Oakland at Lincoln County

Bacillum

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to see how LC is going to score. The strength of the Oakland team is their D-line and the soft spot on the LC team is their O-line. LC's QB can make things interesting though.

Oakland's offense has been inconsistent so this one could be very close and very low scoring. Let's say 10-6 Oakland.

It's hard to see how LC is going to score. The strength of the Oakland team is their D-line and the soft spot on the LC team is their O-line. LC's QB can make things interesting though.

Oakland's offense has been inconsistent so this one could be very close and very low scoring. Let's say 10-6 Oakland.

I will take that score!!!

You are right....our strength is the D line. I have heard the LC o line is huge. I am anxious to see how we handle that size.

Is Ramsey fully recovered from his earlier injury?

it looks like kaelin could have another big game.

Don't write LC's O-line off yet. We dominated Oakland's D-line last year, just 2 weeks after removing 2 seasoned veterans from the line and replacing them with 2 that had never started a high school game. That was AT oakland. Now we're in the pit. I can't guarantee a win, but I can guarantee we'll be ready to play. All the rivalry and genuine hate simmering between LC and Oakland is too much for anyone to have a runaway game.

Don't write LC's O-line off yet. We dominated Oakland's D-line last year, just 2 weeks after removing 2 seasoned veterans from the line and replacing them with 2 that had never started a high school game. That was AT oakland. Now we're in the pit. I can't guarantee a win, but I can guarantee we'll be ready to play. All the rivalry and genuine hate simmering between LC and Oakland is too much for anyone to have a runaway game.

patriot4life, Bacillum, and headthrow...be sure our D line knows they have been called out . ;)

Edited by 2priceless

Our D-line is playing with confidence right now.We've gone 12 quarters without a touchdown so it'll be tough finding the endzone come friday.

Hate to disappoint anyone about the pit but if LC is not winning them all they won't show up and that is a shame for the players

smyrna went there 3 yrs in a row for playoffs and when they were undefeated you couldn't find a place to stand

the next 2 yrs LC was like 7 and 3 and losses to only very good teams and I was shocked when we got there and parked next to the stadium!

There was no one hardly there and no entusiasm at all

I hope it is packed firday night becasuse when it is it is a great place but my bet is it won't be.

LC fans what happened?? I really thought you had enough offese to be a state contendor in 06 and your defense would be one of the best?

Well, Cat me and you have disagreed on matters before but I have to totally agree with you on this one. It seems like if we lose 1 game the crowd falls off and a lot (not all) but a lot of the ones that come just sit there on their hands and won't yell or clap unless something reallly big happens. I think that a lot of the crowd decline can also be traced to the region that we were put in a few years ago, it has killed a lot of the support that we have had in the past. We used to play Tullahoma (25 miles away), Columbia,(40 miles away), Lawrence Co. (40 miles away) Giles Co. (25 miles away), and while some of the teams mentioned have dropped down to 4A there is not a great deal of enrollment difference between us and them now. and now we have 2 road trips that are over 2 hours away (Cookeville, Cumberland Co.) and then you have the Murfreesboro teams that we play, (Riverdale, Oakland, which we probably would play anyway as non-region games just for the good competition, and of course Blackman. Then there's Franklin, a good 65 miles away and with gas almost $3 a gallon I can understand why some people just stay at home and listen to us on the radio, which is ok too ;)

Back to the Falcon team, the defense has actually played very good all year, held Franklin to 10 points until 3 mins. to go in the game and then gave up 0 points to Blackman, the 6 they scored was on a fumble return against out 2nd offense, shutout of Warren Co., and in the Riverdale game they were put in bad situations a couple of times with their back to the wall and they played the biggest majority of the game and finally gave out because, other than 1 drive, our offense could do absolutely nothing against a very strong Riverdale defense. And last Friday night against F.C. the rebels only had 1 first down in the first half then thanks to a couple of penalites the F.C. offense had the ball for about 9 out of the 12 mins. in the 3rd qt. and we only gave up 6 points to them at that.

I'm not going to get on here and point fingers at any of our guys, because I know that they are trying their best to get better but, if you go to a L.C. game you will be able to tell where we are having out most problems at, and where we need the most improvement and it's not just in one area.

We must bring our A game to the table Friday night to win the game there's no doubt about that at all, I'm sure that when Oakland saw the score of our game against F.C. they were licking their lips to get down here, but holding penalites absolutely killed us Friday night and cost us at least 2 tds not to mention stopping cold about two or three other drives.

We must eliminate these drive killing errors to have a chance to win out the rest of the regular season. ;)

I think that another reason that after we lose 1 game the crowd falls off, is because the expectations are so high here every year, that with just 1 loss, I think that some people think, well were no good this year and quit coming. :(

Edited by Falconstatman