How many UNDEFEATED teams left in the State.

NeWbLuE

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MC still going strong at 10-0-0 outscoring opponents 57-0.

Looking at Eurosportscoreboard.com, in their 10 victories, they have played against 1 team with a winning record. Looks like they might face two more schools with winning records in their regular season.

Until they beat some quality school, you can't really tell if they are for real or not. Their test probably won't come until probably regional. There, they will have to face the likes of FRA, DCA and/or CPA. If they make it past regions, then people will start to give them the credit they will deserve.

While this is a thread about undefeated teams, DonC has a point. MC, be proud in your accomplishments, but realize that your true "grit" will be challenged when you play in regions. I wish you luck.

BigG, do you think being undefeated helps or hurts a team going into the tournament? Or does it even matter? Does it add negative pressure that otherwise would not be there? Can you sense it and potentially deflect this as a coach?

BigG, do you think being undefeated helps or hurts a team going into the tournament? Or does it even matter? Does it add negative pressure that otherwise would not be there? Can you sense it and potentially deflect this as a coach?

Personally, I think it actually hurts you more than it helps. My guys team was 10-0 going into the end of the season 2 years ago. Long story short, Webb beat us 1-0 and Farragut DESTROYED us 5-1. Man, did that help my players get their heads on straight, and knocked that arrogance right out of us. I tried to tell them that no matter how good you are, there is always someone out there who is better. Don't get cocky... there is such a fine line between cockiness and confidence, which you really do need to succeed.

Zeek, it's like a #1 ranking. Being undefeated and ranking on top looks awesome on paper and on coach T, but BOY does that put a HUGE monkey on your back (as well as a HUGE target). EVERYONE wants to be that team that beats the #1 or the one loss on an unblemished season. It is almost like, they have nothing to lose, and you have "everything" to lose. It might not be correct, but that is the feeling that goes into their heads.

I can tell you that some of the best motivators in the past 4 seasons have been losses. Lenoir City Region finals, Farragut, Catholic district finals, and even Gibbs 5 years ago.

It was almost a relief when we lost that game to Webb that year. Now, we didn't have to focus on 2 things, just the one.

Teams need to remember that you can be 0-8 in your district before the tournament, and still win the state title (look at CCS that made it to the state finals with a losing record!) OR you can be one of the greatest teams in the state and lose in an upset (Boy's Notre Dame team last season). Focus on the prize at the end of your season, and use the trials of the wins and losses to make you better.

Just some words of questionable wisdom from an old man... take them for what they are worth.

One of Chattanooga's unbeatens should fall tonight...ofcourse unless they tie. Baylor and Notre Dame play at Baylor tonight at 7:00. Baylor now stands at 13-0-1 and has won 13 straight. I think Notre Dame is 11-0-2. Should be a great game.

Baylor and Notre Dame fought to a 0-0 tie, so both remain undefeated. Baylor outshot ND, but the ND defense did a great job preventing any goals.