Bolton v. Ridgeway

Bigplay

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not too big ...couple 6ft plus 225-240 guys the other 2 short fellows are not very muscular ...just big

i expect big play from the defense and spec teams... if the offense can score and help with field position i think bolton may surprise people...not saying they will win... but they have the athletes with the ability to compete

I know size doesnt mean everything but Ridgeways d-line is big,ends are 6'4" 210 and 6'4" 245 and fast,tackles are 6'1" 265 and 6'2" 260 and then they swap tackles out at times and bring in 6'3" 285 and 6'3" 330,not going to be many teams that can win the line battle against them.

...however we must not forget that bolton has only given up 17 pts in their last 2 games...

When stated like that ... it appears that Bolton's defense is stable and consistant. Let's take a look at the three games played.

Bolton loses to CBHS ... 9 - 33

Bolton beats Craigmont ... 27 - 0

Bolton loses to Collierville ... 7 - 17

Bolton has given up 50 points in 3 games this season for an average of 16.67 points per game. Bolton has scored 43 points in 3 games this this season for an average of 14.33 points per game. So on a whole ... Bolton is scoring less then they are scored upon by 2.33 points per game.

Let's look at Ridgeway.

Ridgeway beat Henry County ... 17 - 7

Ridgeway beat Horn Lake, MS ... 21 - 7

Ridgeway beat Memphis Central ... 42 - 7

Ridgeway beat Hopkinsville, KY ... 41 - 3

Ridgeway has given up 24 points in 4 games this season for an average of 6.00 points per game. Ridgeway has scored 121 points in 4 games this season for an averave of 30.25 points per game. Ridgeway is scoring more points on their oppenents then they are being scored upon by 24.25 points per game.

Now ... my original prediction, one in which I did no math ... it was just a gut feeling ... was Ridgeway 30, Bolton 7. Looking at the numbers ... I think my first guess was pretty good. Ridgeway's defense has been pretty consistant. Who knows what defense will show up for Bolton if you look at the results of the past 3 games they have played. I stand by my original prediction.

I think Bolton is going to have to play 8 me in the box all night to TRY and slow down Crawford. And that will only work for a while ... if it works at all. But if he breaks behind the LB's ... he's gone! If Ridgeways scores early ... it will definately be a looooooong night for Bolton. If they are down by 2 TD's at half time ... It will be even uglier by the 4th quarter. Teams who have a losing record, losing to a good team tend to quit when the odds are stacked against them.

That's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Who knows ... Bolton may actually score more then 9 points, but I doubt it.

When stated like that ... it appears that Bolton's defense is stable and consistant. Let's take a look at the three games played.

Bolton loses to CBHS ... 9 - 33

Bolton beats Craigmont ... 27 - 0

Bolton loses to Collierville ... 7 - 17

Bolton has given up 50 points in 3 games this season for an average of 16.67 points per game. Bolton has scored 43 points in 3 games this this season for an average of 14.33 points per game. So on a whole ... Bolton is scoring less then they are scored upon by 2.33 points per game.

Let's look at Ridgeway.

Ridgeway beat Henry County ... 17 - 7

Ridgeway beat Horn Lake, MS ... 21 - 7

Ridgeway beat Memphis Central ... 42 - 7

Ridgeway beat Hopkinsville, KY ... 41 - 3

Ridgeway has given up 24 points in 4 games this season for an average of 6.00 points per game. Ridgeway has scored 121 points in 4 games this season for an averave of 30.25 points per game. Ridgeway is scoring more points on their oppenents then they are being scored upon by 24.25 points per game.

Now ... my original prediction, one in which I did no math ... it was just a gut feeling ... was Ridgeway 30, Bolton 7. Looking at the numbers ... I think my first guess was pretty good. Ridgeway's defense has been pretty consistant. Who knows what defense will show up for Bolton if you look at the results of the past 3 games they have played. I stand by my original prediction.

I think Bolton is going to have to play 8 me in the box all night to TRY and slow down Crawford. And that will only work for a while ... if it works at all. But if he breaks behind the LB's ... he's gone! If Ridgeways scores early ... it will definately be a looooooong night for Bolton. If they are down by 2 TD's at half time ... It will be even uglier by the 4th quarter. Teams who have a losing record, losing to a good team tend to quit when the odds are stacked against them.

That's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Who knows ... Bolton may actually score more then 9 points, but I doubt it.

KWC,

Bolton is gonna get blown out!

I saw Bolton vs CBHS, earlier this year. CBHS ran the ball right down Bolton's throat, all night long! Heck, Bolton knew what was coming but still could not stop CBHS' running game....It was horrific to watch, even as an unbiased observer.

Bolton's defense stinks! Ridgeway & Crawford are going to have a field day, running the ball. Mark my words.

I wholeheartedly disagree Bigplay. Last week, against Collierville, Bolton gave up a whopping 268 yards on the ground. Collierville only threw the ball twice, and completed 1 for 12 yards. Of the three teams you have played ... you crushed Craigmont ... who I'm beginning to think isn't very good. But against CBHS and Collierville, you scored 9 points and 7 points respectively. I don't think you guys will slow Crawford down enough. I think he runs for at LEAST a buck fifty on you guys. Then ... there is Jasper ... the LSU commitment kicker ... who last week against Hopkinville, KY, booted 4 field goals of 29, 30, 53, and 26 yards. I think Ridgeway has too much firepower for Bolton to deal with.

Ridgeway .... 30

Bolton .......... 7

This may be the 2nd half score. We for some reason start slow and then turn it on. If they ever play a whole game.........LOOK OUT.

As for the size of the players, way, way short. Last week at Hopkinsville, Ky. our 3rd team was in at the end against their 1st. They had to kick a fg. to avoid the "O".

Now on to the kicker, 54 yards is good, in practice Jasper has a 60. He also has a 52 in a game. He is hurting us on kick-offs. Two flew over the end zone, 2 didn't make it to the e/zone, the rest went in, with 2 hitting the 68 yard mark. On the 2 that didn't make the e/zone they started around the 15. Kicks are high and deep and the players are FAST!!!!!!!!

About Crawford, just flat out good. Not only that, he is keeping a good running back on the bench. I would much rather watch Oliver run than Crawford. Oliver will run around you and maybe even under you,,,,Crawford just runs over you.

I know this sounds like a homer but I think the only team in the reigion we have to worry about is ourself's. Of course we have a coach named Cooley that usully handles that problem at half time.

I know this sounds like a homer but I think the only team in the reigion we (Ridgeway) have to worry about is ourself's. Of course we have a coach named Cooley that usully handles that problem at half time.

I agree 100%, PapaOfBoo.

Ridgeway does appear to have clear sailing thru the end of the year. Nobody in the Region is gonna touch 'em. In fact, they might be a shoo-in to make the State semi-finals again.

Ridgeway is gonna' have to be very careful not to get overconfident, however. They must stay focused--it's gonna' be tough to do, when you're (in all likelihood) blasting all your opponents.... They're still going to have to actually suit up & play the games.

Interestingly enough, Ridgeway played a much tougher schedule 2 years ago when it was 4A. Now that they're 5a....well, lets just say that they lucked up by being placed in a very weak (perenially) Region. They don't have to battle the likes of Gtwn, Coll, Houston, WhiteHaven, etc.

While Ridgeway can not avoid playing its fellow weak (REALLY WEAK) regional opponents, it should look to dramatically increase the strength of its non-region schedule, in the future--beginning with next year! Personally, I'd love to see them play South Panola, Olive Branch, or even be included in the Bridges Kickoff Classic. These type of games would serve to make Ridgeway an even stronger team, come playoff time.

For now, Go Ridgeway. Memphis could use another State Football Championship!

I agree 100%, PapaOfBoo.

While Ridgeway can not avoid playing its fellow weak (REALLY WEAK) regional opponents, it should look to dramatically increase the strength of its non-region schedule, in the future--beginning with next year! Personally, I'd love to see them play South Panola, Olive Branch, or even be included in the Bridges Kickoff Classic. These type of games would serve to make Ridgeway an even stronger team, come playoff time.

For now, Go Ridgeway. Memphis could use another State Football Championship!

I've already talked about this region on another thread. We just got lucky is all I can say. Next year it will different, o so different. A lot of seniors on our team.

We have 3 games to play with on the schedule. Coach likes to travel and 2 of the 3 are usually overnighters. Of course this is his last year so all that may change. We also have a new principal at the school, next year will be "o" so different.

The Bridges game is all about selling tickets so I have been told. The year we won State we lost our first game in it then run the tabel. S/Panloa just not going to happen, rumor has it that the coach has stated that he would just as soon play O/Miss.

I like the travel games and I think it is good for the boys. So for the 3rd game I would have liked to see us play O/Branch, CBHS or even Melrose. Didn't happen and hate to see it happen next year because it is going to be "O" so different next year.

Ridgeway will have no problem with Bolton, tHey will win by at least 21 points. Bolton just have not proven themselves against good competition. As far as region 8 goes, with teams like Whitehaven, Collierville, G-town, White Station, Houston, and even a very talented Wooddale, I would love to see Ridgeway in the mix- we'll trade you Hamilton, lol. I saw ridgeway play last year and they were the real deal. I thought they were going to win state until Ravenwood handled them. Anyway, ridgeway should have no problem with bolton or no other team in 7-5a for that matter. Good luck in the playoffs (except if you play my Whitehaven tigers)

Here is Ridgeways schedule:

Ridgeway Roadrunners

Fri Aug. 18 at Henry Co. W 17-7

Fri Aug. 25 Horn Lake,MS N Halle W 21-7

Fri Sep. 1 Memphis Central N at Whitehaven W 42-7

Fri Sep. 8 at Hopkinsville,KY W 41-3

Fri Sep. 15 at Bolton R

Fri Sep. 29 Bartlett N R Halle

Fri Oct. 6 at Millington R

Fri Oct. 13 Craigmont N R at Raleigh Egypt

Thu Oct. 19 Cordova R Halle

Fri Oct. 27 Memphis Overton R Fairgrounds

The only team left on the schedule who currently has a winning record is Millinton, who has one loss to Southaven (MS). Craigmont is 500 with 2 wins and 2 losses. Who on this schedule do you see putting a loss on Ridgeway? Millington and Bolton are probably the closest to doing it. Bartlett is winless. So is Overton. Bolton and Cordova only have 1 win each with Cordova's win being over Bartlett and Bolton's win being over Craigmont. Craigmont is 2-2, with two wins over Kirby and Raleigh-Egypt ... two weak teams ... and 2 blow out losses to Bolton and EAST of all schools. Personally, I think they have a very good chance of running the table in 7-5A. Millington, in my eyes, is their only serious threat.

Just my opinion.