Peabody vs Humboldt

turkey

i agree that milan will win this reagion...this game was one of the best ive seen....alot of kids made some big plays. i look for trenton to be the team to be beaten next year but for this year its milans.....i think the week 7 match up with huntingdon will determine the winner of this region... humboldt will come in at number three...westview i believe will pull out number four and dresden will take the five spot with gibson co and usj bringin up there rear.....

theres some great football to come in the next weeks :D

Milan should be considerably better next year.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest...i believe that humboldt and milan have pretty much the same talent...big offensive line...both averaging 275 lbs...i think that's what i heard earlier in the summer...both have great speed and strength...both have really good skill position players especially in the backfield...just letting yall know not to count out humboldt and place them at number 3 already...but 6 more weeks to go...we'll see how it goes :D o and don't get me wrong...trenton has a good team this year...but you can not compare the two teams cause if humboldt had the same fire for the whole as they did in the 4th quarter then that game wouldn't have been so close

Should be a good game next week. What skill pos. players does Humboldt have besides Wardlow and Donald?

Should be a good game next week. What skill pos. players does Humboldt have besides Wardlow and Donald?

on offense there is EJ Epperson at receiver who is 6'4 and has good speed and hands...also at receiver there are Will Parker Roe who is one of the top WR's in west TN...Josh Hawks, Darrell Boyd , and Chauncey Hunt (can also play RB) also all play out at WR whom all have great speed and hands...Brandon Gentry is also at RB and has great speed...on defense we have all starters back at DB's who are Josh Hawks, Will Parker Roe, and Chauncey Hunt...Josh Hawks has 2 INT, a sack, and 6 solo tackles in the game against Lexington...Will Parker Roe got an INT earlier in the season, and Chauncey Hunt has shown last season what he is capable at FS...also to go along with them are Matt Pritchard who blocked the punt in the peabody game...all (like i said before) have great speed and are smart...any other postitions i missed out on just ask

Just a question of curiosity here...Where did the name Peabody originally come from? I`m assuming it was someone`s name. If so who was it? Thanks

History of Peabody High School

by Gary Blankinship

Education in Trenton began in 1823 when the Trenton Male Academy was formed. This was followed in 1842 by the addition of the Trenton Female Academy. In 1852, the Trenton Male Academy was replaced by Andrew College, which was sponsored by the Methodist Episcopal Church of Trenton. In 1875, Andrew College was burdened with debt and it was to be replaced by a public school.

In 1875, the public school was organized and went into operation in 1876. The founder and first principal was Professor Gentry R. McGee. Through Professor McGee’s efforts, Trenton received funds from the “George Peabody Fund For Southern Schools.” George Peabody had been a philanthropist from Massachusetts. In gratitude, his name was given to the school. Professor McGee served for 25 years as the head of the school. McGee was probably best known as the author of A School History of Tennessee that was used as a textbook for years across our state. The first graduating class of Peabody was in 1879 with three graduates.

In 1917, a new building was completed which is now the central part of “Old Peabody”. In 1931, a new gymnasium was added. A fire in 1944 destroyed the gymnasium and auditorium. A complete remodeling began in 1945. The new gymnasium was finished in 1947. Also, a new Agriculture Building was added and the new auditorium was finished in 1951. In 1965, the school began integration and was completely integrated by 1970.

On January 4, 1980, the new Peabody High School was opened where Trenton’s long tradition in education continues.