How many UNDEFEATED teams left in the State.

NeWbLuE

First of all, Saprissista, just because you haven't seen MC players playing club doesn't mean that they don't. Second of all, what would have been wrong with a Harpeth vs. MC final?? What?? No Fairview?? Thirdly, I would say it was a fluke that you guys won. Granted, I know that both teams played in the same conditions, but honestly, MC had more shots on goal, kept the ball mostly on your side of the field, and MC definitely wasn't fouling every chance they got. They just couldn't put it in the net, but they had you guys on your heals. And what's with marking a key player like Michelle Johnson (#17)?? Couldn't play her straight up?? Frankly, I can't wait till tomorrow at 11 because CA is going to take it to you, so get ready for them!!

Marking your best player is called smart soccer. Over the last 2 years each team scored 3 goals each. Pretty evan matches. MC had a man advantage for 23 minutes, couldn't score and gave up a goal. The game was no fluke. Two good teams played a very tough game.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Saprissista, just because you haven't seen MC players playing club doesn't mean that they don't. Second of all, what would have been wrong with a Harpeth vs. MC final?? What?? No Fairview?? Thirdly, I would say it was a fluke that you guys won. Granted, I know that both teams played in the same conditions, but honestly, MC had more shots on goal, kept the ball mostly on your side of the field, and MC definitely wasn't fouling every chance they got. They just couldn't put it in the net, but they had you guys on your heals. And what's with marking a key player like Michelle Johnson (#17)?? Couldn't play her straight up?? Frankly, I can't wait till tomorrow at 11 because CA is going to take it to you, so get ready for them!!

Sounds like sour grapes, you should move on and support your teams in the regions.

At this point, I believe in A/AA, there are now two teams remaining that are undefeated -- Notre Dame and CAK. If both keep winning, it looks like that they will meet in a semi final match. It should be a GREAT game.

A Great season for Montgomery Central. Your one defeat (at the worst possible time) prevents you from going to the Tournament. Since you had caught so much heat on this board, I was pulling for you, if for no other reason that to shut up a few of the posters on CoachT. Soccerstar, your original post on this thread was a classy post. Don't let others pull you down into the gutter. While disappointed, I hope you and your teammates could celebrate the great season (was it the best in your team's history?).

Edited by DonCChatt

At this point, I believe in A/AA, there are now two teams remaining that are undefeated -- Notre Dame and CAK. If both keep winning, it looks like that they will meet in a semi final match. It should be a GREAT game.

A Great season for Montgomery Central. Your one defeat (at the worst possible time) prevents you from going to the Tournament. Since you had caught so much heat on this board, I was pulling for you, if for no other reason that to shut up a few of the posters on CoachT. Soccerstar, your original post on this thread was a classy post. Don't let others pull you down into the gutter. While disappointed, I hope you and your teammates could celebrate the great season (was it the best in your team's history?).

I've been trying so hard to stay positive and keep my head up for my teammates and I, but when I get bashed on here and/or anywhere else it's just hard to keep my composure at times. My teammates and I will celebrate a great season (and victory in our eyes), and yes it was the best in our girl's team history. I'm totally appreciative of what our team accomplished this year. I would like to apologize if I sounded, in any way, shrewd. Thanks DonCChatt for the encouragement.

Perhaps you should read closer, when i said i was surprised that i have never seen any of you playng club, i followed it with "you should!". That means i think that you have some good players, and that i was impressed because, since i hadn't seen any of you in the club scene, it seemed like that talent was cultivated without help from higher level coaching and competition that comes with playing club--a testament to your teams work ethic and training. That would normally be interpreted as a compliment.

What would be wrong with a Harpeth vs. MC final? You were exactly right, no Fairview. I'm on Fairview's team, so naturally i wanted to be in the final. You seem to have a problem with the Clarksville Academy vs. Fairview Final b/c your team wasn't in it. Should i hope for my team to lose? Should you hope for your team to lose? No. However, I would have been able to take a loss in the semifinal with better sportsmanship than i witnessed your fans and players doing. I wouldn't have come to the final to heckle and abuse the players on the team that knocked mine out of the tournament as some of you guys did on Saturday. If you had beaten us, i would have accepted it and moved on, and hoped that you win the final because that would mean that my team had lost to the best team in the district. It's better than losing to the runner up don't you think?

Also, you seem upset that we marked your best player. It's called tactics. If you play a team with a player who has scored in about every game they have played, the smart thing to do is mark her, so she doesn't score on you. Mont. Central marked our leading scorer for the whole game when we played them in the reg. season and shut her down. It was the smart thing to do, she didn't score, and they won 3-1. We marked your best player, she didn't score, we did, we won. Tactics. It's how games are won. It's not cheating, so i would have to say that we played her straight up. You had more shots, you had a one man advantage for 25 minutes in the second half, we capitalized on our chances, you didn't and so we won. I guess i would be surprised that my team didn't win if we had way more shots and a one man advantage too, so i understand your frustration.

Well, "tomorrow at 11' has come and gone, but CA didn't take it to us. They missed more PK's than we did, we scored more PK's than they did. We won fair and square. Or was that win a fluke too?

You guys had a great season, don't sully your accomplishments with poor sportsmanship and bitterness. Just be proud you did as well as you did and move on. It sounds to me like you have a lot more to be proud of (school record for wins!) than to complain about.

Perhaps you should read closer, when i said i was surprised that i have never seen any of you playng club, i followed it with "you should!". That means i think that you have some good players, and that i was impressed because, since i hadn't seen any of you in the club scene, it seemed like that talent was cultivated without help from higher level coaching and competition that comes with playing club--a testament to your teams work ethic and training. That would normally be interpreted as a compliment.

What would be wrong with a Harpeth vs. MC final? You were exactly right, no Fairview. I'm on Fairview's team, so naturally i wanted to be in the final. You seem to have a problem with the Clarksville Academy vs. Fairview Final b/c your team wasn't in it. Should i hope for my team to lose? Should you hope for your team to lose? No. However, I would have been able to take a loss in the semifinal with better sportsmanship than i witnessed your fans and players doing. I wouldn't have come to the final to heckle and abuse the players on the team that knocked mine out of the tournament as some of you guys did on Saturday. If you had beaten us, i would have accepted it and moved on, and hoped that you win the final because that would mean that my team had lost to the best team in the district. It's better than losing to the runner up don't you think?

Also, you seem upset that we marked your best player. It's called tactics. If you play a team with a player who has scored in about every game they have played, the smart thing to do is mark her, so she doesn't score on you. Mont. Central marked our leading scorer for the whole game when we played them in the reg. season and shut her down. It was the smart thing to do, she didn't score, and they won 3-1. We marked your best player, she didn't score, we did, we won. Tactics. It's how games are won. It's not cheating, so i would have to say that we played her straight up. You had more shots, you had a one man advantage for 25 minutes in the second half, we capitalized on our chances, you didn't and so we won. I guess i would be surprised that my team didn't win if we had way more shots and a one man advantage too, so i understand your frustration.

Well, "tomorrow at 11' has come and gone, but CA didn't take it to us. They missed more PK's than we did, we scored more PK's than they did. We won fair and square. Or was that win a fluke too?

You guys had a great season, don't sully your accomplishments with poor sportsmanship and bitterness. Just be proud you did as well as you did and move on. It sounds to me like you have a lot more to be proud of (school record for wins!) than to complain about.

The game against Fairview and CA was a good game but there was no reason for your goalie to say that and then again for us to say stuff about your players but i wish you guys luck on the next team you play!