Independence at Brentwood

kickgrass

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The distric is based upon school enrollment, for example for the last 5 years, spring hill was in franklin's distric, and when enrollment droped, it went back to playing in a lower distric.

I don't think that is correct... enrollment has to do with classification, not with district divisions. (I may be wrong, though)

tssaa has absolutely nothing to do with seeding and how a district determines it's champion and runner-up.

A district could name the champion based on flips of a coin, # of corner kicks, best hair. . . whatever they want.

If the #1 team from the "weak" division plays the #4 team in the "strong division", and if all of the teams from the "strong" division are better than the "weak" teams, you essentially have #1 playing #8, #2 playing #7, etc.

This actually hurts the #1 "weak" team if they are better than a few of the "strong teams. They then should play someone possibly behind them instead of the "strong" team.

Got all that?

A few years ago it made (a little) sense to split the district because Independence was a new team, so they were put on the side of "weaker" teams. The "real" reason behind the split was so that Brentwood/Franklin wouldn't have to waste a game playing Hillsboro/Overton (I mean no disrespect to those teams!) And so that Hillsboro/Overton wouldn't get massively defeated 12-0 against those stronger teams. I think it's time to have 1 "real" district again. Ravenwood and Independence aren't young teams anymore. The are both contenders in the most competitive district in the state!