Whats part of tennessee has the strongest AAA schools

bigboy 92

ok folks I give credit to all those teams from East Tn that brought home the trophy for the past couple of years, but West TN has the power houses for sure, specifically region 7-3A.

Its simple look at each years list of the top ten for the state, Dyersburg, Covington, and Crockett County, all of these have made the top ten for the past 6 years and they're in the same region, its no wonder by the time that playoffs roll around that these guys are wore out from playin 2 other top ranked teams at least 2 along with the other teams that they have had to play during playoffs.

Now i aint sayin that there arent some good teams that come outa East and Middle, but the way the regions are split up are really mixed up in West at least i dont know how yall feel bout it, but i think its time some re-districiting was done so as some of these better teams can make it to the playoffs, and do away with teams that have 6-4 or 5-5 records from being in the playoffs simply because the rest of the teams in their region stunk, Come ON TSSAA get to work on this already!!!!!!!!

If these "better teams" that you are talking about can't make the playoffs when teams that are 5-5 are, then re-districting isn't going to help. It doesn't matter anyways, whenever they advance far enough to play one of the Knoxville area teams it's over for them.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crockett County is really good this year, who is standing out over that way?

Covington

Dyersburg

Mitchell

Jackson South Side

Fayette Ware

West-TN is pretty loaded in Class 3A as well. Those five teams are just teams located in that part of the state. Lexington is another team and although they are young this year they could simply be reloading for another deep postseason run. That doesn't even include the fact that Lipscomb (midstate team) is in the western part of the playoff bracket.

In the East-TN part of the playoff bracket I must say it's Fulton and Knoxville Catholic. If Austin East is a legit player in this year's race then they're going to have to prove it to me this week when they play Catholic. Fulton really took it to AE last week. In the midstate area on this half of the bracket it's a tossup. Greenbrier and White House have stumbled out of the gates and after an impressive blowout win to start the year Pearl Cohn was blownout last week.

I just think its east too..especially region 2 since they could let anyone almost in there whole region go down to the boro and represent them in the State Championship game and feel good about it because honestly every team in the region competes year in and year out so bring home another gold ball east tn region 2 3a

Its simple look at each years list of the top ten for the state, Dyersburg, Covington, and Crockett County, all of these have made the top ten for the past 6 years and they're in the same region, its no wonder by the time that playoffs roll around that these guys are wore out from playin 2 other top ranked teams at least 2 along with the other teams that they have had to play during playoffs.

That HELPS a team when the playoffs roll around. See Livingston Academy last year, only they played an entire schedule full of tough teams, not just 2 or 3.

Now i aint sayin that there arent some good teams that come outa East and Middle, but the way the regions are split up are really mixed up in West at least i dont know how yall feel bout it, but i think its time some re-districiting was done so as some of these better teams can make it to the playoffs, and do away with teams that have 6-4 or 5-5 records from being in the playoffs simply because the rest of the teams in their region stunk, Come ON TSSAA get to work on this already!!!!!!!!

Livingston Academy's 5-5 record last year could hardly be attributed to the fact that their region "stunk". There were teams left OUT of the playoffs from Region 2-3A that would've went to the 2nd or 3rd round, if not farther, in the playoffs last season.

The East, Region 2 specifically, is just where the best football is played currently in 3A.

That HELPS a team when the playoffs roll around. See Livingston Academy last year, only they played an entire schedule full of tough teams, not just 2 or 3.

Livingston Academy's 5-5 record last year could hardly be attributed to the fact that their region "stunk". There were teams left OUT of the playoffs from Region 2-3A that would've went to the 2nd or 3rd round, if not farther, in the playoffs last season.

The East, Region 2 specifically, is just where the best football is played currently in 3A.

Anderson Co. being the best of any Class 3A team that did not get to the playoffs last year.

If I had to rank the regions from top-to-bottom in the state last year I'd say the following:

1.) Region 2-3A: Fulton, AE, Catholic, & LA swept into rd. 2 & AC was a good team

2.) Region 5-3A (TIE): Lipscomb, Creek Wood, and Cheatham Co. were great.

2.) Region 7-3A (TIE): Dyersburg got shocked and the other 3 were great teams.

4.) Region 4-3A: PC, Greenbrier, and White House were 3 of the midstate's best.

5.) Region 6-3A (TIE): Lexington was a great team and Liberty & JSS were good.

6.) Region 3-3A (TIE): ND was a great team and Polk Co. wasn't too darn shabby.

7.) Region 8-3A: Trezevant and Mitchell were both good and Sheffield was "Cinderella".

8.) Region 1-3A: Carter was good but there were at least five 2-3A teams better.

The thing i say about redistricting is the fact that region 6-3A is sorry the only compation in that regions is Jackson South Side, and honestly the film i saw they looked like a team that would only go about 6-4, yes fayette ware is in that region, but it takes more than one win to actually be considered competition, i think its just stupid for all of the high quality teams to all be in the same region, honestly here is how i see the the regions in the West should be spit up

with more of the talented teams spread out a little bit more, like Covington should join 8-3A and someone like i dont know lets say Liberty join 7-3A, not total redistricting just some minor tweakin that desperatly needs to be taken care of because each year, exept last year when Dyersburg lost to Sheffield i believe, it comes down to two 7-3A teams either Dyersburg, Covington and Crockett facing one another in the playoffs and it just dont seem fair that the other team be forced to play someone who more than likely they've already played at least 2 other times and probably more than that

The thing i say about redistricting is the fact that region 6-3A is sorry the only compation in that regions is Jackson South Side, and honestly the film i saw they looked like a team that would only go about 6-4, yes fayette ware is in that region, but it takes more than one win to actually be considered competition, i think its just stupid for all of the high quality teams to all be in the same region, honestly here is how i see the the regions in the West should be spit up

with more of the talented teams spread out a little bit more, like Covington should join 8-3A and someone like i dont know lets say Liberty join 7-3A, not total redistricting just some minor tweakin that desperatly needs to be taken care of because each year, exept last year when Dyersburg lost to Sheffield i believe, it comes down to two 7-3A teams either Dyersburg, Covington and Crockett facing one another in the playoffs and it just dont seem fair that the other team be forced to play someone who more than likely they've already played at least 2 other times and probably more than that

Dyersburg and Crockett have only been in 7 3a 1 year