went to the playoffs every year under him. Maybe "Coach" PS needs to stop listening so much to the voice of certain parents, and look at some facts. When coaches aren't allowed to actually coach, i.e. raise their voice, say the slightest of harsh words, or express disappointment in poor effort, it's hard to develop the talent you are working with. Anywhere in East TN where you find a solid team year in and year out, you'll find an administration that keeps their two cents worth out of the locker room, and lets the coaches COACH! I hope Pigeon Forge can be one of the top teams in the region. Carter, Claiborne Co., Seymour, those teams won't leave any room for error. PF needs to get on it quick if they hope to hang in there. I know this post sounds critical, but I'm truly pullin for the Tigers, just call it tough love.

Edited by eagle3314

One of the more logical posts I've ever read! Beef, you're dead on brother. If you don't mind me using your take to add a lil somethin, Explain how can PF be so"Young" and have had so many coaching changes allready? Obviously the head guy isn't fooled by that excuse. He thinks PF should make it what, three games deep, or heck why not all the way to the "boro"! :thumb: Was the former coach a football genius? Maybe not, but I guarantee you in a school with more support from the principal and community, his record would have looked much better. This young team you're talkin about, they went to the playoffs every year under him. Maybe "Coach" PS needs to stop listening so much to the voice of certain parents, and look at some facts. When coaches aren't allowed to actually coach, i.e. raise their voice, say the slightest of harsh words, or express disappointment in poor effort, it's hard to develop the talent you are working with. Anywhere in East TN where you find a solid team year in and year out, you'll find an administration that keeps their two cents worth out of the locker room, and lets the coaches COACH! I hope Pigeon Forge can be one of the top teams in the region. Carter, Claiborne Co., Seymour, those teams won't leave any room for error. PF needs to get on it quick if they hope to hang in there. I know this post sounds critical, but I'm truly pullin for the Tigers, just call it tough love.

You and bro beef and are right off. Your post is critical of PFHS. You are bringing up the past again like others who want to see the program fail because of connections or ties to the former head coach who was let go. Let the past die. Let it go for the sake of the football team and most importantly the kids who play. By the way, I have heard plenty of things about the former coach that supports every reason known to let him go. By what you are stating, I am sure that you heard of every reason that there is to keep him, but you and me don't make the decisions. Leave that to the adm and forget it. It is in the past.

If you support PFHS football then say something positive about the here and now.

By the way, I would say that you and beef are Cosby fans. Glad you guys are 2-0. Tough game coming up Friday. It would be great to see the new and improved Cosby team at 3-0.

You and bro beef and are right off. Your post is critical of PFHS. You are bringing up the past again like others who want to see the program fail because of connections or ties to the former head coach who was let go. Let the past die. Let it go for the sake of the football team and most importantly the kids who play. By the way, I have heard plenty of things about the former coach that supports every reason known to let him go. By what you are stating, I am sure that you heard of every reason that there is to keep him, but you and me don't make the decisions. Leave that to the adm and forget it. It is in the past.

If you support PFHS football then say something positive about the here and now.

By the way, I would say that you and beef are Cosby fans. Glad you guys are 2-0. Tough game coming up Friday. It would be great to see the new and improved Cosby team at 3-0.

I would have to say I'm a Tiger Fan with certain interest in Cosby. I hate if I come across negative, BUT I just don't think the effort has been there. I believe these kids have the talent to compete with any team they step onto the field with. I sometimes wonder if THEY believe that. Now I know a few at least do, but as you said earlier it takes 28-30 kids to make a good football TEAM. I've seen many times when PF has gotten down and thought, "This is when pride takes over"...but it didn't...they just stay down. Don't tell 'em they're a young program, don't tell 'em it takes time, tell 'em to get their butts in gear. Tell 'em when they get down, hit the other team in the mouth and fight back...DON'T QUIT!!! And when someone like me questions their heart and pride it's just to light a fire under their rear-ends that I've only seen once...GP last year. I'll drive to Rutledge and hopefully see the Tigers compete, show pride, and refuse to quit!!! :thumb:

Edited by beefinthebox

Orangepigskin,

Sincerely, Thank You for your comments on Cosby. You are wrong however on thinking I have connections or ties to the former HC that was let go. I have stated several times that I've heard great things about the new one and I wish PF all the best. This is a forum, people do bring up past topics especially when it has some bearing on how a program might do. If you will look at all of my post you will see I have never said anything that could be construed as wanting PF to fail! Look at the forums for week 0 and week 1 on PF. Your out of your mind if you think I want kids like Guidry, Appy, Gibby, Harper, and Twig, (whose big bro still deserves props for decleating the Maryville QB in the jamboree, and the Tellico Plains kid last season :P ) to fail. That is just to name a few and I'm sure I forgot some really great ones because I'm a lil irritated by your post even implying that I could want them to fail. I have very close connections to the OC. He's like a daggum brother to me! Who I think has a brilliant football mind. I feel like if he had been the OC last year things may have been different. I have, do, and will support PF football, and I have said numerous positive things on here, at plenty of times when I didn't see you reading or posting anywhere! If you had any idea how much of my wardrobe is orange and black, how many Saturday mornings I've had a sore throat from SUPPORTING the Tigers, when those boys lost I lost, I don't sleep on thursday nights because I spend it tossin and turnin over the next day's game, my freakin car is orange brother. You don't have to agree with my opinion, and I can be a grown up and respect that, but don't think for one second I want to see PF fail! Your right about me being a Cosby fan. I graduated from there in 97 and have family on the coaching staff, but your dead wrong about that other garbage! If any PF player thought by any of my posts I wanted them to fail, that's the last thing I would have ever wanted. GO TIGERS!!!! :thumb:

Edited by eagle3314

Who is the OC at PF now?

Mitchell Whaley, along with the HC. Mitchell graduated from Sevier Co. in 97. He played for Brewer and staff, so you know he knows his stuff! I think he may hold some county records, but if he airs it out this year like he did against Gibbs last season, Aparicio is liable to take that from him! :D

Edited by eagle3314