WHATS WRONG WITH PIGEON FORGE?

hoopsdreamer

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very hard on the coach and the players especially Seniors. They have played for the same guy for several years and finally get used to his philosophies and now they have to learn a new one all over again. Sometimes Seniors are hard headed, and sometimes coaches want to set examples early. It is is never easy. Give PF some time and they will be back in the groove.

i went to the carter pf game and it seemed that pf was not focused and not one team. I want to know what happen but you can not blame it on the coach because that does not make a team worst. If the players worked hard they would be out standing. I was actually expecting them to be in top of the region.

Edited by hornet2517

i went to the carter pf game and it seemed that pf was not focused and not one team. I want to know what happen but you can not blame it on the coach because that does not make a team worst. If the players worked hard they would be out standing. I was actually expecting them to be in top of the region.

EVERYONE IS ALWAYS QUICK TO BLAME THE KIDS.THERE IS GOT TO BE SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON.THEY HAVE A LONG LIST OF ATHLETES WHO HAVE PLAYED COLLEGE FOOTBALL(IF YOU READ ANY OF TIGER BALLS57 POSTS) BUT THEY HAVE NEVER WON MORE THAN 5 GAMES IN A SEASON.WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.EVERYONE IN THE COUNTY HAS KNOWN FOR YEARS THAT ALL THE ATLETES IN THE COUNTY COME FROM PIGEON FORGE SO IT CANT BE A TALENT PROBLEM.WHATS THE DEAL?

EVERYONE IS ALWAYS QUICK TO BLAME THE KIDS.THERE IS GOT TO BE SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON.THEY HAVE A LONG LIST OF ATHLETES WHO HAVE PLAYED COLLEGE FOOTBALL(IF YOU READ ANY OF TIGER BALLS57 POSTS) BUT THEY HAVE NEVER WON MORE THAN 5 GAMES IN A SEASON.WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.EVERYONE IN THE COUNTY HAS KNOWN FOR YEARS THAT ALL THE ATLETES IN THE COUNTY COME FROM PIGEON FORGE SO IT CANT BE A TALENT PROBLEM.WHATS THE DEAL?

Don't kid yourself? How many D1 football players have come from PFHS? Matter of fact, how many pro athletes have come from PF? Sevier Co. had Jason Layman and Seymour had Scott Galyon (of which neither grew up in PF). Any others?

They have played for the same guy for several years and finally get used to his philosophies and now they have to learn a new one all over again.

This is the third coach in four years are you sure you follow PF football?

David Ryan was at PF for three years. Are you sure you follow PF football?

Don't kid yourself? How many D1 football players have come from PFHS? Matter of fact, how many pro athletes have come from PF? Sevier Co. had Jason Layman and Seymour had Scott Galyon (of which neither grew up in PF). Any others?

How many starters off of Sevier Co. State Championship team were from PF. I don't know the exact # but I believe it was somewhere around 18.

Pf looked really good in the spring....but they have lost 7 ...count em ...7 good athletes since that time for whatever reasons ...many of them just quit .. if those kids play both ways ( and i assume that they would and several did ) then that's 14 starters that they lost on both sides of the ball...5 of those players were seniors and the other two were juniors...that's about 63% of your starters GONE...2 of those guys were linemen in the 280-300 pound range both of them stood about '6"6... 3 of them were WR/DBs types that could make plays....another was the QB last year (broke his arm) also a DB/WR/QB with good speed and a good athlete...and another 240 pounder was a TE/LB....and then you replace them with kids who are younger .....that's a problem ! we have also played a tough schedule (five 5-0 teams...GP- meigs -carter) yeah we still got some athletes left but i doubt that any team could stand that type of attrition and still come up smelling like a rose...our kids need to finish the fight and give a supreme effort on every play ....people say that they are quitters and that they have given up ....well i don't believe that...at least not yet....and having known them and watched them grow up all of these years i would be very suprised(and dissapointed) if it were true....there is half a season yet to be played and there are some opportunities at hand

If my memory serves me right Maryville was either 0-4 or 0-5 Quarrells first year and still won a state championship. I really don't think PF is going to do that, but they can win some games.

Why did those kids quit?

i don't know ...i thought with the spread offense that they would really get into it and everynbody was getting to touch the ball ...i can remember 1 scrimmage where paul threw 5 touchdown passes to 4 or 5 different receivers and at passing camp(UT) everybody was getting receptions....i don't know what happened between then and now .....it looked like everybody was having alot of fun with it...i don't know kids are different these days