The problem with CYCLONE football!

orange and black

Here is the problem I feel with EHS football and that is coaching! Not so much that there terrible but they have no comminication with there players! You have to have your team believe in you before they react to you gameplan. Just dont play a kid because he is a senior,play a kid because he is best at his position and he EARNED his spot. Back when I played you had to make the dress list for friday night. I know times have changed and the number of kids arent the same but still make them fight for there job. Second we are know where near being in shape physically or mentally, Tenn. High has a smaller team than us but look how well conditioned and disciplined they were. One mistake all night on a punt return!!!

Sometimes you need to break your team down and build back what you want it to be ,weed out the weak at heart. Football is a game that hurts in more ways than one and your team must be willing to sacrafice to be champions. But our coaches

arent disciplined thereselves ,not when the head guy doesnt even bother to go watch a team on his day off the week before he plays them.takes no interest in the smaller programs due to thats your future coming up!Look I love the cyclones and will always support them but how far can they fall before they see the light!

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!!!!!

Edited by orange and black

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a team, we are not strong enough and are not playing smart enough to make up for that problem. You have to outsmart the other team. The fix is in front of them. How this season plays out will tell all about the leadership from top to bottom. I really don't want to hear "I don't have the personnel." That is an excuse and I'm not really big on excuses. Try being a bit creative :) which is what I thought the 'spread' was about. Defense is not rocket science and we tend to try to overthink that end of the game.

As a team, we are not strong enough and are not playing smart enough to make up for that problem. You have to outsmart the other team. The fix is in front of them. How this season plays out will tell all about the leadership from top to bottom. I really don't want to hear "I don't have the personnel." That is an excuse and I'm not really big on excuses. Try being a bit creative :thumb: which is what I thought the 'spread' was about. Defense is not rocket science and we tend to try to overthink that end of the game.

CYCLONES are to easy to defend because of no run threat ,if I was playing them all you have to do is run a 5-2-2 with a linebacker stunt every down. that way you with 2 safetys you cant beat me deep and you give up the underneath but you have a 2nd LB looming for the pick! If I know this imagine what every team knows. All in all we are full of talent and excuses for not using it well!

To affect a running game they will have to change some of thier blocking schemes.

They have the personnel in place. Some may be out of position or on the sidelines, but the players are there.

Its not the blocking schemes. It IS the personnel. The linemen have to WANT to block the guy in front of them. And right now I dont believe there is anyone that WANTS to block.

Not enough discipline on this cyclone team, and that starts at the top with the head coach. He did not have it last year; and despite all the off-season talk, by and large, he doesnt have it with this years team. While there may not be a Redd or Witten on this years team, there is still plenty enough talent to at least compete with Tennessee High. Not enough players wanted to compete and it was obvious from the get-go. Pless really wanted the AD job, because perhaps he knew he wasnt going to survive long term as the HFB coach. Dig deep coach. There is still time to turn this thing around. Get players on the field that really want to lay it on the line, irregardless of whether they are the biggest or oldest or whatever. Make heart and 100% effort count for more. Friday night was very painful to watch.

Edited by CycloneSupporter