Father Ryan Getting Some Respect

Ole Dad

Voting for the period following Friday, September 15, 2006.

Total of 32 ballots submitted.

Football

Division II - Class II-AAA

Rank Team Points 1st Place

Votes

1 Baylor 254 8

2 Brentwood Academy 249 4

3 Father Ryan 236 4

4 McCallie 234 15

5 Christian Brothers 213 0

6 MBA 198 1

7 Memphis Univ. School 164 0

8 Briarcrest Christian 116 0

Irish move up to 3rd this week. When is the last time anyone mentioned them in the same sentence as a potential Top 3 team in DII AAA? Congratulations Irish!

Ole Dad

Edited by Ole Dad

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting for the period following Friday, September 15, 2006.

Total of 32 ballots submitted.

Football

Division II - Class II-AAA

Rank Team Points 1st Place

Votes

1 Baylor 254 8

2 Brentwood Academy 249 4

3 Father Ryan 236 4

4 McCallie 234 15

5 Christian Brothers 213 0

6 MBA 198 1

7 Memphis Univ. School 164 0

8 Briarcrest Christian 116 0

Irish move up to 3rd this week. When is the last time anyone mentioned them in the same sentence as a potential Top 3 team in DII AAA? Congratulations Irish!

Ole Dad

Does not matter how you spell it. At this point in the season Baylor has not played anyone.Brentwood Academy/McCallie winner should be 1-2 After that no one has risen to the top. Ryan is still fighting to be that 3rd team. Respect will come after MBA

That was the point. I guess you got it. When was the last time FRHS was "fighting to be that 3rd team"? Ryan has half as many students as MBA and 1/3 as many as McCallie and will be competing on par with them soon enough. In fact, they will beat MBA by 3 touchdowns this year.

Ole Dad

Does not matter how you spell it. At this point in the season Baylor has not played anyone.Brentwood Academy/McCallie winner should be 1-2 After that no one has risen to the top. Ryan is still fighting to be that 3rd team. Respect will come after MBA

Ryan has half as many students as MBA and 1/3 as many as McCallie and will be competing on par with them soon enough.

To clarify:

In the high schools of each school, Ryan has more students than MBA and McCallie. Adjusting for the single sex status of MBA and McCallie (i.e., doubling the enrollments), Ryan is still larger than MBA classification-wise, and is about 3/4 (not 1/3) the size of McCallie.

Link

That poll is just not accurate at this point in the season.....Clearly McCallie and BA are the top two teams....the rest (except Briarcrest) will fight it out for the 3rd spot.......Ryan better get mentally prepared for the Centennial game...In some ways , it will be their most difficult game to get ready for so far......QB Ryan Blair is still questionable with bruised ribs although Jr. Justin Guidry filled in admirably last week....It`s fools gold to ever look past your next opponent.

I thought that Father Ryan played Centennial this week not MBA. Why all the talk about MBA?

The question was for respect. I do not think Ryan should be respected till they play MBA. then we will seeWhat the Irish are going to do. I think the Irish should play one game at a time. But as far as getting Respect. It will be after the MBA game before I would consider them a Top team in DII

How is the Father Ryan QB? Didn't he get hurt a week or so ago?

Ryan Blair if pressed into action I feel could have player Against Briarcrest. I feel real strong that he will play This Friday. I do not think he will play a lot but should start.

If you're not able to read the posts and understand the thread then go to another activity. Everyone here understood the thread but you. Just making one line comments is not a productive input and is not appreciated by anyone.

Ole Dad

I thought that Father Ryan played Centennial this week not MBA. Why all the talk about MBA?

Edited by Ole Dad

Roll,

Thanks for the info. That was helpful.

Ole Dad

To clarify:

In the high schools of each school, Ryan has more students than MBA and McCallie. Adjusting for the single sex status of MBA and McCallie (i.e., doubling the enrollments), Ryan is still larger than MBA classification-wise, and is about 3/4 (not 1/3) the size of McCallie.

Link