Sunbright @ Jellico

ohiostate7

SHS84 Sep 5 2006 - 03:49 PM Post #28

Camper

Group: Guests

Member No.: 99,249

"SUNBRIGHT COACHES, WHATS UP WITH NOT REPORTING TO PREP XTRA THIS YEAR? YOUR TEAM PLAYERS ARE NOT LISTED. SCHOOLS HAVE A BIGGER TURN OUT FOR THE GAMES WHEN PEOPLE READ ABOUT TALENTED PLAYERS LIKE BRANDON THOMPSON. GOOD LUCK IN JELLICO FRIDAY NIGHT "

Not only do people read and turn out for the game, There are alumni, boosters and "recruiters" who are interested in game stats. It would be a shame for these young mens efforts and sacrifices to go unnoticed by persons that could offer them the break they deserve. With the economy of Sunbright, any oppourtunity to get the town and the young people some press, it seems to me that the school could help send the stats in to the prep xtra. Big dissapointment to look in the paper and see no stats for a great "unknown" team.

With some of the senior and junior defensive lineman that you have, you need to promote them like the colleges do for their team players. Its not just the defense but the entire team needs to be recognized. It is an injustice to the team not to send the stats in.

Just my two cents worth

GO Tigers

Edited by CHS 78

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Jellico can't win. They showed on their first drive that they were just as good as Sunbright. Is it heart? Is it confidence? Jellico should be able to compete with almost anybody they play if they would just get the players to do their jobs. Jellico lost this game in the 2nd quarter. Special teams killed them. Jellico snapped a punt snap out the back of the endzone, had a punt blocked, and had a punt returned for a touchdown because of pure laziness. Jellico's passing game worked great when they're quarterback had time to find his receivers but he was sacked close to 10 times and hurried several more. He took so many hits it wasn't even funny.

Some people that was at the game...voice your opinions. Also name the players of the game from each team.

I don't understand why Jellico can't win. They showed on their first drive that they were just as good as Sunbright.

Jellico has heart, and they had confidence, but I have to disagree with you on the above statement. They put one good drive together and Sunbright missed some key matchups in the secondary, but that doesn't mean "they were just as good as Sunbright."

Sunbright is still not playing up to their potential, and they are making some mistakes that are going to have to be corrected before they start playing more region games. The defensive front is quick and they will hit you, as all three opposing QBs have found out so far. Give #12 his just due, he held in even though they had him running for his life all night. A tough kid, no doubt.