Adamsville @ Riverside

cardfan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance, Riverside wins this one.

Yes, there is a chance. A'ville beat houston county which beat Riverside. SO there is a chance. A'ville's defense will be up to the task. The only question is will our offense shoot themselves in the foot. WE controled the entire game against Waverly out gaining them by 60 or so yards depending on whose sheets you look at. Waverly beat Richland who dismantled Riverside. SO I do believe their is a chance. If Riverside comes in overlooking the Cardinals it will be a long night for them. If you take away the stupid mistake by the officials in the first quarter. Waverly never gets into the red zone until the final 3 minutes of the game.

GO CARDS! IT IS TIME TO PLAY LIKE YOU CAN!

Yes, there is a chance. A'ville beat houston county which beat Riverside. SO there is a chance. A'ville's defense will be up to the task. The only question is will our offense shoot themselves in the foot. WE controled the entire game against Waverly out gaining them by 60 or so yards depending on whose sheets you look at. Waverly beat Richland who dismantled Riverside. SO I do believe their is a chance. If Riverside comes in overlooking the Cardinals it will be a long night for them. If you take away the stupid mistake by the officials in the first quarter. Waverly never gets into the red zone until the final 3 minutes of the game.

GO CARDS! IT IS TIME TO PLAY LIKE YOU CAN!

Adamsville didn't dominate Waverly obviously, look at the score. Yes they had about 60 more yards, but that doesn't mean that you dominated them. Besides, Waverly struggled more on offense due to the fact that their star running back JT Blue didn't play because of an injury. I do think though that Adamsville wins this one (Riverside), if they will leave Shoate on the line and not tire him at running back.

Edited by papatiger

Actually, the messed up punt thing you are referring to, it happened on Waverly's first punt. Not the one the refs messed up one, but good try. A-ville does have a chance, and will win

Yes it was Waverly's first punt. The first one was caught and being returned when the official inadvertantly blew his whistle (as evidenced by both hands on his head). The conference held that they replay the down, ad then we went braindead and tried to field a punt one the 2 yard line. It could have all been avoided if we had made the smart play, but.....

Good luck to you guys next week.

well if aville did run the game then they shoulda won, but i also heard that there were 2 punt returns by the tigers that got calld back.....and both we either close or were a td...dont know much bout it but did hear that the refs calld bad on those as well.....but if adamsville can watch the fumbles and keep theyr head straight they may jus inch away with the win in this game....if not riverside could take it...should be a close game, not a good one but a close one...

Adamsville: 9

Riverside: 7

well if aville did run the game then they shoulda won, but i also heard that there were 2 punt returns by the tigers that got calld back.....and both we either close or were a td...dont know much bout it but did hear that the refs calld bad on those as well.....but if adamsville can watch the fumbles and keep theyr head straight they may jus inch away with the win in this game....if not riverside could take it...should be a close game, not a good one but a close one...

Adamsville: 9

Riverside: 7

I would agree that the crew that was at the Wavo/A'ville game had some issues, but if you look at film you will see both blocks in the back on those punt returns. I did not necessarily agree with te first one looked like that kid got a raw deal, but the personal foul was for a shove after the whistle. Gotta flag those.

I would like to say that I thought the Waverly kids did play as goodsports. Neither team reallly got too far out of hand.