ELIZABETHTON CYCLONES VS. SULLIVAN NORTH RAIDERS

TellTheTruth2004

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21-17 Cyclone win that went to the last few seconds for a decision. Ugly at times for both teams but a real battle. North is tough. Real tough and I'm glad we won't see you guys again anytime soon.

Congradulations to the CYCLONE NATION. This game provided a turn in the road. Just stay on the road! :ph34r:

The Betsy boys needed this win desparately. If they would have lost, I seriously do not think they wouldve made the playoffs. South and TN High are pretty much in the playoffs. Johnson County I think can lock up a 3 spot. I believe the 'Horns will beat the 'Clones this year. But there's still quite a bit of football left to be played.

Elizabethton 21

Greeneville 17

The Devils have dropped a little, but they shocked NE TN with a win over 3A power Anderson County. Boone did completely shut their passing down. They took South down to the wire in WK 3. Should be a good one next week @ Burley Stadium, I think the 'Clones edge it out in the end.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

as a raider fan both teams played hard and it was one of the best high school games ive ever seen. i hate losing. i really hate losing. but blaming officials is what losers do.

all you can do as a coach is to ask your kids to give themselves a chance to win. our kids did that.

the pass interference call was questionable. but.... betsy had several big offensive plays called back also. plus we obviously jumped offsides in two key situations. thats the ballgame. early we have a short yardage situation where we are trying to draw betsy offside and jump ourselves. the biggest however is when we are 2nd goal at the 5 and jump. we have to kick a field goal instead of getting the 7 we had a chance to get if we dont jump. thats the ballgame.

dont embarass our kids and coaches who work their butts off by making ignorant posts. we got beat in a great game. betsy beat us in a great high school football game. hats off to them.

as far as the altercation between the elizabethton coach and our parent - it happened. first of all no betsy coach had any business hanging around in our lockerroom area and no parent had any business saying anything to a betsy coach.

raiders - its a marathon not a sprint. the main gaol of every game is give yourself a chance to win, the main goal of regular season is give yourself a chance to make the playoffs, the main goal of the playoffs is to give yourself a chance to advance. come out ready to get better in practice monday. this game is over. cant do anything about it.

Edited by raiderbb

GOOD JOB CYCLONES,WASNT PRETTY BUT ITS A W.GOOD JOB BY BOTH O & D LINES.I WAS REAL PROUD OF THE WAY YOU HANDLED THEIR HORSES UP FRONT.CUT OUT TOO MANY MISTAKES AND WE AER A PRETTY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM.GOOD WIN NOW LETS GET READY FOR THE DEVILS.GREAT JOB #44 & #41 AT THE LB SLOTS.AGAIN GOOD JOB LINEMAN.GO CYCLONES.ALSO NORTHS QB PLAYED HIS HEART OUT ,GOOD BALLPLAYER.GO CYCLONES!