Chatt. Coaching HOT SEAT

FBFan2001

Yea but they have only had the program for 2 yrs. That's not long enough to justify firing them. Walker Valley's coach has been there 5 or 6 years now and they have had bad years lately. I would think they might be looking for a different direction soon. They have the talent, but their gameplan hasnt been working. I have talked to some people in other area programs who say that Central's staff is one of the most knowlegeable and youngest staffs in Chattanooga, they just don't have TEAM players.

Yea but they have only had the program for 2 yrs. That's not long enough to justify firing them. Walker Valley's coach has been there 5 or 6 years now and they have had bad years lately. I would think they might be looking for a different direction soon. They have the talent, but their gameplan hasnt been working. I have talked to some people in other area programs who say that Central's staff is one of the most knowlegeable and youngest staffs in Chattanooga, they just don't have TEAM players.

And isn't that the job of the "knowledgeable" staff members? There is more to coaching than x's and o's. A coach's job is to develop team moral and chemistry and to "weed out" those that that are selfish and don't want to do it the team way.

Unless that selfish player is a great player then you make allowances. :thumb:

Edited by shannon

It didn't seem like the coaches are knowledgable... Their defense is horrible. I can't tell you how many times Ooltewah receivers were wide open down the field last week against Central. It just seemed like they had no idea what they were doing. They have a 250 pound running back 10 yards deep in an I-formation. He is very slow... They also go 4 wide with 2 guys over 250 pounds out wide... I just don't get it... I know they have athletes over there at Central and they also are HUGE. In my opinion they aren't running the right offense and defense with the players they have...

It didn't seem like the coaches are knowledgable... Their defense is horrible. I can't tell you how many times Ooltewah receivers were wide open down the field last week against Central. It just seemed like they had no idea what they were doing. They have a 250 pound running back 10 yards deep in an I-formation. He is very slow... They also go 4 wide with 2 guys over 250 pounds out wide... I just don't get it... I know they have athletes over there at Central and they also are HUGE. In my opinion they aren't running the right offense and defense with the players they have...

I completely agree. You'd think a coach would at least tell their players about the overall scheme of things. Why would you have such big guys lining up wide and not do anything with them? Did the steal those sets from somebody else. Here is a hint Central, develop an offensive/defensive philiosophy and don't try to win games with illusion.

I completely agree. You'd think a coach would at least tell their players about the overall scheme of things. Why would you have such big guys lining up wide and not do anything with them? Did the steal those sets from somebody else. Here is a hint Central, develop an offensive/defensive philiosophy and don't try to win games with illusion.

central is trying to use the same offense in which ooltewah has beaten them with year after year.

central is trying to use the same offense in which ooltewah has beaten them with year after year.

Ooltewah is obviously more knowledgeable than Central. :thumb: I have seen Central play and your right, they don't have many football smarts. That is the coaches fault. You almost are emberassed on behalf of the kids.

Coaches can't teach football instincts though. Also, it is easy to say the coach can teach them football........however, this is not a perfect world and every kid doesn't soak up every word and concept.

This is not intended to be about any particular coaching staff, just a statement to those that think this is a "perfect world".

Coaches can't teach football instincts though. Also, it is easy to say the coach can teach them football........however, this is not a perfect world and every kid doesn't soak up every word and concept.

This is not intended to be about any particular coaching staff, just a statement to those that think this is a "perfect world".

You are right that instincts can't be taught. But overall basic schemes can and to let a receiver be that wide open has nothing to do with instinct but rather a scheme. I would even say that there are few athletes that have a high football/athletic IQ.

And those coaches that try to be perfect are going to fall short but they are probably making into the playoffs and not worried about the "hot seat" b/c they will focus on the fundamentals of the game and there will be nothing left to chance.

Edited by shannon