CROCKETT AT RIPLEY

TIGER NATION

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

evidently you don't know what you are writing about...please go back to the drawing board...you did not pass the test.....

Foosball,

Did you find some error in the stats? These are statistics, not opinions. They show that there was one yard difference in penalties between Dyersburg and Crockett County in the second half, and they show that Crockett's offensive production went down each quarter.

I am not saying that Dyersburg outplayed Crockett, that Crockett was lucky, or anything like that. Crockett's stats were superior to Dyersburg's and Crockett deserved to win. Dyersburg was outplayed for a crucial half, and could not get back in it. I give most credit to the pursuit of the Crockett County defense.

What I am saying is that claims about a flood of flags against Crockett County and the claim that Crockett was in control for the whole game--those claims are without foundation, as anyone who examines them can see.

Do I past the test now?

Foosball,

Did you find some error in the stats? These are statistics, not opinions. They show that there was one yard difference in penalties between Dyersburg and Crockett County in the second half, and they show that Crockett's offensive production went down each quarter.

I am not saying that Dyersburg outplayed Crockett, that Crockett was lucky, or anything like that. Crockett's stats were superior to Dyersburg's and Crockett deserved to win. Dyersburg was outplayed for a crucial half, and could not get back in it. I give most credit to the pursuit of the Crockett County defense.

What I am saying is that claims about a flood of flags against Crockett County and the claim that Crockett was in control for the whole game--those claims are without foundation, as anyone who examines them can see.

Do I past the test now?

Augielio i do not doubt your sports savviness at all. In fact im pretty sure that it is superior to that of myself and many other ppl on the forums. I do however disagree with the statement that Crockett did not control the game. Isnt it true that when another team has a lead (21 point lead at that) that they are considered to be in the "driver seat"???? I just think that Dyersburg got the momentum in the second half and Crockett lost it and never got it back until Cobb stepped up and took advantage of a bad pass on Dyersburg's behalf. Crocketts production in the second half was not as good as their first half...........football has always been a tale of two halves and P.A. and Crockett pride ourselves of our ability to finish games. I do not think that the cavs were tired ..........momentum was just on the other side. Momentum as you would know is hard to fight against

What was Dyersburgs Offensive production in the game?

Edited by crockett78

Before the season started no one I mean no one gave any chance for us to win any games other than the one we supposed to. I have seen this team improve so much if our Offense produces better we win big. Our Defense is as good as any that I've seen in several years around this area. We have @ least 3or maybe 4 D1 prospects. Thats my opinion. This coach has real compassion for the game.

good luck to both and may no one get injured.

FOR THE RECORD

Crockett County's offensive production in the Dyersburg game by quarters:

1st-- 133 yards 38% of game total

2nd--123 yards 35% of game total

3rd-- 54 yards 15% of game total

4th-- 40 yards 11% of game total

AS FOR PENALTIES:

In second half, Crockett County had a total of 3 penalties for 21 yards

Defense penalized 1 yard--OFFSIDE

Offense penalized 10 yards--block below waist

Offense penalized 10 yards--holding

In second half, Dyersburg penalized 3 times for 20 yards.

A GOOD RULE FOR EFFECTIVE DISCUSSION:

1. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE WRITING ABOUT.

2. WRITE IT.

I agree. I believe you called last years Lexington team a paper tiger on another thread. I made a case that Dyersburg was more of a paper tiger than Lexington yet I don`t think you ever responded to that. Maybe you just got a bit ahead of yourself or our definitions of paper tigers differ.

Me too!

well both of you need to go back and look closley i have already admitted crockett was better than i thought but if they played 5 times dyersburg would win 3 of them but enough about dyersburg that made crocketts season revinging a loss but you better wory about ripley because their d-fence is the best in the region

Augielio i do not doubt your sports savviness at all. In fact im pretty sure that it is superior to that of myself and many other ppl on the forums. I do however disagree with the statement that Crockett did not control the game. Isnt it true that when another team has a lead (21 point lead at that) that they are considered to be in the "driver seat"???? I just think that Dyersburg got the momentum in the second half and Crockett lost it and never got it back until Cobb stepped up and took advantage of a bad pass on Dyersburg's behalf. Crocketts production in the second half was not as good as their first half...........football has always been a tale of two halves and P.A. and Crockett pride ourselves of our ability to finish games. I do not think that the cavs were tired ..........momentum was just on the other side. Momentum as you would know is hard to fight against

you need to ask pa before speaking for him son because his stomack was in all kinds of nots as was all the other crocketts fans when it was 21-14 and dyersburg was moving the ball every play in the tieing drive, i give cobb credit he made a good play, but ask coach pratt if he wants to see dyersburg again and i bet you he says i hope they loose in the playoffs before they get back to alamo

I can't pick up 810 in my truck if I'm more than 5 miles from town.

get a new radio

crockett better be ready cause ripley is forreal

that game is in the past and you will see the trojans again if you make it,, please wory about somthing that matters this is a ripley post not a dyersburg