Macon County @ Smith County

glover

Your scores aren't even the same. What website you reffering to?

I researched to say this, either way record pretty close for you to say MC hasn't played SC pretty tough YEAR IN and YEAR OUT.

One year wonders? We beat you all three years I played!

Who said you haven't? I think I said that very thing earlier in the thread.

Congrats on the wins over SC. Not many of your coherts can say that.

The "One Year Wonders" comes from your lack of success in recent years...let's say under the current playoff format. How many times have you made the playoffs? How many times have you made it even to the 2nd round? How many winning seasons do you have in that time period? Check your record book? Or...just go back 10 years. What is your record the last 10 years?

The website is www.smithcountyfootball.com Click on yearly records.

Are we the best program around...certainly not. Has our program been more successful than Macon's over the last 10 years? It ain't close.

What does that mean for Friday's game? Not much.

Edited by Antwan

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said you haven't? I think I said that very thing earlier in the thread.

Congrats on the wins over SC. Not many of your coherts can say that.

The "One Year Wonders" comes from your lack of success in recent years...let's say under the current playoff format. How many times have you made the playoffs? How many times have you made it even to the 2nd round? How many winning seasons do you have in that time period? Check your record book? Or...just go back 10 years. What is your record the last 10 years?

The website is www.smithcountyfootball.com Click on yearly records.

Are we the best program around...certainly not. Has our program been more successful than Macon's over the last 10 years? It ain't close.

What does that mean for Friday's game? Not much.

Very nice website. Is that your handiwork?

Everything you say I could buy. SC been more successfull recently, OK lets say yes. Even though we have been to the 4th round of the playoffs as many times as SC has.

Haven't you also said that you measure game by scores in all 48 minutes(last week SC YI thread, which I agree). How can you look at the sum of the game, but only the RECENT history of these two teams? You can't have that cake and eat it too. What is SC success in last three decades?

OK I will go back in last ten years. Nope we havent been to playoffs as many times as SC. However we have gone FARTHER! And you know who we stepped on to get there. It is quality not quantity.

Have to,you are to scarred to take me on.

OK mr masonic postor boy....................any time you feel froggy, JUMP!

What other use do you have, you have allready picked against the tigers. Which is all I needed out of your trap. All you do is hate, you don't even support a team.

I think I will ask all the masons I know if your words and/or actions are a reflection of the order??????

This will be a very good game to watch. It's the game I look forward to the most, even though it's not a region game. I don't think it will be a blow out game. It will be very close. Who wins??? Hard to say. Whoever wants it the most. Last year SC wanted it the most. In 2003, we wanted it the most.

As the the "One Year Wonders" comments I'm sick of hearing about it!!! That year the whole community of Macon County pull together and supported our team. It will go down in MC football history as our best season. And yes we are proud of that!!! So quit knocking us down about it.

Good Luck to both teams!!! They are BOTH going to need it. :D

Everything you say I could buy. SC been more successfull recently, OK lets say yes. Even though we have been to the 4th round of the playoffs as many times as SC has.

Haven't you also said that you measure game by scores in all 48 minutes(last week SC YI thread, which I agree). How can you look at the sum of the game, but only the RECENT history of these two teams? You can't have that cake and eat it too. What is SC success in last three decades?

OK I will go back in last ten years. Nope we havent been to playoffs as many times as SC. However we have gone FARTHER! And you know who we stepped on to get there. It is quality not quantity.

Smith Co. has been to the semi-finals twice....Macon only once. (The "Wonder Year") But that history will not help you Friday nite.

Fan(who loves the Macon Co. week)

Edited by fanman

It really wouldn't have mattered, tigerfan, if the "whole community" "came together" as you say to support that team. That group of Seniors would've done the same thing with nobody in the stands "supporting" them. Don't give too much credit to yourselves......give it to that group of Seniors you had that "Wonder" Year.

We win that too as fanman alluded to. :) Gee...how could you not know that we went to the semis the very next year? We would have stepped on you again if you had been there. That was after the Wonder Year. How could you not know that we went to the semis before that? We have been to the playoffs the last 11 years. Have some done better?...absolutely. Has MC?...absolutely not. Does that play into Friday? Nah...but it kind of refutes anything you have done except the Wonder Year.

No...it is not my website. It is a nice one though. I am appreciative of it...as are all SC football fans. :)

Hey Antwan...Did Macon/Lafayette and Smith/Carthage play each other in 1927? I was just wondering...My grandfather play for Macon that year (first year Macon had a team).

Yes...they did. That is the 1st game recorded on the website...even though...I know Carthage had a team in the 1st year of the school. That was around 1915. rollredroll has a high school football database website. It's a very good site. It has MBA playing Carthage in 1915. My great uncle was on that team. I have a picture of him in his uniform. Here is a link to his site. High School Footballl Database