Halls vs. Karns

littlemn88

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game tonight....Sloppy and ugly but good as far as the game because 2 teams that have had a rough start to the year. Are there any other games tonight or are all the other still going to be held tomorrow night? I think this one will come down to who will capitalize on the other teams mistakes(turnovers) and my boy O'Kicker I think will be the difference in a low scoring sloppy game. I think my first prediction was 13-10 but if not then im changing it to that.

Halls-13

Karns-10

As Always....Go Big Red!

Any news on the game, I couldnt attend, Had a big meeting at work so ya know. Let me know the winner

Halls-24

Karns-14

Halls had a few to many turnovers but beat a decent at best Karns team. Dayton and Kitts both had TD's and I forget who the other one was and O'Kicker had a 39 yard field goal. Halls fumbled an exchange from Cooper to one of the tailbacks and Karns scored off the fumble and went up 6-0 and didnt score again until about 6 minutes left in the game and to make it 24-14. Karns offense is very stagnent. Im sure other people will give more details.

As Always....Go Big Red!

I thought the first half of this game we did everything right except for the opening fumble. Cooper was on a roll he scored the other touchdown on a Qb sneak and didn't throw a incompletion all night. I think he was 7-7.Kitts ran hard all night and had over 100 yards rushing Dayton had over a hundred yards receiving in the first half. But we have to clean up all the errors. I think we lay the ball on the ground at least four times last night and lost all four Cooper,Kitts & Dayton(2). We can not do that against a team like Powell and come away with a result. What a rollercoaster season. But what I did see was the coaches tried some fresh ideas and although most of the time it wasn't productive it still causes more headaches for opposing defenses to adjust to. A excellent gameplan for this young team last night and the result was a big fat W. Don Ward was at his best last night.

The defense kept Hammontree in check all night and the scores that Karns did execute were really the offenses mistakes more than bad defense. Reese Kelley and Brent Hughes had strong games and Dutton & Carr made great athletic plays too. All around I think KJ will get some needed down time over the weekend before preparing for Clinton at home. Overall the defense looked like a Halls defense should be gang tackling and not letting runners shed tackles like last week. They get a A+.

The more I see 2-3 is not that bad considering the three loses are from quality opponents who will all make the playoffs this year. We still have a chance at a 5-5 or if things really start to pick up maybe a 6-4 season. If we meet either one of these goals it will be a huge lift for this young fledgling program. :)

Reddevil1 I need to take you to Vegas you were all over that 10 point spread. Keep it up.

Edited by ZCAR

The defense kept Hammontree in check all night and the scores that Karns did execute were really the offenses mistakes more than bad defense. Reese Kelley and Brent Hughes had strong games and Dutton & Carr made great athletic plays too. All around I think KJ will get some needed down time over the weekend before preparing for Clinton at home. Overall the defense looked like a Halls defense should be gang tackling and not letting runners shed tackles like last week. They get a A+.

Agreed. The defense was stellar. I think there were at least six sacks (Hughes, Kelly, Dutton, Hodge, J. Leonard and C. Leonard). I was impressed the defense could bounce back like that after the West game. The coaches had an excellent game plan on how to contain Hammontree, who couldn't do much of anything all night. He appeared to be very frustrated and had to come out of the game after getting hit hard so many times in the backfield. I hope he's okay -- he's a good kid.

Looking forward to next week's region game.

Go Devils.

Sometimes when you get taken to the wood shed like Halls did last week you grow up a little. It appears the team responded to coaching this week and beat a Karns team that was very capable of beating Halls. Maybe they are beginning to understand the effort and mental toughness it takes to win on Friday night. I think one example was the early T.D. Karns scored off of a Halls miscue. Instead of turn tail and running Halls responded with 24 unanswered points and a stellar effort by the defense. They didn't play a complete game but they showed some mental and physical toughness. If Halls can build on last nights game they have a shot at the playoffs. 5-5 is certainly possible and if they can upset the mighty Powell Panthers 6-4 will not be out of the question.

Before the Powell guy gets on hear and starts crowing about how there is no way Halls will beat Powell. Big deal! You better be worried about Farragut, and ohhh I can't wait til my Bobcats get ahold of you guys.

Edited by redandblack63

Daniel Hodge and Caleb leonard life long friends have been great and had a great game last night. This team will grow stronger and as the year developes this young group will be tough the contend with going forward. To many playmakers on the defense last night to really single any one out. The whole defense was ready and had a chip on their shoulder. This will be a big confidence builder going into our game with Clinton this week. <_<

Red & Black Amen brother. Preach it preach it. The best I see Powell this year is 4-6 if Farragut's Andre Sterling gets a hold of them tonight. I'll have to admit they have had a very tough schedule to contend with and have a young group finding their feet in key areas. I think both Central & West are way to strong for them this year. I really think the best game on the table remaining besides the Bobcat,Maryville matchup is the Bobcat,West game.

Edited by ZCAR