CROCKETT AT RIPLEY

TIGER NATION

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how many college scouts wil be at the game tonight? Bet their will be alot of them. We have 7 or 8 college prospects on Ripleys team. How many does Crocket have? Hope we have a safe and injury free game for both teams no matter who wins. Good luck to everyone and we welcome Crocket and their fans to Ripley, city of hospitality. Page Latham father of Will Latham, Ripley Tiger 54.

Crockett County has five seniors and one junior who will certainly get scholarships, and I would venture there are a few more who will get some looks from Division 2 or 3 schools or NAIA programs.

Crockett County has five seniors and one junior who will certainly get scholarships, and I would venture there are a few more who will get some looks from Division 2 or 3 schools or NAIA programs.

Just wondering who you had in mind for your list. My best guesses would be:

perry, both johnsons and massey are shoe-ins. Spearman is borderline from this senior class. As for juniors, reynolds, lopez, and archuleta could all play their way into one.

Well its finally game day and i'm excited about the hard-hitting, physical struggle we are sure to see tonight. Hope both teams play their best, avoid injury, and have lots of fun on the field and in the stands. Looking forward to a great one, i'm gonna pick the cavs by a score of 17-10. Perry will punch one in on one of those classic fourth quarter clock-eating drives, and a late pick from ron johnson at safety will seal the deal. Good luck to both sides and i'll see ya'll at tiny knee stadium!

Crockett County wins big 35-7. Shaun Johnson with 2 INT's and Ron Johnson with 1. Crockett should have put another score on the board, but the 2nd team fumbled on the 1 with less than 2 minutes to play. I wasn't impressed with the stadium at Ripley. First time for me to see a game there. Endzone corners were pavement from the track. Ripley fans stayed in their cars around the stadium instead of in the stands making noise. PA system was not very good. The field itself looked good, but was soft as evident with several players on both sides slipping on cutbacks. I guess I was expecting more from the historic "Tiny Knee". Anyone else with thoughts on this?

Game was a good one with Crockett throwing the ball well to open up the run. Ripley D line was all it was hyped, but the Cavs play calling kept Ripley off balance all night. We always knew it would be scary if CC could ever throw as well as we run. Well here it is! It just ain't fair for the other team!

Just wondering who you had in mind for your list. My best guesses would be:

perry, both johnsons and massey are shoe-ins. Spearman is borderline from this senior class. As for juniors, reynolds, lopez, and archuleta could all play their way into one.

Well its finally game day and i'm excited about the hard-hitting, physical struggle we are sure to see tonight. Hope both teams play their best, avoid injury, and have lots of fun on the field and in the stands. Looking forward to a great one, i'm gonna pick the cavs by a score of 17-10. Perry will punch one in on one of those classic fourth quarter clock-eating drives, and a late pick from ron johnson at safety will seal the deal. Good luck to both sides and i'll see ya'll at tiny knee stadium!

I don't consider Spearman borderline athletically- he is a beast and my understanding has looks from Memphis and Arkansas State among others. As far as juniors go, I was referring to Reynolds. I believe Ole Miss and Tennessee are among his suitors. Sonny Lopez is my boy, but he probably doesn't have college size for linebacker and I don't think the speed for DB. It's a shame, because he is a hitting machine. Archuleta is a maybe, and I think you can add Matt Mosier to the list based on size and athleticism alone.

Edited by crockettfan

Crockett County wins big 35-7. Shaun Johnson with 2 INT's and Ron Johnson with 1. Crockett should have put another score on the board, but the 2nd team fumbled on the 1 with less than 2 minutes to play. I wasn't impressed with the stadium at Ripley. First time for me to see a game there. Endzone corners were pavement from the track. Ripley fans stayed in their cars around the stadium instead of in the stands making noise. PA system was not very good. The field itself looked good, but was soft as evident with several players on both sides slipping on cutbacks. I guess I was expecting more from the historic "Tiny Knee". Anyone else with thoughts on this?

Game was a good one with Crockett throwing the ball well to open up the run. Ripley D line was all it was hyped, but the Cavs play calling kept Ripley off balance all night. We always knew it would be scary if CC could ever throw as well as we run. Well here it is! It just ain't fair for the other team!

Sounds like a missed a heck of a performance. B) Oh well, counting car parts on Friday night was a lot more fun than silly old football, anyway. B)

Yes there will we some college scouts there tonight. Will has already had some letters and intrest already hasn't he.

Yes he is going to the Memphis UT game tomorrow as guest of University of Memphis. Crocket played great tonight.I thought going in it might be the Johnson and Johnson show. Also thought it would have been closer than it was. No excuses the best team won tonite. Page Latham father of Ripley Tiger 54

Yes he is going to the Memphis UT game tomorrow as guest of University of Memphis. Crocket played great tonight.I thought going in it might be the Johnson and Johnson show. Also thought it would have been closer than it was. No excuses the best team won tonite. Page Latham father of Ripley Tiger 54

Thank you for your kind comments. I hate I missed out on the game. Good luck to your son. I really think he should spend tomorrow cheering for #14- Crockett County's own Earnest Williams. B)