SOUTH SIDE VS JCM

footballfan99

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The years i played and the years i helped out on the sidelines for the Hawks i never heard Jerry say much to the refs. It must be something that he started doing or it comes with age. I just want to say good luck to each team and let the best team win.

I`ve only been around him the last 4 or 5 years. I didn`t mean it to be anything negative. The only reason I mentioned it is because it`s not even close to any other coach. It may just be a JCM thing..who knows? :)I agree...Good Luck to both teams.

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

You are right, Arment is no Towater, he's better. He's smart and thinks fast on his feet and has a better arm. I was around to see the 2000 team and I don't think they were any better, defensively, but I do think they were better offensively. The only one who went to college and continued to play all four years was Brent McNeal and maybe Myles. The rest either didn't finish, got hurt, etc. I don't think offers is what makes a player, its the actual player! The 2002 team got offers, but most several of the kids couldn't get accepted due to low ACT scores. Nonetheless, this is a great team. A great group of kids who really know what a "team" is and that is a lot to be proud of.

You are sadly mistaken. Towater took the reigns as a sophmore and never looked back. I'm not taking anything away from Arment, but if you really think he has proven he is better in a handful of games you must know the guy real well. Everyone who goes to church with the kid would vote him for Heisman right now if they could. LOL. As for this team's D being better than 2000...who knows what will happen but just remember that the 2000 D set almost every record at SS. And that was after loosing Jabari and Slim. As for the guys that went to college Brent and Keith have played for 4 yrs. Big Myles started and played 4 and won a championship one of those yrs. Dylan was the starting MLB at Murry St. There are others that played elsewhere that I forgot to mention. Point being this, 2000 beat Milan twice on the road, beat JCM, played Crockett County in one of the most hard fought games I've ever seen, Had to travel across the state to beat Page who was 9-1 at the time, then had to beat Marshall Co. who was 12-0 at the time. This year's team might be good (and I hope they are), but it seems people are putting the cart before the horse. Good luck SS, but don't get too cocky yet.

You are sadly mistaken. Towater took the reigns as a sophmore and never looked back. I'm not taking anything away from Arment, but if you really think he has proven he is better in a handful of games you must know the guy real well. Everyone who goes to church with the kid would vote him for Heisman right now if they could. LOL. As for this team's D being better than 2000...who knows what will happen but just remember that the 2000 D set almost every record at SS. And that was after loosing Jabari and Slim. As for the guys that went to college Brent and Keith have played for 4 yrs. Big Myles started and played 4 and won a championship one of those yrs. Dylan was the starting MLB at Murry St. There are others that played elsewhere that I forgot to mention. Point being this, 2000 beat Milan twice on the road, beat JCM, played Crockett County in one of the most hard fought games I've ever seen, Had to travel across the state to beat Page who was 9-1 at the time, then had to beat Marshall Co. who was 12-0 at the time. This year's team might be good (and I hope they are), but it seems people are putting the cart before the horse. Good luck SS, but don't get too cocky yet.

Not being cocky. Actually, you are mistaken. As for the kids going to college, several of those you mentioned never finished or transferred and didn't play. As for Arment, no, don't know him personally, but have seen him play for several years. Of course, we will see. But, they need not compare themselves to other players to be a good team. Seems like most everyone else is putting the cart before the horse when they compare them to other players. Let them be themselves and support them for it. Let others give them compliments and mean it.

Not being cocky. Actually, you are mistaken. As for the kids going to college, several of those you mentioned never finished or transferred and didn't play. As for Arment, no, don't know him personally, but have seen him play for several years. Of course, we will see. But, they need not compare themselves to other players to be a good team. Seems like most everyone else is putting the cart before the horse when they compare them to other players. Let them be themselves and support them for it. Let others give them compliments and mean it.

I`m hoping Arment is looking up at the stars most of the night. :rolleyes: