Fastest back in TN

TMo4Sho

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these times being posted are hard to believe :)

Tate, Smith, Donald, Shiverdecker, Holt, & Rogan are all great backs but speeds like 4.38 & 4.41 make me wonder what some of you are smoking when you post.

I am a huge believer in playmakers having tremendous game speed. In fact there are some out there that just get bored playing running back at the high school level because they play at a different speed. Most high school skill players run in the mid-to-upper 4's. That's 4.5-4.8!!!! The fastest player I have ever seen at the high school level was Phillip "Boo" Weathers. On the turf at MTSU in the state title game against Alcoa in 2004 he put on a show with his playmaking ability. Anyone at the game that night knew that he was the fastest kid on the field without a doubt. In fact he was the fastest player on the field that entire weekend (1A-5A) no question about it. I heard from a Huntingdon fan that was in the stands that weekend that Weathers ran the 40 in 4.45 seconds. THAT'S FAST!!! Now I have seen all of these young men play, whether it be in person or on CSS, and there's not a one of them that I believe to be faster than Weathers. Now they all might have a better combination of size, power, & speed than did "Boo" but in terms of just speed alone???? NO WAY!!!!

Some of these times being posted are hard to believe :)

Tate, Smith, Donald, Shiverdecker, Holt, & Rogan are all great backs but speeds like 4.38 & 4.41 make me wonder what some of you are smoking when you post.

I am a huge believer in playmakers having tremendous game speed. In fact there are some out there that just get bored playing running back at the high school level because they play at a different speed. Most high school skill players run in the mid-to-upper 4's. That's 4.5-4.8!!!! The fastest player I have ever seen at the high school level was Phillip "Boo" Weathers. On the turf at MTSU in the state title game against Alcoa in 2004 he put on a show with his playmaking ability. Anyone at the game that night knew that he was the fastest kid on the field without a doubt. In fact he was the fastest player on the field that entire weekend (1A-5A) no question about it. I heard from a Huntingdon fan that was in the stands that weekend that Weathers ran the 40 in 4.45 seconds. THAT'S FAST!!! Now I have seen all of these young men play, whether it be in person or on CSS, and there's not a one of them that I believe to be faster than Weathers. Now they all might have a better combination of size, power, & speed than did "Boo" but in terms of just speed alone???? NO WAY!!!!

You don't have to take my word for it, spend the 9.95 it takes to get a Unapproved Website subscription and you can veiw the EVENT VERIFIED data. Smith was clocked by college coaches and scouts at a Nike Training Camp. He had the second highest 40 time in camp with a 4.38. Only Eric Berry was fatster, and he may be the fastest player in highschool.

Here's the link Smith Unapproved Website Page

I've seen Bo Weathers play many times, and I have to admit that he was one of the fastest highschool players that I've seen play. But I seen players with that kind speed other than Weathers. I don't know what Adrian Donald runs, but his coach reported a 4.38 to the Jackson Sun, and after seeing him play I'm not going to say he was lying. So to say that no players is faster than Weathers is a bit of a strecth.

Dang he seems faster than that.

he is faster than that i guarantee. I played on the feild with him before and now i watch him as a fan and i know for a FACT, nobody in the state of Tennessee would run him down. its a difference between 40 time and on the feild speed, rogan is one of the fastest players on the feild in Tennessee. I dont know about that 40 time but i did see that on Unapproved Website so i cant call it. but i did also see on a virginia tech website, they clocked him at a 4.42 laser time. that seems more real to me.

That's funny, since he isn't even the fastest player on the team. (That would be Tim Williams, and QB Jeremy Woods is right behind Brian)

Tim Williams do tell, Thorough what is the basis? Does the Williams kid run track? I would think Sean Sanders at 4.48 would be much faster than Woods. Marshall is very quick in 100meters but I think his best asset is his blinding quickness changing directions accelerating, and his low center of gravity.

Some of these times being posted are hard to believe :thumb:

I see that Unapproved Website has Smith's time at 4.38 from his Nike Camp workout, and Scout.com has him at 4.45. If he runs a 4.38 at 6'2" 201 in high school...I'd check his pee too. :P Apart from that, there are a lot of variables in timing 40's: weather, track, wind, human error, etc. You can even read NFL scouts debating the 40 times when players "ran on a fast track" or "slow track" quite a bit. One guy may run a 4.50 on a track in good conditions, and a 4.65, or worse, on the grass on a football field in damp conditions. That's the difference in being a 1st rounder and a 4th rounder many times, so about the only scouts I somewhat trust on times are the NFL scouts. The difference in one-tenth of a second is about 3 feet of distance between runners in a 40 yard distance, so it needs to be pretty accurate and I doubt most coaches are that accurate. If they are late on the stopwatch just one-tenth of a second, I'm sure Harrison Smith can still fly, but I'm kind of like Big Country on this when looking at the big picture: I'm pessimistic about 40 times. Guys who run 4.5 40's in high school are an extremely small percentage of players (I'd say less than 1% of all players). Guys who run sub-4.40 are about that rare IN THE NFL. When you start talking sub-4.5, IT IS VERY HARD TO BELIEVE, because then you're talking about a small percentage within a small percentage. No doubt these guys are fast, but 40 times are over-hyped and not extremely accurate.

That's funny, since he isn't even the fastest player on the team. (That would be Tim Williams, and QB Jeremy Woods is right behind Brian)

To be honest Tim Williams is fast but he is not faster than Marshall (u can look at te track flim) but the young boy is a speedster and Jeremy Woods is nowhere near Marshall but I think he has Better moves lol

Tim Williams do tell, Thorough what is the basis? Does the Williams kid run track? I would think Sean Sanders at 4.48 would be much faster than Woods. Marshall is very quick in 100meters but I think his best asset is his blinding quickness changing directions accelerating, and his low center of gravity.

Denlron,

The times were posted in the Ooltewah weight room, that's my source. I don't know if they were electronically timed or coach timed. (I would believe a electonically timed time over a coach time though, but I think the times were coach timed.) Williams is a sophomore, Sanders time wasn't listed there, but Woods had the 3rd best time listed believe it or not. ImaOwl will vouch for the players I listed and in the order in which they were listed in. I'm not going to disagree with you about Marshall though. He could end up being one of Ooltewah's best ever once it's all said and done.

Denlron,

The times were posted in the Ooltewah weight room, that's my source. I don't know if they were electronically timed or coach timed. (I would believe a electonically timed time over a coach time though, but I think the times were coach timed.) Williams is a sophomore, Sanders time wasn't listed there, but Woods had the 3rd best time listed believe it or not. ImaOwl will vouch for the players I listed and in the order in which they were listed in. I'm not going to disagree with you about Marshall though. He could end up being one of Ooltewah's best ever once it's all said and done.

Thanks for the info, wasn't trying to dispute your info cause I was sure you had a solid source.