Lookout Valley

StateStarved

As a freshmen and partially sophomore, I played for the Jackets. That team went 1-9. I later transferred to Notre Dame, but still kept track of my old team, and saw them suffer at least one 0-10 season. Now last year I got really excited to see them finish with a winning record, and that motivated me to go watch them play this year. I thought maybe their loss to Temple was a sign of a bad second half, but losing to South Pittsburg 0-56 was sad. LV is 2-2 now, but I haven't seen them beat anybody noteworthy. Was last year's 7-3 team a fluke?

I wonder, will this team ever stablish themselves as a respected strong football team, or is this little school going to be stuck forever in reaching at most 2nd round playoffs?

Thoughts?

They are probabaly the smallest 1A school in Chattanooga. What is their high school enrollment 200? They gruaduated like 40 seniors last year, its hard to get more than just a few good players. I am impressed they even have a football team. I mean who would really want to move to Lookout Valley to sent their child to Lookout Valley High School to play football? Last year they were loaded with seniors, and only one had a college even look at him for football.

They are probabaly the smallest 1A school in Chattanooga. What is their high school enrollment 200? They gruaduated like 40 seniors last year, its hard to get more than just a few good players. I am impressed they even have a football team. I mean who would really want to move to Lookout Valley to sent their child to Lookout Valley High School to play football? Last year they were loaded with seniors, and only one had a college even look at him for football.

Actually, they only had three seniors last year. One is playing college football and one other probably could have. Yeah, I guess you're right....parents could send their kid to Tyner. But that would be cruel... :blink:

A quote in this statement confuses me. What is a parent thinking? Move your family so a kid can play on championship football team. Do they own homes and have jobs? These people you mention? Thats very selfesh. Thats pushing football in front of Family values. These people you mention, do they put football in front of education also? Saying a smaller school with less football team has better education program. Do they still move to have their kid play Championship football? I know this happens, but what are the parents thinking? How many kids get an education by playing football? Its a long shot like playing the Lottery. There is a better way to get to College. Try education.

• 2 weeks later...

You missed the point. The point is, It's hard to have a good football team with a small scfhool and it's true. But, we have done it. Your probably gonna think I'm crazy but, I go to Lookout Valley and I have seen things things in this program noone knows about. Like the massive amounts of injuries going into the Temple and South Pitt. games, and the fact that it's coach Webb's 3rd year at head coach. Which means he's the one that turned this program around