Brentwood Academy vs. McCallie

Buzzman

McCallie has a very good and exciting team. Coleman is as smooth a high school QB as I have ever seen. He just makes things happen. #9 Bradford really does it all. Small but is all over the place. The D did a good job of putting pressure on Caffe. I saw the same thing last night as I did against Baylor. He can not handle the pressure, just not good about making the right decision when the pressure is on. Yes, he can throw the ball when no one is coming after him, but Garrett made some big time catches to keep BA hanging on. One catch was a one handed catch that was unbelievable. Has Garrett had any offers from D1 schools? I think that Garrett and #93 could play D1 next fall but anyone else looks to maybe go small school.

You are right. Garrett is a player. He hasn't had much to be excited about but you could tell that he can make things happen. I believe Kottas is also. Did he not get much his way. I read that he had only 3 catches for the night. How about Jordan? He kind of seems on again off again. Did he take himself out of the game? It also sounds like McCallie cooled things down a little after half. Did BA's defense make adjustments or was McCallie just not showing everything that they have?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to McCallie on a big win. Sounds like Coleman had another big game. He's definitely one of the best HS QBs I've ever seen.

How is that field goal kicker at McCallie doing? He was probably the unsung hero of the Riverdale game and looked like he could be headed for a great year.

Thankfully Bradford hasn't been called on to kick much at all. He made one or two against Powell but hasn't had an attempt in either the Briarcrest or BA game.

You are right. Garrett is a player. He hasn't had much to be excited about but you could tell that he can make things happen. I believe Kottas is also. Did he not get much his way. I read that he had only 3 catches for the night. How about Jordan? He kind of seems on again off again. Did he take himself out of the game? It also sounds like McCallie cooled things down a little after half. Did BA's defense make adjustments or was McCallie just not showing everything that they have?

I am fairly certain that Jordan's crucial fumble caused him to be shelved for a while.

I am fairly certain that Jordan's crucial fumble caused him to be shelved for a while.

I would say McCallie's defense caused him to be shelved and yes McCallie did play a ball control second half knowing that the great BA'a qb could not pass and the great Jordan could not run. Also, I think McCallie showed their vaunted running game was just as good as the BA's running game.

I would say McCallie's defense caused him to be shelved and yes McCallie did play a ball control second half knowing that the great BA'a qb could not pass and the great Jordan could not run. Also, I think McCallie showed their vaunted running game was just as good as the BA's running game.

Well, by McCallie's defense causing Jordan to fumble, they did cause him to be shelved. That is what I thought I said. However, he played sparingly and averaged 6 yards a carry. So, the fumble not being stiffled was why he was out. Your second statement makes me wonder if you were actually at the game. BA played ball control (more first downs, offensive plays, time of possession). A straight up shoot out would have gotten ugly fast. Also, McCallie's running game was actually better than BA's. So, if it wasn't "vaunted" before it should be now. You were right about our QB, but that could have been a lucky guess. Are you sure you were there???

Why then did BA not put Caffee on the bench? He had two fumbles and several over throws under throws and other bad passes. Garrett saved him. # 40 did a good job all night, what is his name?

Good question! Many are saying that it might be time for Bledsoe to get his shot, again. Luke Schulyer is #40. I am thinking that those were his first carries. He normally is one of our better defenders.

Congrats to McCallie on a big win. Sounds like Coleman had another big game. He's definitely one of the best HS QBs I've ever seen.

How is that field goal kicker at McCallie doing? He was probably the unsung hero of the Riverdale game and looked like he could be headed for a great year.

Joel was kicking 50 yarders at practice. He plays both ways and has received on kick offs. Consider if he could just concentrate on his kicking game. He's also a heck of a b'ball and soccer player.

Well, by McCallie's defense causing Jordan to fumble, they did cause him to be shelved. That is what I thought I said. However, he played sparingly and averaged 6 yards a carry. So, the fumble not being stiffled was why he was out. Your second statement makes me wonder if you were actually at the game. BA played ball control (more first downs, offensive plays, time of possession). A straight up shoot out would have gotten ugly fast. Also, McCallie's running game was actually better than BA's. So, if it wasn't "vaunted" before it should be now. You were right about our QB, but that could have been a lucky guess. Are you sure you were there???

Jordan looked like an excellent running back except for the fact he ran straight up and down. The hit that caused him to fumble was a good tackle but Jordan didn't look like he was protecting the ball well. The McC defender put his helmet on it and out it came. It'll be interesting to see what position he ends up playing in college.

Joel was kicking 50 yarders at practice. He plays both ways and has received on kick offs. Consider if he could just concentrate on his kicking game. He's also a heck of a basketball and soccer player.

Jordan looked like an excellent running back except for the fact he ran straight up and down. The hit that caused him to fumble was a good tackle but Jordan didn't look like he was protecting the ball well. The McC defender put his helmet on it and out it came. It'll be interesting to see what position he ends up playing in college.

Probably linebacker or safety, depending on how big he gets.

Why then did BA not put Caffee on the bench? He had two fumbles and several over throws under throws and other bad passes. Garrett saved him. # 40 did a good job all night, what is his name?

I guess I saw things differently than some of you reltaive to Caffee. He did over throw a couple of long balls, had the obvious skip to end BA's chances, and he did have two fumbles (which were caused by good McCallie defensive plays but were still inexcusable), but overall I thought he played a pretty good game. Garrett "saved" him with one good (great) catch but also had at least two bounce off of his hands, and I think there were a couple of other drops as well. CAffee throws well off of the roll out and made a number of key 3rd and 4th down throws to keep BA in the hunt. My only real complaint was that I thought he held the ball a couple of times when he should have thrown it.

I really like D. Bledsoe (great kid), but do you really think he brings more to the table? I thought one of the key differences in the game were the McCallie receivers. Colman is the real deal, but he had some guys making him look even better than he would have by making some great grabs. I don't know if they missed any "catchable" balls all night while BA did.

Garrett is a wonderful athlete who makes things happen when he catches the ball . . . I just with the "when" was a little more consistant. He is fun to watch . . .