Cyclones Vs Sullivan North

cyclonehorns

Did I just misread that guys post, or was there a typo or something?

mikey- no you didn't miss read my post you just assumed curt was a player. He is a guy that was a great cycle rider in his day, now he has taken elizabethtons best linebacker and made him a cyclist who is the state champ. doing this he lost alot of weight, and it has affected his football abilities.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way the CYCLONES ever turn it around is to start fresh with a new coaching staff. They do not have one good coach on the feild or in the booth and thats not putting down the coaches just some got and some dont. They got some great athletes but they have no serious technique to there game and a QB that cant have time to look past his first read because he is running for his life!!!!

mikey- no you didn't miss read my post you just assumed curt was a player. He is a guy that was a great cycle rider in his day, now he has taken elizabethtons best linebacker and made him a cyclist who is the state champ. doing this he lost alot of weight, and it has affected his football abilities.

Ok, I got it now. I just did not know the younger ones name. I guess my point is still the same though. The cycleing will do more for the kid than football ever will. Elizabethton has never won a state championship in football.

The only way the CYCLONES ever turn it around is to start fresh with a new coaching staff. They do not have one good coach on the feild or in the booth and thats not putting down the coaches just some got and some dont. They got some great athletes but they have no serious technique to there game and a QB that cant have time to look past his first read because he is running for his life!!!!

I have said the same thing for a couple of years and have got blasted on this site. Nothing personnel but facts are facts.

I have been reading your posts for some time now, I have some things to say that I hope will be worth reading. I am not here to point the finger at or give the glory to any of your players. What I am here to do is to hopefully give some insight from an unbiased fan that has no agenda.

I don't have a son or grandson on this team. I am one of those die-hard FIGHTING CYCLONE fans that you can find up in the stands every Friday night. As a matter of fact, my wife and I have been for several decades.

Elizabethton has always been a "football" town. I think that any team who has ever played against Elizabethton would agree. Watching our Cyclone Pride crumble over the past few years has not been easy to swallow.

I guess I should tell you right up front that I am a Coach Rider fan. Who isn't? He led a very CLASSY, WELL-DISCIPLINED and WELL-RESPECTED team for many years. When those boys put their uniform on each Friday night, they were READY to play. As a matter of fact, they weren't the only ones who were ready. As a fan, I can tell you that my family was probably ready by at least Wednesday, and half the town was as well!!!

Any player that played for Coach Rider will tell you that in order to play they had to earn their spot. It didn't matter what your name was, what your daddy donated, or even if you had a daddy, you didn't step foot on that field unless you EARNED it. You also knew that if you were the star athlete on the team, without discipline and respect for your coach AND FELLOW TEAMMATES, you didn't play.

When a player made a great play, whether it was the all-state player or the 2nd or 3rd string player, Rider ran out on the field, meeting them halfway, slapping them on the helmet, jumping up and down, screaming in their face. Someone said we need a motivator. Right there's your motivation.

My wife and I have sat and noticed many times. A player makes a SPECTACULAR play. Only one man comes over to congratulate him. Would you like to make a guess as to who this man is???? The team chaplain.

Our regular schedule used to consist of teams such as DB, Science Hill, Morristown East, Greeneville, Cocke County, and we still made the play-offs. I'm talking about when going to the playoffs meant something. Back when you had to have a winning record to go, and not 4 or 5 teams in each conference went. Coach Rider used hard work and discipline to mold a bunch of average boys into a championship team. And it didn't take much staff to accomplish this, either.

What is the difference now? No discipline and no respect. These players do not have respect for one another. Why? Because their coaches don't demand it. These players do not have respect for their coaches. Why? Because it was never earned.

Several have complained about the fans. "Too much gossiping and worrying about someone's hair." I remember a day when every fan was on their feet, and you could hardly set them down or shut them up. With all we know perhaps watching Cyclone football has become hard to do. But you can bet that these fans are holding on to their tickets, hoping that soon there will be a house-cleaning and a brighter day ahead.

Edited by skysthelimit44

Heck of a first post. I applaud you. Mediocracy is not acceptable. Lack of effort is not acceptable. Mistakes will happen but if the effort is there mistakes can be tolerated and corrected. The players will feed off of thier leadership.............coaches and players alike.

AND yes, the 12th man could help!