Huntingdon @ Liberty

GlenChervin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That had to be a great game to watch. The Mustangs are showing a lot of heart to go into Liberty and beat what is really a 4-A school without Donald.

Some of the Huntingdon players are playing with heart (like Crocker and McCormick); others are just showing up. The Mustangs are not playing up to their capability and the schedule only gets tougher.

First off I would like to say how nice I thought we as fans were treated Friday night. It very well may have been the politest place I have ever been too.

As far as the game goes, I just wonder where the offense was the first 10 1/2 quarters we have played this year. We scored almost as many points in the last 1 1/2 quarters as we did for the first 2 and a half games. If we can put that together for 4 quarters I don't think the game will make me near as tired.

The thing that I keep seeing is we have players making plays. We have players making their blocks. We just can't seem to get everyone to do that on the same play.

Despite the fumbles, dropped balls, missed blocks, etc. there was IMPROVEMENT last night on offense in that for the most part Cody was able to drop back and have 3-5 seconds to find an open receiver and we were able to muster a little bit of a running game. Our D probably had 30 missed tackles or it wouldnt have been a game. All in all this could have been a throw away game and these kids could have laid down any time.....but they didnt.....they fought tooth and nail for 4 qtrs and refused to lose this ballgame. With all the injuries and adversity, this was a character test and these kids passed! I want to second what the previous poster said about the folks at Liberty......very polite hosts and all around class individuals. Also ya'lls campus and facilities are amazing!! I hope to come watch ya'll kick some butt in bball this year. Good luck the rest of the way out.

First I'd like to agree with Stangfan, how nice the fans were from Liberty.

Liberty is better than their record. Much like Huntingdon, they had miscues that halted drives. Last year Liberty was the biggest team we faced and probably are this year too. (Numbers and sizewise).. Huntingdon has 375 kids in high school and we're on the wormy side... :unsure: Can you say 1-A next reclassification?

I keep thinking we're going to have a breakout game but you can't wait till the 2nd half to start playing for that to happen. Two dropped TD passes can't happen. We were standing outside the Liberty locker room at halftime and you could hear how fired up the Liberty players were. They played with lots of emotion the entire game.

The Mustangs showed lots of character Friday night and lots of players are starting to settle into their positions. I hope we can get the entire team on the field soon cause the schedule gets tougher real quick.

Has anybody heard the extent of Brayden Baxter's injury?

Edited by Mr. Mustang