5A Mr. Football

rhsplaya55

Josh Jasper has missed 4 field goals. Dobyns Bennet Kicker Mikey Alley is 5 of 6 two over forty with a long of 44 and 36 total points for the year through 6 games.

And your point IS......?????

Has this other kicker broken any records?

Jasper is 3 short of breaking the state record...probably will happen this weekend and still a lot of football to go!!!!!

Has this kicker gotten any offers?

Oh, wait....Jasper is going to LSU...

yea...

Ranked 4th in the country as a kicker by ESPN!!!!

What is the other guys name again? I'll try to keep up with him.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jasper is 3 short of breaking the state record...probably will happen this weekend and still a lot of football to go!!!!!

yea...

Roderick Davis......

Jeremy Perry.......

Best Passing duo in the state

agreed bg it will be tough for anyone to stop those two...maybe some double teams oming his way (still dont knwo if that will work)

Would'nt it be nice if we were one big county like S. Panola.

Then we would have Perry , Davis, Cathey, Crawford, & Jasper all on the same team.

Thats how S. Panola goes 4 years without losing.

BG

Just curious,I was looking on tssaa web site at past Mr.Football winners,I only saw last years kicker of year listed.Was that the first year for that award?I think it does mean a little more with it being all classes combined?

playa55 you coming home for homecoming this weekend?

it was not the first year i think it was maybe the 3rd or 4th...it definitely means a lot being only one award for every class in the entire state

ill definitely be there this weekend...wont be in the booth coaching this time though im going to try to enjoy myself this weekend (UT-Mempho game Saturday is going to be CRAZY!)

...........My point is that Mikey Alley is having a better season so far. Is this award for career achievement or for the 2006 season?

-

...........No records, Mikey kicked on JV last year 5 of 6 fgs with long of 47...

-

..........What is the state record???

-

.........Just a few contacts as of now; Mikey needs to continue with his good season. Will probably have some offers from soccer too. Time will tell...

-

yea...

.........Jasper is a great kicker

-

.........Mikey Alley... Kingsport Dobyns Bennett High School

Here are the stats through 5 games for the three ridgeway players listed earlier:

RB Aaron Crawford- 93 carries/874 yards/9.4 ypc/174.8 ypg/4 receptions/

128 yards/32 ypc/25.6 ypg/11 total TD/1 2pt. conversion

DE Dasmine Cathey- 43 tackles/12 sacks/32 solo tackles/1 pass deflected/ 1 blocked FG

K Josh Jasper- 9 FGA/5 FGM (long of 52)/16 of 16 PAT's/31 total points (2 FG's away form breaking state career record)

Are these guys the frotnrunners? Anyone else have stats on their favorites?

rhsplaya55:

How many yards do you think AC has at the end of the regular season? He already has 874 in 5 games of play. If he doesn't get injured, how many do you think he gets? The remainder of the schedule is Bartlett, Millington, Craigmont, Raleigh Egypt, Cordova, & Memphis Overton. Baring a serious injury, I think he gains anywhere from 850 - 1000 yards in the last half of the season. I think he finishes with a bare minimum of 1,700 yards this season. Yes ... I am taking into account the stacked defenses he will face. How many yards did he have at the end of last year. Regular season, without the playoff yards added in ... was it 1,700 or 1,800? I hope he wins the 5A award, I think he will have earned it.

rhsplaya55:

How many yards do you think AC has at the end of the regular season? He already has 874 in 5 games of play. If he doesn't get injured, how many do you think he gets? The remainder of the schedule is Bartlett, Millington, Craigmont, Raleigh Egypt, Cordova, & Memphis Overton. Baring a serious injury, I think he gains anywhere from 850 - 1000 yards in the last half of the season. I think he finishes with a bare minimum of 1,700 yards this season. Yes ... I am taking into account the stacked defenses he will face. How many yards did he have at the end of last year. Regular season, without the playoff yards added in ... was it 1,700 or 1,800? I hope he wins the 5A award, I think he will have earned it.

kwc,

AC had around 1700 or 1800 last year at the end of the regular season (mom will email the official stats to me and i will post htem for you later tongiht), but those yards were a system of circumstance. For instance:

1)Against Horn Lake (Game 2)- Inujred hand on a big hit and played only about 5 plays after the half with the game well in hand.

2)Against Central (Game 3)- Became dehydrated by the 2nd quarter and didn't play another down.

3)Against Bartlett (Game 6)- Became dehydrated and did't finish the 1st quarter (in a game where he had 9 carries for 218 yards and 2TD's halfway through the first)

4)Most of Ridgeway's games were won by at least 20+ points last year so as you can imagine he was out byt he late 3rd early 4th of many of those games.

I compleely agree that the award should elong to him. He works/runs harder than any other back I've seen. And the biggest reason I think he deserves this is because he is so humble. When he scores/has a big run he is always the first to thank the linemen (I know it sounds cliche, but if you don't believe me watch the Wooddale game form last year). He is just a great kid and was a pleasure to block for last year and he almost carried our team to a title. The award should be his.