Liberty's Schedule

baseballa28

This year Liberty plays the toughest schedule in the state hands down. They play in two of the most competitive tournaments in the nation, the City of Palms Classic in Fort Myers, Florida and the Arby's Classic in Bristol, TN. They also have a game against Alton, Illinois in the Marshall County Hoopfest. They play one other tough out of state team and that would be none other than Oak Hill. Oak Hill and the Crusaders will square off in Brstol, Virginia at Virginia High School on Jan. 26. They also play a very tough in state non-district schedule, they play White Station, Raleigh Egypt, Ridgeway, Mitchell, <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, and Haywood. The Crusaders record will probably not be as good as it was last year but the will definitely be battle tested when Feburary and March roll around.

Edited by baseballa28

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Oak Hill? Is Dexter nuts? I mean Liberty is good but nowhere near that good. Not only is Liberty minus their best player from last year who carried the team when everyone else decided they didn't want to play, they don't have near enough size to match up against Oak Hill. Don't try to tell me that beating Mitchell last year will count as beating a team with size that is elite. True that Mitchell did have elite talent a year ago but would anyone like to tell me how many times Thaddeous Young touched the ball in the last 4 minutes of that game? Oak Hill's coach knows who to get the ball in the hands on when the game is on the line. Oak Hill will also not crack under pressure like Mitchell did. Lucky for Liberty that Michael Beasley isn't around anymore because it would really be ugly. All the same, i hope Liberty does have a good year and can carry on the tradition of very good teams from the western part of Tennessee.

Oak Hill? Is Dexter nuts? I mean Liberty is good but nowhere near that good. Not only is Liberty minus their best player from last year who carried the team when everyone else decided they didn't want to play, they don't have near enough size to match up against Oak Hill. Don't try to tell me that beating Mitchell last year will count as beating a team with size that is elite. True that Mitchell did have elite talent a year ago but would anyone like to tell me how many times Thaddeous Young touched the ball in the last 4 minutes of that game? Oak Hill's coach knows who to get the ball in the hands on when the game is on the line. Oak Hill will also not crack under pressure like Mitchell did. Lucky for Liberty that Michael Beasley isn't around anymore because it would really be ugly. All the same, i hope Liberty does have a good year and can carry on the tradition of very good teams from the western part of Tennessee.

Thad Young touched it every time Mitchell had the ball down the stretch. He was playing point remember????? That's the bonehead decision that cost them the game when the PG fouled out in the second half. TY dominated the game on the block early but when Mitchell put him on the perimeter Liberty just ran 'em to death. If a team is going to beat Liberty they'd better have great post play because there aren't many out there that can run & gun with the Crusaders.

I am going to have to disagree. I think Liberty will stay with Oak Hill. They may not win, but they have real talent and on a good night could beat anyone this year. I say they keep it to 10-15 points with Oak Hill.

I am going to have to disagree. I think Liberty will stay with Oak Hill. They may not win, but they have real talent and on a good night could beat anyone this year. I say they keep it to 10-15 points with Oak Hill.

Let everyone keep thinking that. I like that your defending us but we are used to being doubted. The player that he was referring to was Brandon Evans and Brandon was a very good player but who won the State Tournament MVP? Jewuan Long, he and his supporting cast twin brother Antwan Long, Josh Sain, Anthony Sampson, and Devon Jones will be more than ready to take on anybody and I mean ANYBODY. Liberty probably won't beat Oak Hill but definitely don't count them out just yet. Has anybody ever thought that Coach Williams might be wanting to keep his defending state champion team from getting the big head? Just a thought.

Liberty's schedule in a word....................loaded. :thumb:

http://www.thejacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../609060316/1006

I may drive to Bristol to see that one.

wow i knew oak hill was always a powerhouse and i knew they generally have 6-7 d1 players a year but to have only 3 players over the course of 20 years to not recieve a scholarship at any level is insane