Knox West vs Mo west?

YezZir99

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the might be the game of the week in east tennessee.

There is no doubt it is a big game. I for one am excited to see how MoWest stacks up against a fine Knox program. The team speed last year was amazing on KnoxWest.

However, we have a very strong, quick, and deteremined defensive unit. If we can control the line of scrimmage, then KnoxWest's speed will not have as much of an effect. We have been able to play very physically the last four and I do not see that changing in this game.

Our offense has come together and made the plays that needed to be made. The last two games we worked on aspects that may or may not be used that much in the KnoxWest game. Our backs are quick and #40 is as strong as they come. The Oline is gellling and working better as a unit.

I believe it will be a close game and can say for sure that West will come out on top :o . I hope it will be MoWest and believe we can do it, but that is why the game is played.

I don't really know how you can ask whether or not Mo West can keep up with Knox West's O? Mo West has been averagin over 40 points a game so i dont really know whether or not i would say can they keep up. I would say which defense can get more stops

I think you are right. I expect a shoot out with the winner being the defense that makes the crucial stop. It is hard to judge MoWest due to the overwhelming wins, ie, are we that good or are the opponents not very good? It is also hard to judge Knox West because of the loses. They were to two good teams and were close. So, this is a case where the record does not allow either team to make statement based on the past.

I still think MoWest will be up and extremely motivated. I maybe looking through crimson glasses, but I feel we will pull it out.

Edited by leectn

Come now guys halls is always a mediocre team. Beating them made no impression on no one. Motown has lost one game in two years and still no credit for anything from anyone. Motown has a very good run defense and some very athletic D ends and linebackers. They will play a huge factor in the game.

Has Mowest played anyone with decent athletes yet? im not sure

It is not a matter of athletes. It is a matter of playing winning football. Discipline, desire and the lack of mistakes is what wins football games. Knox West has had issues with these principles in the past. Now if they play like they are capable, I don't see Morristown winning. However, which team is going to show up tonight for Knox West? Disciplined or Undisciplined.

So what do you guys think? Is Motown going to keep it rolling or is Knox West going to bring in the upset.

MWest 28

KWest 34

I did not realize we were the favorite. Everyone at MoWest is looking at us being the underdog with something to prove. Perhaps we are incorrect in that perception, but whatever it takes to make us play.

The only intangible is Knox West quarterback vs. MoWest defensive backs. They have played well, but we have not faced the caliber player of Ryan. If MoWest is able to shut down the passing game, I do not see Knox being able to run at will against our defense. I do believe it will be close, but I see MoWest pulling it out. I may be proven wrong, but have to support the home team.

Some stats (not enough, but all I can find):

MoWest averages 43 ppg while giving up 7 ppg; Knox West averages 35.75 ppg (aided heavly by a 55 point effort against Halls) while giving up 19 ppg. MoWest opponents have a combine 3-14 record while Knox has 10-11 (most of Mo opponents have played 4 games and Knox have played 5 games). Both teams seem to be very even, but I still think Mo will pull it out in the end.

Edited by leectn