FAYETTE WARE-HAYWOOD

adamlucas

Both teams have athletes galore, but my gut says coach Thompson has his troops ready for this one. Fayette Ware, 28-6.

Yes..both teams have a lot of athletes. Haywood is just not playing together well as a team. They are capable because they sure got ready for their longtime rival JCM, but Fayette Ware just seems to be clicking better.

FW by 12

This is going to be a very telling game. In years past ... back to 2001, HW has had FW's number. Drubbing them every season. Last year, under coach Thompson's first year ... they lost again to Haywood 35-6. I say that to say this ... you can lose to someone/team so often .... that it gets in your head ... you start to think that you are suppose to lose to them. It has been coach Thompson's obsession, during the course of his tenure there, to re-program the mind-set of the FW football team. If you don't think you will win ... you won't. At the first sign of adversity ... you give in and quit. That mindset is no longer a part of the Fayette Ware football players mentality. It has been replaced with tenacity and ferociousness. As a matter of fact ... I think this FW team beats HW pretty badly, and for 2 purposes. 1.) To send a message to the rest of the region and schools in the surrounding area that FW isn't a fluke. 2.) Most importantly ... to send a message to the FW players themselves, that they are not the door-mats of the past ... they are very good and that they can go really far. I think FW's 'D' results in a HW doughnut on the score board. If HW scores ... they only score once, and that's it. I think FW score at least 4 times if not more. I think FW rolls ... bigtime, and the FW 'D' suffocates HW all night. FW by 4 TD's, at least! If the HW players quit on their coach during the course of the game when it looks like they won't win ... it could get downright ugly.

VolunteerGeneral, I guess you said what I was scared to say. I think the cohesiveness will push FW to victory.

I agree with you crockettfan..........Haywood has lost 4 games out of five with their lone win coming against Manassas and is yet to win a region match up...........with 7AAA as strong as it is ,Haywood has put themselves in a win or stay home situation after only 5 weeks. Haywood still has a tough Obion County team coming up, a powerhouse Dyersburg team, and not to mention the Cavs at Cavalier Stadium. Now im not doubting Haywood by any means because they are chalked full of athletes. Not to mention that they have went against teams with a combined record of 13-3. But its now put up or shut up time in Brownsville. With the schedule not looking any better i say Haywood may have trouble making the playoffs. I say Fayette Ware 28-21!

I`ll say this..Haywood should not be taken lightly. They have the makings of a good team. Who knows what`s happening this week in brownsville at practice? Thay may come out firing on all cylinders. Haywood has blown 2nd half leads against JCM and Dyer County, two pretty good teams. They may come out this week as a ticked off team with something to prove. Watkins is a great player and they have others with size and speed on that team.

Coach Stowe may be on the hot seat in Haywood, so this might be the game he has the Tomcats on the prowl.

I`ll say this..Haywood should not be taken lightly. They have the makings of a good team. Who knows what`s happening this week in brownsville at practice? Thay may come out firing on all cylinders. Haywood has blown 2nd half leads against JCM and Dyer County, two pretty good teams. They may come out this week as a ticked off team with something to prove. Watkins is a great player and they have others with size and speed on that team.

Coach Stowe may be on the hot seat in Haywood, so this might be the game he has the Tomcats on the prowl.

VG, you called this game correctly. Haywood came to play and FW barely won this game. Looking that the stats, it probably could have gone either way ...

At Haywood

FAYETTE-WARE 18, HAYWOOD 16

Fayette-Ware 12 0 0 6 — 18

Haywood 0 14 0 2 — 16

F — Wade Bonner 41 run (kick failed)

F — Wade Bonner 60 punt return (run failed)

H — Bradley Witherspoon 30 run (Effren Aguirre kick)

H — Bradley Witherspoon 2 run (Effren Aguirre kick)

H — safety

F — Wade Bonner 3 run (run failed)

F H

First downs 6 7

Net yards rushing 49 91

Net yards passing 106 33

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — Fayette-Ware, Wade Bonner 17-79. Haywood, Bradley Witherspoon 16-63.

PASSING — Fayette-Ware, Darius Washington 6-10-106-0. Haywood, Bradley Witherspoon 1-2-5-0, Stoots 3-5-28-1.

RECEIVING — Fayette-Ware, Wade Bonner 2-55. Haywood, Ward 3-17.

RECORDS — Fayette-Ware 4-1, Haywood 1-5.

Seems like it was a defensive battle. I had it all wrong. I never imagined that FW would only have 155 yards of total offense. Way to call it VG! I do think that the old, pre-Coach Thompson team, and maybe even last years FW team, would have lost this game. FW has learned to win ugly if need be. That's a good sign for the FW program.

Wade Bonner and Bradley Witherspoon had sensational games didn't they? That's what the stars on the team do in close games. The cream rises to the top!