Whitwell @ Marion

TNbBall23

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey where is that MCROADWARRIOR and if i have your name right where have you been and what is your prediction on the game. :lol:

I usually make my predictions on Friday morning but since Farmboy is calling me out I will go ahead and summarize my prediction.

Coming off the loss to Tyner last week, I look for them to come out hungry for a win and looking for redemption Friday night. This game may be close for a quarter, but I look for Marion to pull ahead after that. Whitwell is playing well on D, but IMO their O is still suspect and Marion’s D will be the best they have faced so far.

Based on what I witnessed on the Grace/Whitwell game, I look for Marion’s air attack to have a big night, so tune in the air ways!!

MCRoadwarrior’s pick,

Marion 34

Whitwell 7

Go Warriors!

I think you're missing hte point htough....whitwell has played schools that are a clssification and in the case of grundy two classifications above them........jasper is a 2A they should be competing against 2A schools because they have 2A talent.....Im saying Whitwell has schedule all of their non region games against higher classification teams....including your beloved grundy.........comapring schedules and common oppents really proves nothing....we all know its on the field that counts I hope to see an exciting and well played game on friday

nathan powell

I think you're missing hte point htough....whitwell has played schools that are a clssification and in the case of grundy two classifications above them........jasper is a 2A they should be competing against 2A schools because they have 2A talent.....Im saying Whitwell has schedule all of their non region games against higher classification teams....including your beloved grundy.........comapring schedules and common oppents really proves nothing....we all know its on the field that counts I hope to see an exciting and well played game on friday

nathan powell

You can play all the AA or AAA teams you want but if your playing the weaker teams of those 2 classifications then your really not playing that great of a schedule...Marion has played a team from NC and played Boyd(beat them) and lost to Tyner, not sure who else they play....Whitwell has played Bledsoe, Sequatchie, Grace, Grundy, and Copper Basin...IMO thats not a very tough schedule...Marion has played Murphy,NC, Boyd, Grundy, and Tyner...That schedule seems tougher to me..

nathan powell

I dont really think you understand your own point. Grundy is a 3A school that plays like a 1A school year in and year out , even with the mentoring of Colquitte.Lets face it Whitwell & Marion is a money game. Its played because its a inter-county rival game and it draws a big crowd.

I can agree with both of the above responses true whitwell doesnt play tyner and boyd and congrats on jasper beating boyd and playing tyner.....im just saying playing teams 1 and 2 classifications up is great for a single A program......having no non region games against smaller schools is to be commended......its the same thing as jasper playing up and beating soddy and baylor and those guys in 96.......im not saying whitwell is playing that caliber of schedule all im saying is the non region schedule against larger schools can only make us better within our region regardless of the outcome of those games

You can play all the AA or AAA teams you want but if your playing the weaker teams of those 2 classifications then your really not playing that great of a schedule...Marion has played a team from NC and played Boyd(beat them) and lost to Tyner, not sure who else they play....Whitwell has played Bledsoe, Sequatchie, Grace, Grundy, and Copper Basin...IMO thats not a very tough schedule...Marion has played Murphy,NC, Boyd, Grundy, and Tyner...That schedule seems tougher to me..

I agree Whitwell has not played as tough of a schedule as Marion. Marion wins this easily. Whitwell has no D.

I can agree with both of the above responses true whitwell doesnt play tyner and boyd and congrats on jasper beating boyd and playing tyner.....im just saying playing teams 1 and 2 classifications up is great for a single A program......having no non region games against smaller schools is to be commended......its the same thing as jasper playing up and beating soddy and baylor and those guys in 96.......im not saying whitwell is playing that caliber of schedule all im saying is the non region schedule against larger schools can only make us better within our region regardless of the outcome of those games

True, they do have to play against some "tougher" competition by playing AA and AAA schools, because Whitwell's region is very weak....

I agree Whitwell has not played as tough of a schedule as Marion. Marion wins this easily. Whitwell has no D.

I think Whitwell has a good run defense, but there passing defense is not that great....

True, they do have to play against some "tougher" competition by playing AA and AAA schools, because Whitwell's region is very weak....

I think Whitwell has a good run defense, but there passing defense is not that great....

So what is 2-3a's record against 1- 3a's? I think this very weak region is undefeated. So what does that say about your region if 1-3a is weak.