5A Mr. Football

rhsplaya55

I compleely agree that the award should elong to him. He works/runs harder than any other back I've seen. And the biggest reason I think he deserves this is because he is so humble. When he scores/has a big run he is always the first to thank the linemen (I know it sounds cliche, but if you don't believe me watch the Wooddale game form last year). He is just a great kid and was a pleasure to block for last year and he almost carried our team to a title. The award should be his.

A great player but more important a great person from what I have seen,I went up to him after a recent game to shake his hand and congratulate him on a great game and he was thanking me for coming out to the game.Not too many high school kids are going to do that.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rhsplaya55:

How many yards do you think AC has at the end of the regular season? He already has 874 in 5 games of play. If he doesn't get injured, how many do you think he gets? The remainder of the schedule is Bartlett, Millington, Craigmont, Raleigh Egypt, Cordova, & Memphis Overton. Baring a serious injury, I think he gains anywhere from 850 - 1000 yards in the last half of the season. I think he finishes with a bare minimum of 1,700 yards this season. Yes ... I am taking into account the stacked defenses he will face. How many yards did he have at the end of last year. Regular season, without the playoff yards added in ... was it 1,700 or 1,800? I hope he wins the 5A award, I think he will have earned it.

Crawford actually only had about 1650-1700 through the regular season alst year...rhs really turned it on in the playoffs as he ended up with 2200+.

Here are the stats through 5 games for the three ridgeway players listed earlier:

RB Aaron Crawford- 93 carries/874 yards/9.4 ypc/174.8 ypg/4 receptions/

128 yards/32 ypc/25.6 ypg/11 total TD/1 2pt. conversion

DE Dasmine Cathey- 43 tackles/12 sacks/32 solo tackles/1 pass deflected/ 1 blocked FG

K Josh Jasper- 9 FGA/5 FGM (long of 52)/16 of 16 PAT's/31 total points (2 FG's away form breaking state career record)

Are these guys the frotnrunners? Anyone else have stats on their favorites?

rhsplaya55:

I need your help. I see the game stats from the Ridgeway vs Bartlett game in Saturday's paper has Aaron Crawford with 238 yards on 16 carries. As far as Josh Jasper is concerned, I see where he had 5 PAT's and 1 FG from 47 yards out. I also read he missed one from 55 yards out. Too bad on that one! What kind of game stats did Dasmine Cathey have? The CA doesn't give those kinds of stats.

AC's updated stats .... 109 carries/1112.0 yards/10.2 ypc/185.33 ypg/15 TD's with the same reception and 2 pt. conversion stats.

JJ's updated stats ... 11 FGA/6 FGM ... 21 of 21 PAT's/39 total points (1 FG away from breaking state career record)

Did I leave anything out?

rhsplaya55:

I need your help. I see the game stats from the Ridgeway vs Bartlett game in Saturday's paper has Aaron Crawford with 238 yards on 16 carries. As far as Josh Jasper is concerned, I see where he had 5 PAT's and 1 FG from 47 yards out. I also read he missed one from 55 yards out. Too bad on that one! What kind of game stats did Dasmine Cathey have? The CA doesn't give those kinds of stats.

AC's updated stats .... 109 carries/1112.0 yards/10.2 ypc/185.33 ypg/15 TD's with the same reception and 2 pt. conversion stats.

JJ's updated stats ... 11 FGA/6 FGM ... 21 of 21 PAT's/39 total points (1 FG away from breaking state career record)

Did I leave anything out?

kwc,

jasper's miss was into about a 15 mph wind and came up a few yards short...Dasmine had I believe 6 or 7 tackles, but no sacks because Bartlett didn't hold the ball but for about 3-4 seconds before the qb got rid of it. By the way Crawford's stats are all in the first half and one play into the third when he tweaked his ankle and didn't play the rest fo the night...we are jsut hoping he'll be ready by friday

Edited by rhsplaya55

kwc,

jasper's miss was into about a 15 mph wind and came up a few yards short...Dasmine had I believe 6 or 7 tackles, but no sacks because Bartlett didn't hold the ball but for about 3-4 seconds before the qb got rid of it. By the way Crawford's stats are all in the first half and one play into the third when he tweaked his ankle and didn't play the rest fo the night...we are jsut hoping he'll be ready by friday

rhsplaya55:

Thanks for the response. If you can, get some "official" Dasmine stats for us.

if this was based on stats i'd nominate

William Le-Hawkins

Michael Goins

and Josh Graham because they all have great stats and play for my team

but this isn't all about stats so as it is i'll prob. have to go with

Scott Thomas if riverdale beats smyrna

Grey if smyrna beats riverdale

i know i have a middle tennessee bias but that is what i see every week

AC's updated stats should be

Rush: 108 carries/1110 yards/10.3ypc/185 ypg/15 TD's/1 2PAT-R

Rec: 4-128yds

JJ - actually needs 1 to tie the career record, 2 to break