Top Receivers in Chattanooga

oldtimeballer63

The fact that walter dozier and joel bradford have to split catches and still are top 6 in the state proves that they are the best, temple hasnt played anyone, some of the teams they have played havent even won a game.

I don't think anyone is saying that Temple is better than McCallie. The two schools are in a class of their own. But for you to say that Temple has not played anyone is your own opinion. And to say that some of the teams that Temple have played "haven't even won a game" has nothing to do with how talented Skogen is or any other player on Temple for that matter.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i am trying to point out that is if you play a crappy team with a crappy secondary you are gonna get a lot more yards passing then if you play a good team with a good secondary. strength of schedule has a lot to do with stats, you cant just blindly look at stats

I understand what you are saying, but for class 1a Temple is number 7 on the strength of schedule and success. At least give them some credit. We'll find out just how good they are when they play South Pittsburg in a few weeks.

I understand what you are saying, but for class 1a Temple is number 7 on the strength of schedule and success. At least give them some credit. We'll find out just how good they are when they play South Pittsburg in a few weeks.

Not really. South Pittsburgh is a 1A team too.

When looking at talent, you have to consider the level of competition. I know colleges do.

When looking at talent, you have to consider the level of competition. I know colleges do.

Here are the top receivers in the Chattanooga area (by rec. yds) going into games on Sept. 29

1. Seth Skogen (Temple) 41-781 (11 TD)(5 games)(156.2 yds. pg)

2. Walter Dozier (McCallie) 27-545 (6 TD)(5 games)(109 yds. pg)

3. Justin Headden (Boyd-Buchanan) 29-469 (3 TD)(6 games)(78.2 yds. pg)

4. David Strickland (East Ridge) 28-453 (3 TD)(6 games)(75.5 yds. pg)

5. Joel Bradford (McCallie) 24-440 (2 TD)(5 games)(88 yds. pg)

6. Greg Rivers (Hixson) 18-369 (1 TD)(5 games) 73.8 yds. pg)

7. Sam Eberle (Notre Dame) 19-313 (2 TD)(5 games) (62.6 yds. pg)

8. Jeremy Caldwell (Red Bank) 17-298 (4 TD)(5 games)(59.6 yds. pg)

9. Chauncey Thompson (Notre Dame) 15-233 (1 TD) (5 games)(46.6 yds. pg)

10. Dee Newson (Temple) 17-227 (1 TD)(5 games)(45.4 yds. pg)

Source: Chattanooga Times-Free Press

If anyone has updated stats for receivers in Chattanooga area (that I don't have posted) please let me know. Thanks

Colleges look at talent.......When they have a camp (which is a HUGE recruiting tool for them) they are looking at kids talent, skills, intangibles etc...

Just because an athlete goes to school at a small school or a big school, a school with a brick building or a school with a metal building doesn't mean they are or are not talented......now, playing tougher secondaries will change stats but stats are just numbers not necessarily a measure of talent

Colleges look at talent.......When they have a camp (which is a HUGE recruiting tool for them) they are looking at kids talent, skills, intangibles etc...

Just because an athlete goes to school at a small school or a big school, a school with a brick building or a school with a metal building doesn't mean they are or are not talented......now, playing tougher secondaries will change stats but stats are just numbers not necessarily a measure of talent

Well i kinda agree with you but not really on the stat part.... If you are a very good athlete and have to chance to play in college you WILL have good stats at some point in your high school career and thats a fact

Prove me wrong please...... not trying to start another argument here

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the top receivers in the Chattanooga area (by rec. yds. pg) going into games on Oct. 19

1. Seth Skogen (Temple) 64-1280 (19 TD)(8 games) (160 yds. pg)

2. E'Jay Ward (Brainerd) 38-741 (7 TD) (7 games) (105.9 yds. pg)

3. Walter Dozier (McCallie) 36-749 (8 TD)(8 games) (93.6 yds. pg)

4. Justin Headden (Boyd-Buchanan) 42-832 (7 TD)(9 games) (92.4 yds. pg)

5. Joel Bradford (McCallie) 38-719 (2 TD)(8 games) (89.9 yds. pg)

6. Sam Eberle (Notre Dame) 36-692 (5 TD)(8 games) (86.5 yds. pg)

7. Chris Baker (Central) 26-427 (3 TD)(7 games) (61 yds. pg)

8. Ronald Freeman (Central) 26-417 (0 TD)(7 games) (59.6 yds. pg)

9. Will Keebler (David Brainerd) 27-462 (4 TD)(8 games) (57.8 yds. pg)

10. Jeremy Caldwell (Red Bank) 25-427 (7 TD)(8 games) (53.4 yds. pg)

11. Tim Benford (Red Bank) 31-392 (4 TD)(8 games) (49 yds. pg)

12. Greg Rivers (Hixson) 28-368 (2 TD)(8 games) (46 yds. pg)

Source: Chattanooga Times-Free Press

If anyone has updated stats for receivers in Chattanooga area (that I don't have posted) please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by oldtimeballer63