Oakland at Lincoln County

Bacillum

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland 24 Lincoln County 0

That might be a fair prediction, if we have another night like last night against the Rebels. However, I'm hoping that we quit making penalties and quit whining about the ones we make (even if we don't think we made them) and blaming the refs instead of focussing on fixing missed blocks and other problems, then just stink it up (that's the word that popped up when I wrote s u c k...yeah, let's stink it up :unsure: ) and play good old fashioned Lincoln County football! In that case, I think it will be a great football game between two good teams. If the home crowd stays in the game that may make the difference.

Edited by jabbo

Hopefully Oakland brings a crowd. It would sure be nice for our band to show up.

I know several of our players can't wait to play at the Pit. They love the atmosphere there at LC. Thompson always has them ready to face the Patriots. I expect a VERY physical game.

Is Ramsey back in action?

I was sort of shocked at the FC score.........what happened?

Hopefully Oakland brings a crowd. It would sure be nice for our band to show up.

I know several of our players can't wait to play at the Pit. They love the atmosphere there at LC. Thompson always has them ready to face the Patriots. I expect a VERY physical game.

Is Ramsey back in action?

I was sort of shocked at the FC score.........what happened?

LC dominated the first quarter - 10-0. Defense dominated the 2nd quarter - FC only had 1 first down for the half. LC offense missed some opportunities due to penalties. 2nd half - apparently FC got a better halftime talk than LC did....they came out fired up and got their crowd into the game - LC offense couldn't get anything going and the defense went a bit flat - everyone seemed more interested in whining about penalties than moving on to the next play.

Ramsey had 150 some odd yards - most in the first half.

The Rebels have a decent team - apparently they just need to get fired up to get it going.

Edited by jabbo

Not to mention the fact that Coach Thompson chose NOT to kick a field goal TWICE on 4th down inside the red zone. :blink:

And the fact that he has 2 rookies returning kicks when there is a tight game on the line after one of those rookies has muffed SEVERAL catches this year. Of course one was fumbled, then the rookie is right back out there next kick.... :thumb:

But he pulls a receiver from the game that ran a wrong route, but almost comes up with a huge catch..... :thumb:

Dorris had almost returned 2 kicks for TD's, he decides to move him when the game is on the line and...you guessed it...put the 2 rookies back there again.... :thumb:

After hearing all the talk about how LC is going to run the score up on FC, and saying on the radio "This should be a good opportunity to play some of our younger guys", when we should have been concentrating on fundamental coaching, coming up with a game plan, and concerned about getting the win.

We tried in every possible way to give this game away.

I don't understand what you're doing Coach!!!

No, the following week will be homecoming vs. Hazel Green, AL

After the way we struggled at FC, I'm not sure how to call this one. I tend to agree with I_dont_get_it too, we need to make some better decisions on personnel and fundamentals like taking the 6 points we could have had by kicking the field goals at crunch time.

I'll say LC 17-14. (mostly with my heart)

Edited by LCFalcons19

Oakland 24 Lincoln County 0

That would be nice, but I would be very suprised if the score was that lopsided on either side of the scoreboard. I think both teams are pretty even in all phases, but Oakland's confidence is just thru the roof right now having won a big region contest on the road last night. Another low scoring hard hitting football game should be in the cards for friday night.